• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL draft

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with the season finally over its now time to look into next season. I have a lot of people I like in this years draft at WR in the 1st round if its Cooper, DGB, Parker, White or Strong. But one player I really like right now at WR is Jamison Crowder. He is projected to be a 4th round pick and is one of the fastest WRs in this years class. He is only 5'9 but I think he could be our PR/KR, a deep ball threat and a smaller fast player who can play the slot catching passes over the middle like a Welker.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want either Parker, White, Beckham, Cooper or Strong. Give me a WR.

Crowder is a nice sleeper pick.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with the season finally over its now time to look into next season. I have a lot of people I like in this years draft at WR in the 1st round if its Cooper, DGB, Parker, White or Strong. But one player I really like right now at WR is Jamison Crowder. He is projected to be a 4th round pick and is one of the fastest WRs in this years class. He is only 5'9 but I think he could be our PR/KR, a deep ball threat and a smaller fast player who can play the slot catching passes over the middle like a Welker.

Jamison Crowder Highlight Reel - YouTube

I also like Crowder. He is shifty and quick. Edleman gave the Seahawks fits in the Super Bowl. Of course he has Brady and Niners have Kaep. Hope he makes strides working with Warner.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillip Dorsett WR from Miami is another small speedy WR we could look at in the middle of the draft. He is listed at 5'10 195 but he is expected to run a 4.30 at the combine. He came out and said he is gonna try to make it in the 4.29 area.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and why that 4th comp pick is huge, it can be used for these type of players.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kap working with white. is that a sign

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This years draft needs to be Big for the 49ers again. I cant wait for the draft. I want Parker, White or Beckham. 49ers will shock us a draft a WR that's suppose to go in the 2nd Rd. LOL. I trust them I just hope its a good pick.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Christian Gin's newest piece assessing the Niners' needs:

The San Francisco 49ers have undergone changes at coaching staff, but there have been parts of the roster which have a future and long term hope in the short term.

Say what???

Moving Forward: A look at the 49ers needs for 2015 - San Francisco 49ers | Examiner.com

I agree with CB, WR and DE as our top 3 needs but O-line #5 and RB #8 I disagree with. Even if we lose Iupati I dont feel wee need to draft a player on the O-line until the end. Think we should draft a RB before round 4 or 5.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with CB, WR and DE as our top 3 needs but O-line #5 and RB #8 I disagree with. Even if we lose Iupati I dont feel wee need to draft a player on the O-line until the end. Think we should draft a RB before round 4 or 5.

Im a fan of drafting a RB almost every year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I wouldn't force a pick at OL, but if the value is there, we need a swing tackle and depth on the interior. Martin was something of a disaster at RT last year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FROM ESPN,

Nice break from all the Harbaugh stuff. Not a college football guy so I don't know anything about the guys below

A closer look at the areas the San Francisco 49ers could address in the draft. We'll continue today with a look at the wide receivers, who are scheduled to work out Saturday in Indianapolis.

2015 NFL DRAFT

Round 1: April 30, time TBA
Rds. 2-3: May 1, TBA
Rds. 4-7: May 2, TBA
Where: Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University, Chicago

Scouting combine:
Feb. 17-23

NFL draft home page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2015 NFL draft Rd. 1 order
• Mel Kiper Jr.: Mock 2.0
• Todd McShay: Mock 2.0
• Todd McShay's Top 32
• Mel Kiper Jr.'s Big Board
• Top 10 NFL prospects by position
• NFL draft player rankings

Position of need: Even if Michael Crabtree were to re-sign with the 49ers as a free agent, receiver would still be a position of need for the 49ers, what with Crabtree falling off so precipitously as a deep threat last season. Crabtree, who has battled Achilles’ and foot issues, averaged a career-low 10.3 yards per catch in 2014 after entering the season averaging 12.9 yards. So yeah, the 49ers still need a young speedster who can take the top off a defense.

Three players the 49ers could target in the draft:

Kevin White (WR), West Virginia: The 6-foot-3, 210-pound White might not be the speedster who would make scouts salivate at his quickness, but think a younger, faster Anquan Boldin, and you see why he would make sense for the 49ers. Besides, White did average 13.3 yards per reception last season while catching 109 passes for 1,447 yards and 10 touchdowns for the Mountaineers. He had seven catches for 129 yards and a TD in their 45-37 loss to Texas A&M in the Liberty Bowl. His route-running improved, so that is also a plus for him.

Devin Smith (WR), Ohio State: Now we’re talking speed, if a little undersized at 6-feet-1, 199 pounds. Yes, Smith has drawn comparisons to DeSean Jackson with his skill set, for what it’s worth. Look, Smith averaged 28.2 yards per catch last season for the national champion Buckeyes in catching 33 passes for 931 yards and 12 TDs, and he is fearless in running routes underneath, but he is extremely raw.

