• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now Im somewhat excited. if we can get a 20 goal guy down the road here Ill be so happy

RyJo tells the Moj its a steal for the canucks

/grain of salt: former teammate in portland so not a very unbiased opinion

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RyJo tells the Moj its a steal for the canucks

/grain of salt: former teammate in portland so not a very unbiased opinion
Part of the plan to woo Johansen into a Canucks trade request??

BALLARD AND BOOTH!!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it now - The Triple 'S' line of Sedin - Sedin - Sven

He's going to Utica but I wouldnt be surprised if they throw Kassian into the garbage and bring Sven up within a week to play with the sedins lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see Kassian being here after the draft

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I take stupidity personally. A team that draws 1000 fans/game less than the omniscient Leafs without anything like the corporate support apparently has no fans. It was a REALLY witty remark. Ya know what they say: it's funny because it is not even close to true!!!

At least it added a lot to the discussion.:nod:

Dude, it was not a smart ass comment. Most teams made some moves in the last couple of days, and OTT was notable for not being one of them. And of all the Canadian teams, OTT fans were also the quietest over the past week. Both here and elsewhere in social media.

Maybe the OTT fans are happy with their roster, :scratch: I dont know. That's why I asked the question. Geez you guys are sensitive.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the original Ottawa post though.

I, for one, am glad they did nothing. I would have liked even better to have seen Neil or Phillips moved for any kind of futures. They deserve to get to play for a contender and they don't really have a place on Ottawa as the team gets younger and faster.

My fear however was that this 5 game wining streak would have encouraged management into being buyers. I was dreading coming back to my computer and seeing something like Pageau for Stewart or Lazar for Maxime Talbot or some other idiotic move to try to desperately get into the playoffs.

Loving the way the young guys have developed this year and glad to see none of them move on.

And that was the perspective I was hoping to get. Thank you. :suds:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was the perspective I was hoping to get. Thank you.

Well if the Leafs had any fans who paid for their own tickets, sat in the lower bowl and didn't spend more than half the game in the lounge, not-watching-the-game-and-drinking-shitty-Aussie-Shiraz I would have given it sooner.

Yeesh. At least we've both gotten past the smart ass comments.

:suds:C

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...but we didn't throw jerseys on the ice. And I was like 10, damnit. Seriously, I don't put my fanbase above pretty much any. We suck as a whole. Dangit I miss the igloo. CEC blows.
I've heard a lot of that. Red Wings fans are gonna flip when they lose the Joe.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I take stupidity personally. A team that draws 1000 fans/game less than the omniscient Leafs without anything like the corporate support apparently has no fans. It was a REALLY witty remark. Ya know what they say: it's funny because it is not even close to true!!!

At least it added a lot to the discussion.:nod:

I feel such shame for mocking it because you think I'm wrong for mocking asinine remarks. :pout:

Breathe deep. Let it go. The big bad Leaf fan is gone now.
Spezza is a talented player but he was, and is, a shitty leader. As evidenced by bailing on his team after one year as captain. It's also interesting to note that Dallas is a worse team this year than last, whereas Ottawa is on a similar pace while getting way younger than last year's team.

Dallas lost one of their best players to injury for the season.

Everybody also knew their defence was shit and the goaltending suspect.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems that Phaneuf would've been a Wing if, as discussed here, Leafs had taken Weiss and Detroit had given up Mantha. Neither side was too crazy about their part to play and it went nowhere.

Offseason it is.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the original Ottawa post though.

I, for one, am glad they did nothing. I would have liked even better to have seen Neil or Phillips moved for any kind of futures. They deserve to get to play for a contender and they don't really have a place on Ottawa as the team gets younger and faster.

My fear however was that this 5 game wining streak would have encouraged management into being buyers. I was dreading coming back to my computer and seeing something like Pageau for Stewart or Lazar for Maxime Talbot or some other idiotic move to try to desperately get into the playoffs.

Loving the way the young guys have developed this year and glad to see none of them move on.

Good thing they didn't actually trade for Clarkson, then.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems that Phaneuf would've been a Wing if, as discussed here, Leafs had taken Weiss and Detroit had given up Mantha. Neither side was too crazy about their part to play and it went nowhere.

Offseason it is.

Ken Holland would have gotten shot if he did that deal

There's not a chance in hell he would have been able to do that and not gotten massive scrutiny for that

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breathe deep. Let it go. The big bad Leaf fan is gone now.

Dallas lost one of their best players to injury for the season.

Everybody also knew their defence was shit and the goaltending suspect.

not the canucks

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard a lot of that. Red Wings fans are gonna flip when they lose the Joe.

It became...corporate. I mean, as a Leaf fan you probably get that, seeing as on many nights half of Air Canada is suits. But, it's so obnoxious. I can't really say too much, because I'm not a good "in house" fan myself. I talk with people around me, know my stuff, etc, but I'm not one to start up chants or get super rowdy. But you know what I don't do? Leave with 8 effing minutes to play. I almost took a video yesterday. 8:30ish left, Pens up 5-1, on a 5min PP, and about 10-15% of people were leaving. It was a 5pm start on a Sunday! Kids don't need to get to bed! Next whistle was at 4:00, and 50% of people were going. Just under a minute? 75% gone. When Geno did his postgame interview on the ice? Maybe 10% stayed to listen.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It became...corporate. I mean, as a Leaf fan you probably get that, seeing as on many nights half of Air Canada is suits. But, it's so obnoxious. I can't really say too much, because I'm not a good "in house" fan myself. I talk with people around me, know my stuff, etc, but I'm not one to start up chants or get super rowdy. But you know what I don't do? Leave with 8 effing minutes to play. I almost took a video yesterday. 8:30ish left, Pens up 5-1, on a 5min PP, and about 10-15% of people were leaving. It was a 5pm start on a Sunday! Kids don't need to get to bed! Next whistle was at 4:00, and 50% of people were going. Just under a minute? 75% gone. When Geno did his postgame interview on the ice? Maybe 10% stayed to listen.
That is pretty bad. Even the corporate folks usually stay until the final couple minutes if they're winning (rare, but...). And getting out of the area around the ACC by car post-game is a nightmare. Of course, is smart folks take transit there.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the plan to woo Johansen into a Canucks trade request??

BALLARD AND BOOTH!!

230114_908223010.png

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is pretty bad. Even the corporate folks usually stay until the final couple minutes if they're winning (rare, but...). And getting out of the area around the ACC by car post-game is a nightmare. Of course, is smart folks take transit there.

I can't really put my finger on what it is specifically...but it's just different. I also think that whomever is in charge a lot of the business side of things runs it in a very, well, business-y way. Maybe it's Morehouse, maybe it's further down the line, but they're trying to make it into something it's not. Or have made it I guess. Sports are sports, not a big business venture. Prices won't help either, especially when a big portion of the fan base is young. They still do the whole student rush thing, which is nice. Maybe it's in house production that's an issue. Instead of simply letting fans begin stuff, now it's much more forced. Heck, people reporting that ushers don't even allow you to shit talk! Someone was sitting near the glass and saw an usher yell at fans giving Hartnell crap yesterday. Seriously? Come on.