• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL Combine Thread

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting you say that, because they mirrored him and Bell( steelers RB) and Gordan was a bit faster. These 40dash time, don't count for much.

I think they are going to rely on different things to be successful. I expect different things from a brawler like Lynch to a guy like Gordon. Gordon is still plenty fast to cause a lot of damage. The 40 time just doesn't blow your socks off like some people thought he might.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally i could care less.......as long as hes faster than peyton manning

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholar has the same hand size, weight, and height as Maclin out of college? Well, that's interesting. Similar 40 times, too.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like White might jump Cooper.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are going to rely on different things to be successful. I expect different things from a brawler like Lynch to a guy like Gordon. Gordon is still plenty fast to cause a lot of damage. The 40 time just doesn't blow your socks off like some people thought he might.

I think people are figuring out that Gordon's tape matches up with his 40 time in he isn't quite the burner like that of Jamaal Charles (player he keeps getting compared to). His best skill is his ability to get from 0 to top speed in a hurry and make people miss. In the open field though he can be caught as he had a couple of break away runs where he got caught from behind. That doesn't happen to a guy like Charles.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony mandarich was overheard telling these kids just how important the combine really is. Tom Brady agreed.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are figuring out that Gordon's tape matches up with his 40 time in he isn't quite the burner like that of Jamaal Charles (player he keeps getting compared to). His best skill is his ability to get from 0 to top speed in a hurry and make people miss. In the open field though he can be caught as he had a couple of break away runs where he got caught from behind. That doesn't happen to a guy like Charles.

sounds similar to duke johnson and abdullah

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another derp

for every 1 bust you name, theres 20 success stories from the combine

it's overrated and you all know it. is it important? yes.

is it a reflection of just how bored we are without actual football? yes

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it may be, but to cherry pick a few names out of the hundreds of success stories, well you could of trolled better, D- for humor, D for trolling

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it may be, but to cherry pick a few names out of the hundreds of success stories, well you could of trolled better, D- for humor, D for trolling

wow. dig your panties out dude. relax, it's Saturday night.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say it is important for a few reasons...Let's start with the teams

This is a chance more than anything for two major things to happen. The first being they get to medically examine these kids with their own doctors. I'm pretty sure it was at the combine that I can't remember his name but some kid that was supposed to go 1st or 2nd overall in the 2011 draft ended up needing microfracture surgery on his knee and dropped him to the 2nd round. The next is that the coaches/GM's/Owners or whoever else finally get to meet these kids face to face and actually interview them. You can only learn so much from the tape.

For us fans it is a chance to actually get to know some of the lesser known prospects. We all know the Mariotas as they are talked about non-stop but this is the chance to actually dig a bit deeper and know some of the names that will be going later in the draft. For guys like me who love the draft and looking into all of these players and actually watching full games of their college days the combine does help weed some of the guys out a bit. Too many players to watch obviously so gives guys like me a chance to maybe pick 15-20 of them to check out in greater detail.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. carry on with the combine.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right that if this was any other time in the year we probably could care less but because we are needing our NFL fix the combine is hyped up beyond what it should be. Heck just like 10 years ago this thing was hardly televised and hardly anybody even watched it. Now they are talking about selling tickets to the thing. Can't see GM's and coaches being too happy about that as they all have their favorite seats in the stands and if fans are sitting next to them they would really struggle to get anything productive done. Although Reggie McKenzie did fall asleep today at it so not sure how much they really get out of it either sitting in the stands.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like White might jump Cooper.
My guess is the WR order will be:

1. White
2. Cooper
3. Parker
4a. DGB
4b. Strong

But only like 5 teams would probably even draft DGB. The Rams are one of them so DGBs floor in Rd2 when the Rams pick ala Janoris Jenkins.