Devin Funchess (WR), Michigan: At 6-feet-5, 230 pounds, many see Funchess being converted to tight end in the NFL. And if Vernon Davis cannot turn his fortunes around next season, perhaps that is indeed Funchess' future with the 49ers, though his size and hops make him more of an attractive red-zone target than a deep threat. Alas, the 49ers need help inside their opponents’ 20-yard line, and Funchess, who caught 62 passes for 733 yards and four TDs, could conceivably help there.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article10674881.html

yes, it is obvious we need speed at WR. What I wanted to comment on was just don't look at speed alone, do draft a WR who can also track the ball well, time his leap well, catch well, etc..

ie we need a complete starting WR, not just a downfield threat.
You're right we need DGB. 2nd rounded need the best corner available Rollins, Peters? 3rd we should look at dline. 4th should be another wr/kr guy and David Johnson rb from NIU

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted us to get Kevin White, but I'm pretty sure his 4.35 40 just pushed him out of our draft range. There are 5 guys I'd be ok with at WR and we'll get at least one.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted us to get Kevin White, but I'm pretty sure his 4.35 40 just pushed him out of our draft range. There are 5 guys I'd be ok with at WR and we'll get at least one.
Yeah we have no shot. Looks like he will get drafted ahead of Cooper. I really want the 49ers to move up to 9 so they can have options. Got to move ahead of Minn and Rams and Browns. All 3 might draft WRs. Giants need to add picks because they need more then 1 player. I mean if White goes before Cooper, Cooper might be there at 9 then.
Players I want to see with the 1st pick is, White, Cooper, Parker, DGB, Waynes, Peters, Armstead, Bealsey or Brown. I like strong but would move back for him. Same for CB Williams. Some players I like in the 2nd rd move up would be Dorsett, Jones, Bennett, Yeldon and Darby. If Funchess falls to the 2nd he would be a nice player to pick who can be that pass catching TE for us.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liking Sammie Coats as a late 1st rd pick if we move back. Sleeper 1st rd pick.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we have no shot. Looks like he will get drafted ahead of Cooper. I really want the 49ers to move up to 9 so they can have options. Got to move ahead of Minn and Rams and Browns. All 3 might draft WRs. Giants need to add picks because they need more then 1 player. I mean if White goes before Cooper, Cooper might be there at 9 then.
Players I want to see with the 1st pick is, White, Cooper, Parker, DGB, Waynes, Peters, Armstead, Bealsey or Brown. I like strong but would move back for him. Same for CB Williams. Some players I like in the 2nd rd move up would be Dorsett, Jones, Bennett, Yeldon and Darby. If Funchess falls to the 2nd he would be a nice player to pick who can be that pass catching TE for us.

After watching White today he should be the #1 WR off the board and prolly gets drafted by the Raiders. If the Titans dont want Mariota maybe they will be looking to trade down and we could make a trade to the #2 pick to draft White. Parker also looked really good today. Strong has really good hands and ran faster than I thought he would. I was disappointed in Crowders time but I guess he is quicker than he is fast. Dorsett ran a great 40 and showed pretty good hands. A few names jumped out at me during the draft either with their 40 times, vertical jump or size. First JJ Nelson from UAB who ran a 4.28 and could be a PR/KR player for us and also be a slot WR. Also this Chris Conley guy from Georgia. He ran a 4.35 40 yard dash, had the best vertical with 45 inches and had the best broad jump of 11 feet 7 inches. Two other names I like in the mid-late rounds are Tyler Lockett and Darren Waller. Waller is a 6'6 WR from GT and would be a big project. But if he is still available in the late rounds he might be worth the risk. Sammie Coates had a good day but the one knock on him is his hands. He dropped some passes today and has dropped pass at key moments during games.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching White today he should be the #1 WR off the board and prolly gets drafted by the Raiders. If the Titans dont want Mariota maybe they will be looking to trade down and we could make a trade to the #2 pick to draft White. Parker also looked really good today. Strong has really good hands and ran faster than I thought he would. I was disappointed in Crowders time but I guess he is quicker than he is fast. Dorsett ran a great 40 and showed pretty good hands. A few names jumped out at me during the draft either with their 40 times, vertical jump or size. First JJ Nelson from UAB who ran a 4.28 and could be a PR/KR player for us and also be a slot WR. Also this Chris Conley guy from Georgia. He ran a 4.35 40 yard dash, had the best vertical with 45 inches and had the best broad jump of 11 feet 7 inches. Two other names I like in the mid-late rounds are Tyler Lockett and Darren Waller. Waller is a 6'6 WR from GT and would be a big project. But if he is still available in the late rounds he might be worth the risk. Sammie Coates had a good day but the one knock on him is his hands. He dropped some passes today and has dropped pass at key moments during games.
Another sleeper pick is Perriman. He didn't run because of injury but the kid has good size and good speed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah last year My WR crush was Evans and Beckham Jr and this year is DGB and White. To be honest I like all 4 WRs. White, Cooper, DGB and Parker.