• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2015 OPENING SEASON HOME SERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Or Hoying maybe.

EG posts that could be Choice, Pegeuro, Kyle Blanks or Alex Hassan. Choice and Hassan are on the 40man while Pegeuro, Blanks and Hoying are not.

So unless TEX wants to move Bonilla to the 60Day DL or DFA somebody ... I'm figuring it will be Choice ... or now maybe Hassan so TEX can decide he's a worthy acquisition early.

And has happened as many times as not ... TEX will surprise us with the move to replace Rua.

Actually ... DL for Rua is a bad deal but what it will give him is an opportunity to restart his season getting hot at AAA and then returning to the active roster with some more ABs under his belt. Not sure when he was injured ... I thought it was trying to climb the wall chasing Lowrie's HR but EG says it was chasing down that ball in the corner.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would go with Pegeuro or Hoying and drop someone from he 40 man roster. Or they could bring up someone to replace Holland who is on the 40 and put Holland on the 60 day DL opening up a spot on the 40 man.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know when they would've brought up Chi Chi had Derek not been injured, but I would think this might speed it up. I know he won't be the one called up immediately, but not be to far after

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think I would go with Pegeuro or Hoying and drop someone from he 40 man roster. Or they could bring up someone to replace Holland who is on the 40 and put Holland on the 60 day DL opening up a spot on the 40 man.

Speculation from the beat writers is that Ranaudo on the 40man will replace Holland. I think putting him on the 60Day DL will delay his return as he will not be able to 'pick up a ball' in a month. That said ... I would also prefer to see Hoying or Peguero too over either Choice or Hassan but using whose spot? Holland's? Who?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Benny ... Scott Lucas agrees with you ...

Scott Lucas ‏@scottrlucas 39m39 minutes ago
I guess Texas could say "eff this" and 60 Holland now. If he can't even pick up a ball for at least 1 mo., he can't return in <2, I assume.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hard to get excited about this team. The second you do something bad happens. Thanks for ruining all the fun baseball...

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation from the beat writers is that Ranaudo on the 40man will replace Holland. I think putting him on the 60Day DL will delay his return as he will not be able to 'pick up a ball' in a month. That said ... I would also prefer to see Hoying or Peguero too over either Choice or Hassan but using whose spot? Holland's? Who?
Do we need Hassan or Verrett on the 40 man roster?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked up Holland's other rotator cuff injury in 2010. They had initially called it mild inflammation of the rotator cuff. They tried letting him start throwing a bullpen session about 10 days later and they shut him down due to continued discomfort. He wound up missing two and a half months from the mild inflammation.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We knew these guys weren't going to compete for anything this year. I was just hoping for the team to have a few kids play well and prove themselves, have key players recover from injuries, and have something to build on for next year. I guess the first and last items listed are still possible, just took a hit today tho.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I looked up Holland's other rotator cuff injury in 2010. They had initially called it mild inflammation of the rotator cuff. They tried letting him start throwing a bullpen session about 10 days later and they shut him down due to continued discomfort. He wound up missing two and a half months from the mild inflammation.

As conservative as TEX tends to be with pitchers ... bet they go with Holland on the 15Day first ... see what Choice or Hassan can do first ... and then consider Bonilla or Holland to the 60Day. TEX isn't going anywhere big without Yu ... so no need to rush Holland. But don't think they put him on the 60 day right away just to get Peguero or Hoying on the 40man. If they need to do that ... then they shouldn't have grabbed Hassan as he was flying back and forth between the east coast and the west coast trying to suit up to play for somebody.

Maybe TEX ought to call BAL and ask them what they were going to trade to OAK for Hassan that TEX interupted when they took him off waivers. Maybe they get something back they don't have to put on the 40man.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game today and just read the last page only. I cannot believe this is happening again. I did not even know anything about Rua. I saw Holland and Choo were replaced during the game.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did see one replay. Our 1 run and that was a disaster because Fielder did not slide into 2nd. He is doing well with the bat but that is basic base running.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Random one liner HSOs ...
  • Shawn Tolleson instills more confidence than Neftali Feliz
  • Prince Fielder is going to have a good year
  • Ditto Mitch
  • Wonder if Chirinos was thinking "Yea, we got bombed in the 2 games I caught" to Emily Jones' question about "how great it was to get a split in OAK".
  • Bass did a heck of a good job in long relief today ... you got to see his play of the day if you haven't

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball can surely fuck up a perfectly good year

Status
Not open for further replies.