• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2015 Stanley Cup Final - Lightning vs. Blackhawks

Who Will Win The Stanley Cup?

• Tampa Bay Lightning

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Chicago Blackhawks

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Seabrook gave up on him.

I don't know who looked worse on the GWG, Seabrook or Crawford?

God help me, I just love the way that Tampa plays. They just don't quit. Even when they get badly outplayed, they still keep their heads in it. I just wonder if that's more Yzerman's influence or if Cooper is some kind of guru. Or both?

I see some similarities between the Bolts and Flames, hopefully the Flames can have the same kind of post-season success as Tampa Bay down the road.[/QUOTE]

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see some similarities between the Bolts and Flames, hopefully the Flames can have the same kind of post-season success as Tampa Bay down the road.
[/QUOTE]
Flames could be better. Need to figure out the goaltending situation this summer, though.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames are a good team, I think maybe with a true #1 they can be even better. Maybe Lehtonen out of Dallas could tweak their interest.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames are a good team, I think maybe with a true #1 they can be even better. Maybe Lehtonen out of Dallas could tweak their interest.

Kari Let-them-in? Not a fan, in fact I think if the Stars want to take that next step, they need to find a replacement for Kari.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see some similarities between the Bolts and Flames, hopefully the Flames can have the same kind of post-season success as Tampa Bay down the road.

There's a couple teams that seem to play that "don't give a fuck" style. Flames, Ottawa and (For the last month of the season) Columbus in addition to TB. It's fun to watch.

A nightmare to go against, I'd wager. But fun to watch.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both looked pretty bad, but as soon as I saw who was out there for Chicago, I thought "Oh, crap. This is going in." The forward line was Richards (moseys on back on defense), Sharp (backchecks hard to the blue line and coasts), and Kane (HAHA DEFENSE?). All three forwards were just floating into the zone on the backcheck, while the Lightning had two attacking hard. The defense should have been better, but it wasn't a great situation to begin with.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a couple teams that seem to play that "don't give a fuck" style. Flames, Ottawa and (For the last month of the season) Columbus in addition to TB. It's fun to watch.

A nightmare to go against, I'd wager. But fun to watch.

Don't forget TOR. They definitely played the last half of the season with that style.

Oh. You meant as in "trying to win". NVM.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember a year ago when this was Colorado.

They have some youth that should improve that will help, but do you really think they're going to shoot over 10.5% again?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago let one get away from them last night, they needed to light Bishop up at home. Missed wide open goal and Crawford has looked shaky since g2.

Imo Chicago could be up 3-0 but they f'ed up last night and g2 especially.

Good job by the lightning to bounce back after g1. Hope this series goes 7!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have some youth that should improve that will help, but do you really think they're going to shoot over 10.5% again?

I will agree that the Flames shooting percentage is unsustainable, but I think the comparison with Colorado is flawed for a couple of reasons:

1. Varly delivered a Vezina worthy season for the Avs a couple of years ago, whereas neither Hiller or Ramo cracked the top 20 as far as save percentage is concerned.

2. Flames top 4 defence is much better than Colorado both from an offensive and defensive standpoint.

That said, there were several Flames that delivered career years (Wideman really stands out as a prime example) and I don't expect him to come close to that again. However, some of the guys that had career years are still young and it's a tough call as to whether or not their respective seasons can be duplicated or perhaps even improved upon.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if it dropped by 1%, they'd still be good. Calgary has a full season of Sam Bennett coming. Colorado didn't have that in the cupboard, and their defence is hot garbage compared to Calgary.

Anyway, Monahan is only going to get better, Hudler will need to maintain, Gaudreau needs to avoid the soph slump and 18 year old Sam Bennett will have to produce but I wouldn't put it past them.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it dropped by 1%, they'd still be good. Calgary has a full season of Sam Bennett coming. Colorado didn't have that in the cupboard, and their defence is hot garbage compared to Calgary.

Anyway, Monahan is only going to get better, Hudler will need to maintain, Gaudreau needs to avoid the soph slump and 18 year old Sam Bennett will have to produce but I wouldn't put it past them.

A drop of 1% last year would have still left them well above average (7th overall) last season though. And it would have dropped their goal differential down to about even.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3