• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone raise there hand who predicted the Heat :flame::flame:would currently be sitting in the 7th spot 2 months ago.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“If this was any other business, it would be a prosecutable offense — this type of bait-and-switch maneuver that the NBA allows its teams to pull,” added Van Gundy, “and quite frankly, if you look at the athletic performance teams, these groups that are supposedly preventing injury, when I look at the Cleveland Cavaliers, they’ve been injured all year, so how good are they doing at what they say the can accomplish?”

Ouch.

Van Gundy went in dry.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around what I had. I had us at 25-28 wins. It's refreshing that Spo proved he can actually coach. Given that those 2 titles came with Lebron.

I'm not sure even most Heat fans understand how sophisticated our offense is.

There literally is no way to take everything away.

Every player on the court can score.

I can't remember seeing a more unselfish group.

They can beat you from anywhere on the court.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Gundy went in dry.

He should go in with a razor wire wrapped bat at this point. It's beyond ridiculous now. Adam Silver is going to have to step in. It's disrespectful to the TV partners that paid HUGE amounts of money to show these games and they are sitting players in these national games. Those TV partners are the exact reason why the NBA has boomed over the last decade and why people like Lebron and every other player have loaded their pockets. They're gonna have to implement some kind of injury DL where if you're placed on it, you can't come off for X games (so you can't pick and choose games claiming injury like Kyrie and Love) and a rule that says you can only use a DNP-CD for "rest" for 1 player per game and it can't be consecutive games either (to prevent multiple people sitting out like the Spurs and Warriors do)

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Iguodala has been playing freaking great since KD went down.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors did the damn job. Heat are currently in 7th place.

1.5 behind Indy for 6th and 3 GB of 5th.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors did the damn job. Heat are currently in 7th place.

1.5 behind Indy for 6th and 3 GB of 5th.

I'm not saying this is even remotely realistic, but I would be pretty bummed if the Heat derail the Cavs and prevent the rubber match. And me having to worry about that shows how good the Heat look right now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure even most Heat fans understand how sophisticated our offense is.

There literally is no way to take everything away.

Every player on the court can score.

I can't remember seeing a more unselfish group.

They can beat you from anywhere on the court.

Not even sure how sophisticated the offense actually is. Even the simplest of offenses will work if you have good ball movement and guys who can shoot and are willing to make the extra pass.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers @ Raptors
Blazers @ Heat

If the Pacers lose while the Heat win then the Heat are a half game out of 6th place.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should go in with a razor wire wrapped bat at this point. It's beyond ridiculous now. Adam Silver is going to have to step in. It's disrespectful to the TV partners that paid HUGE amounts of money to show these games and they are sitting players in these national games. Those TV partners are the exact reason why the NBA has boomed over the last decade and why people like Lebron and every other player have loaded their pockets. They're gonna have to implement some kind of injury DL where if you're placed on it, you can't come off for X games (so you can't pick and choose games claiming injury like Kyrie and Love) and a rule that says you can only use a DNP-CD for "rest" for 1 player per game and it can't be consecutive games either (to prevent multiple people sitting out like the Spurs and Warriors do)

^^^THIS^^^ Especially the bold.

The TV partners are paying the NBA $24 billion to broadcast these games. You have a nationally televised game between the top team in the East and a top 4 team in the West being shown during prime time and one team sits it's 3 best players?

Then, that same team is playing the next night against a team that it might actually still be able to beat without it's 3 best players in a game that is only going to be broadcast on that teams channel, but it's 3 best players are going to play?

The excuse used to be "2nd game of a back to back" but now it's the first game and vs. the better team? I'm sure the league office, as well as the TV partners, are very unhappy and hopefully this will be addressed in the off-season.

I wonder if the TV partners have any recourse to take action if the NBA isn't putting out the quality of product that they are paying for?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I would be pretty bummed if the Heat derail the Cavs and prevent the rubber match.

It'd be pretty much you, Wiggy and the other Cavs fans.

The rest of us would be laughing our collective asses off. :dhd:

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ABC Primetime Saturday is only about 2 months long and the Cavs and Warriors made a mockery of it. What a way to end ABC Saturday Night schedule this year

Status
Not open for further replies.