• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Gold Cup

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a huge setback loss but expected considering how we've played.

US soccer still middling when we can't win the Gold Cup on our home soil. We just aren't there yet.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team should be embarrassed. Yes, some of the CONCACAF teams are getting better, but there's still no reason why the US (and Mexico) shouldn't be in the Finals every time the Gold Cup is held. If we play like we're capable of, that bar is reached rather easily. What's funny is I thought the team played its best game of the tournament but lost on those two goals off some VERY stupid plays.

The free kick goal was just a stupid brainfart by Guzan. On the day Howard announced he's ready to come back, Guzan left the door wideass open for his return. But that first goal? WTF! It was a fucking throw in and there's like four US players surrounding one Jamaican player yet every damn US player has his feet planted on the ground just watching the ball come in. How the hell do you even let the Jamaican player touch it? Guzan was sort of stuck in no man's land, sure, but that ball never should have been a threat to him. It should have easily been deflected out of the box.

I didn't like attacking the Jamacian goalie directly so much in the 2nd half either. He proved he was pretty shaky. Move the ball around and get him out of position. Instead, we bombed several shots right at him. Sure, he bobbled some, but there were guys open for better shots with an extra pass (really that's been there all tournament).

Terrible loss. At least we still have the playoff for Confederations

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team should be embarrassed. Yes, some of the CONCACAF teams are getting better, but there's still no reason why the US (and Mexico) shouldn't be in the Finals every time the Gold Cup is held. If we play like we're capable of, that bar is reached rather easily. What's funny is I thought the team played its best game of the tournament but lost on those two goals off some VERY stupid plays.

The free kick goal was just a stupid brainfart by Guzan. On the day Howard announced he's ready to come back, Guzan left the door wideass open for his return. But that first goal? WTF! It was a fucking throw in and there's like four US players surrounding one Jamaican player yet every damn US player has his feet planted on the ground just watching the ball come in. How the hell do you even let the Jamaican player touch it? Guzan was sort of stuck in no man's land, sure, but that ball never should have been a threat to him. It should have easily been deflected out of the box.

I didn't like attacking the Jamacian goalie directly so much in the 2nd half either. He proved he was pretty shaky. Move the ball around and get him out of position. Instead, we bombed several shots right at him. Sure, he bobbled some, but there were guys open for better shots with an extra pass (really that's been there all tournament).

Terrible loss. At least we still have the playoff for Confederations
Well said... Curious to here Klinsman thoughts.

This is awful for US soccer.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already sick of Klinsman, if we're being honest.

I hope this is a joke.

Sure Gold Cup was a pretty terrible showing, but let's not forget where we're at now. 26 straight without a loss on US soil, recent wins over Germany and the Netherlands... US soccer isn't in bad shape.

That being said, I do question some of the tactics. I've made it clear that I'm not a fan of Jozy, and I have no idea why Beckerman was getting all of the minutes instead of Mix. We're clearly figuring out the backline, and Germaine Jones getting hurt turned out to be a much bigger deal than I would have originally guessed.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is a joke.

Sure Gold Cup was a pretty terrible showing, but let's not forget where we're at now. 26 straight without a loss on US soil, recent wins over Germany and the Netherlands... US soccer isn't in bad shape.

That being said, I do question some of the tactics. I've made it clear that I'm not a fan of Jozy, and I have no idea why Beckerman was getting all of the minutes instead of Mix. We're clearly figuring out the backline, and Germaine Jones getting hurt turned out to be a much bigger deal than I would have originally guessed.
I'm sick of the tactics of his, not him overall as a coach.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs just handed Mexico the game

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, the Mexicans trashing the field again. Man I really hate their fans.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At best it was yellow and you could have debate that on the Panama side if the yellow was handed out for that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panama guy went up in the air for a ball and his hand accidentally caught a Mexican in the face.