• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2015 Stanley Cup Final - Lightning vs. Blackhawks

Who Will Win The Stanley Cup?

• Tampa Bay Lightning

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Chicago Blackhawks

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a couple teams that seem to play that "don't give a fuck" style. Flames, Ottawa and (For the last month of the season) Columbus in addition to TB. It's fun to watch.

A nightmare to go against, I'd wager. But fun to watch.

Not to turn this thread into teams that aren't playing in the Final(this is Tampa/Chicago), but I think you'll see Florida in that same category of a team who just keeps battling no matter what - I saw a lot of that out of them where they weren't favored and they kept on pushing and pushing(I think they can make the cut next time around)

I love those types of teams because people foolishly continue to count them out and they keep on proving them wrong - makes them a very likable team

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just drop this here:

“The players won't like this, but I wish they all would stop growing beards in the postseason,” Lazarus said, via the Chicago Tribune. “Let's get their faces out there. Let's talk about how young and attractive they are. What model citizens they are. (Hockey players) truly are one of a kind among professional athletes.

NBC Sports chairman wants NHL players to cut their beards | NHL | Sporting News

I'm not a fan of growing a beard(not that I could be a mountain man by any stretch of the imagination) and I love the feel of being clean shaven, but I think Mark Lazarus needs to zip his lips - the beard tradition is cool to see, even for those who don't necessarily like growing them out because it actually does attract more people because it's something different - some guys have really great, recognizable beards and that's how they become remembered

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“The players won't like this, but I wish they all would stop growing beards in the postseason,” Lazarus said, via the Chicago Tribune. “Let's get their faces out there. Let's talk about how young and attractive they are. What model citizens they are. (Hockey players) truly are one of a kind among professional athletes.

Ew. Ew. Eww.

I need to go shower. I feel dirty just for reading that.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hahgayyy.gif

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of growing a beard(not that I could be a mountain man by any stretch of the imagination) and I love the feel of being clean shaven, but I think Mark Lazarus needs to zip his lips - the beard tradition is cool to see, even for those who don't necessarily like growing them out because it actually does attract more people because it's something different - some guys have really great, recognizable beards and that's how they become remembered

the first team that decides to go clean shaven and is ousted from the playoffs will grow beards next time they are in. Maybe he should go back to old hockey with no helmets so we can see their flowing locks. Yeah, sure seems like a guy surfing for a different kind of pronthan the rest of us, not that there is anything wrong with that. But this is getting in the lets sign his dick area of gay with a dash of something else.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A drop of 1% last year would have still left them well above average (7th overall) last season though. And it would have dropped their goal differential down to about even.
Like I said, incremental improvements from Monahan, Gaudreau and the 18 year old is obviously key to everything, and good goaltending would help the differential. Must-do for Treliving/Lord Dipshit of Jamesons.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, incremental improvements from Monahan, Gaudreau and the 18 year old is obviously key to everything, and good goaltending would help the differential. Must-do for Treliving/Lord Dipshit of Jamesons.

I am rather fond of Jamesons. The basic 12 year stuff is a little rough, but the 18 yr and other special reserves are quite tasty.

I will concede the title of Lord Dipshit though to the man who has earned it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rather fond of Jamesons. The basic 12 year stuff is a little rough, but the 18 yr and other special reserves are quite tasty.

I will concede the title of Lord Dipshit though to the man who has earned it.
Just because he's of Jameson's doesn't disparage the House of Jameson's as an entity. Just one dipshit.

And I too don't mind Jamey's, even the basic swill. I'll take it over most others of its ilk.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This proves once again, no matter what the Islanders do, it's wrong.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also wants them to do more commercials for body wash, appear on Dancing With the Stars, Co-Host a morning or two with Kathie Lee and appear on the cover a magazine like Beckham did all tattooed and smoldery...

I hockey players play their cards right, they could get a cameo in "Ted 3".

HOLLLLYYYYYWWOOOOOOOODDDD!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this NBC guy is out of touch ... take it from baseball ... chicks dig the long beard

CDDQT1mUkAEdxND.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also wants them to do more commercials for body wash, appear on Dancing With the Stars, Co-Host a morning or two with Kathie Lee and appear on the cover a magazine like Beckham did all tattooed and smoldery...

I hockey players play their cards right, they could get a cameo in "Ted 3".

HOLLLLYYYYYWWOOOOOOOODDDD!

15WemfNLToqYLhLiM8p2_t7.gif

(sorry, but it might be the funniest thing I have seen all week so I took the opportunity to post it again)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vasilevsky leads the Bolts onto the ice for warm up.

Yep. He's starting.

In the madhouse. Wow.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop not even on the bench. Kristers Gudleskis is the backup.

Oduya on the ice for the Hawks, Timonen is too.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My beard has called this game at 4-2, 'Hawks. However, it is admittedly almost as ignorant of hockey as the rest of me.

Still. This shit is entertaining.

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have they given a reason for Bishop being out? I know they have been hush hush about it in other games.