• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breathe deep. Let it go. The big bad Leaf fan is gone now.
Read: I have no real comeback but I'll try to look smart.

Well played.

Dallas lost one of their best players to injury for the season.

What a week ago?? They are in the hole they're in because early in the season they got torn a new asshole while Seguin was lighting the league on fire. The reason they got lit up? Teams were scoring against them at will, often when Spezza was on the ice 5-on-5. The guy has a world of offensive talent but his physical skills have eroded to the point where he is often a liability. He needs shelter and is the last person who should be leading a team. I miss his skills on the PP but at this point in his career I don't miss much else.

Everybody also knew their defence was shit and the goaltending suspect.

Their defense and goaltending was pretty much just as bad last year. I think the Stars are finding out that Spezza was not the key to them competing in the west.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a week ago?? They are in the hole they're in because early in the season they got torn a new asshole while Seguin was lighting the league on fire. The reason they got lit up? Teams were scoring against them at will, often when Spezza was on the ice 5-on-5. The guy has a world of offensive talent but his physical skills have eroded to the point where he is often a liability. He needs shelter and is the last person who should be leading a team. I miss his skills on the PP but at this point in his career I don't miss much else.

I meant Nichushkin. They were expecting a huge step from him and losing him so early really rattled things.

Their defense and goaltending was pretty much just as bad last year. I think the Stars are finding out that Spezza was not the key to them competing in the west.

No argument here. Hemsky, too, while you're at it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really put my finger on what it is specifically...but it's just different. I also think that whomever is in charge a lot of the business side of things runs it in a very, well, business-y way. Maybe it's Morehouse, maybe it's further down the line, but they're trying to make it into something it's not. Or have made it I guess. Sports are sports, not a big business venture. Prices won't help either, especially when a big portion of the fan base is young. They still do the whole student rush thing, which is nice. Maybe it's in house production that's an issue. Instead of simply letting fans begin stuff, now it's much more forced. Heck, people reporting that ushers don't even allow you to shit talk! Someone was sitting near the glass and saw an usher yell at fans giving Hartnell crap yesterday. Seriously? Come on.
Well, like, fuck Hartnell.

But it's the barn - the second things go new, everything gets a little lamer. Only time it really feels like a "home" advantage at the ACC is in the playoffs, and, well, I'll stop talking to avoid ridicule.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, like, fuck Hartnell.

But it's the barn - the second things go new, everything gets a little lamer. Only time it really feels like a "home" advantage at the ACC is in the playoffs, and, well, I'll stop talking to avoid ridicule.

During the pre-game intro yesterday they show clips of team history along with crowd reaction, etc and it just bummed me out seeing the clips of the old place. Just something about it. The seats were on such an incline that you were on top of the players, the "ghosts" as they say. I shouldn't complain much, it's the reason the team is still in town, but I miss the old days.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the pre-game intro yesterday they show clips of team history along with crowd reaction, etc and it just bummed me out seeing the clips of the old place. Just something about it. The seats were on such an incline that you were on top of the players, the "ghosts" as they say. I shouldn't complain much, it's the reason the team is still in town, but I miss the old days.
I get the same way when I see MLG. Nothing beat the old barns. Losing Nassau is going to suck, too.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the same way when I see MLG. Nothing beat the old barns. Losing Nassau is going to suck, too.

Losing Nassau is not going to suck. I get what you mean about the old barns being nostalgic but I drove up to the Coliseum this past weekend for one last hoorah. The concourse is brutal between periods, concessions stink, and the bathrooms are worse. I stopped drinking beer because it wasn't worth the wait on line. Their team store was horrible. I know it's going to be tough for a lot of Long Island fans to get to Brooklyn, but I think the experience for them will be 1000% better.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Nassau is not going to suck. I get what you mean about the old barns being nostalgic but I drove up to the Coliseum this past weekend for one last hoorah. The concourse is brutal between periods, concessions stink, and the bathrooms are worse. I stopped drinking beer because it wasn't worth the wait on line. Their team store was horrible. I know it's going to be tough for a lot of Long Island fans to get to Brooklyn, but I think the experience for them will be 1000% better.
Barclays is a good arena, but if hockey fans there are anything like their basketball fans, it's going to be lame.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of those old buildings were complete shit holes, but damn you can't match the atmosphere. Cap Center, Spectrum and Boston Garden were three of the best places I ever saw games.

I remember walking into Arrowhead Pond and thinking I was in a mall. It was a novelty. Now every arena looks and feels like a mall.

Don't get me wrong, I love Nationwide. But God help me, I miss places like the Cap Center.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barclays is a good arena, but if hockey fans there are anything like their basketball fans, it's going to be lame.

I can't stand pro basketball so my opinion of the game and fans will definitely be slighted. I think Barclays will be great for the Isles, they just need to retrofit the damn arena for hockey. I hate the stupid off-center-ice scoreboard.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those old buildings were complete shit holes, but damn you can't match the atmosphere. Cap Center, Spectrum and Boston Garden were three of the best places I ever saw games.

I remember walking into Arrowhead Pond and thinking I was in a mall. It was a novelty. Now every arena looks and feels like a mall.

Don't get me wrong, I love Nationwide. But God help me, I miss places like the Cap Center.

Exactly how I feel. Nationwide is the only other building I've been in, and as a Pens fan it was a great atmosphere, but that was because it had a college feel to it with good amounts of both team's fans in there. The mall thing is right on. "BUY THIS! BUY BUY BUY! There's a merch cart every 100 feet, and that's just the 200 level at CEC. Never been on the 100 level, but judging by the entrance, etc they try to make you feel like a high roller. "Welcome to the club level, come through the velvet rope..." Is it more comfortable now? Heck yes. Is it as fun to experience live? Uh...no. I've been told it livens up in the playoffs, but lord I'd hope so.

I don't know man...again, it'll be more comfortable, but I think the awe of the new building will wear off pretty quick. And it's going to attract a whole new crowd. Maybe nothing changes, but I sure didn't think moving across the dang street would change anything in Pittsburgh.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand pro basketball so my opinion of the game and fans will definitely be slighted. I think Barclays will be great for the Isles, they just need to retrofit the damn arena for hockey. I hate the stupid off-center-ice scoreboard.

Will they do any of this though? And I know the some of the seats don't really work for hockey either.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saddledome looks pretty cool from the outside, but that sloping roof causes many a rock show to bypass Calgary as they deemed it not viable for the pyrotechnics and other assorted activitites that bands wanted to perform. It's coming up on 35 years old now and will probably celebrate its 40th birthday before a replacement arena is ready.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was sort of my feeling. The building was built for basketball, I doubt they make any concessions that take away from the set up for basketball.

Ugh. I know. Wishful thinking. I'm praying Barclays and the Isles end up being one of those 5 year relationships you have in your mid 20s. First year, you really really like one another, next 3 you go through the motions with a big build up of resentment and underlying hatred and then the last one ends in a fit of rage. And voiula, they end up back in Nassau County.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember a few years ago when they had to rope of sections because some of the ceiling was crumbling. No the Colesium is a dump. That said it will be interesting to see the transition to Brooklyn. Nassau is very convenient for the bulk of the Isles fan base. It's a good thing the team is doing well. If they were the Isles of most recent years moving would have probably killed them.