• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Gold Cup Thread

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, so frustrating. MEX is a great team, but US had so many more chances, just no execution. This one stings, but at least the ladies crushed it earlier. I think the men still have some years before we're an international force.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Altidore miss on what should have been an easy goal of course comes back to hunt us.

So freaking trash.

You can't miss a shot like that.....ever

It sucks bad but we should’ve finished two more opportunities at least. It just wasn’t our night.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is he’s not a #6.

We have a lot of #2’s on the team including the coach

poop-emoji-frown-300x300.png

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that sucked!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave this game away. Squandered so many opportunities, especially in the 1st half

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley sucks. How many giveaways has he had especially in 2nd half?

He's old and has sucked for years, yet he constantly keeps getting all the starts. I refuse to believe we don't have anyone better. If that's true, we're a lot worse off than I thought

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's old and has sucked for years, yet he constantly keeps getting all the starts. I refuse to believe we don't have anyone better. If that's true, we're a lot worse off than I thought

Fricking slow too and pannicky in the 2nd half. When Martino moved Pizzaro to the other side away from Cannon that is when things rolling for Mexico.

Also McKennie, not good with giveaways. McKennie has miles to go to be anywhere near Pulisic. I look at Schalke. Goretzka last year at midfield they finish second in Bundesliga. This year with him gone barely survive relegation. McKennie had not much impact there, and not much here either except for a goal or two laid on a platter by someone else.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burhalter never able to adjust to pressuring the backs in any game. Couldn't get out to Pulisic or center foward enough. That was the Achilles Heal. Was it the players or coach. Maybe both. Bradley coming back to help most the time didnt help either.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the unforgivable miss Jozy has been great so far. They can’t handle him.

wow!

We played well enough to win.

Especially in the first half. But we needed to chill out just a bit. Way too frantic a pace to keep that up the entire game.

And, IMHO, -please don't hate me or shout out me- Pulisic needs to be less selfish.
I've seen just about every minute of this Cup and he's been great. But he's been stubborn too. He's ran the ball into way too many opponent's ankles when he could have dished to his support. That last run was a perfect example.

I know you want a guy like that who can take his team on his back and make things happen. You also need that guy to know when it's time to spread the ball around.

I'm not comparing him to Messi but that is what Messi does. His assists are as good as, or even better, than his goals.

Again just my HMO.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is he continously being used? I'm convinced now it's just because of his name

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is he continously being used? I'm convinced now it's just because of his name

Making sense of US Soccer decisions is an exercise in futility. My only guesses are its a combo of his name and MLS connections. I actually don't mind if he was on the 23, but there's no way he should be starting every game. There has to be younger guys out there better. The U teams have been doing fairly well in their games so you'd think there would be some midfielders there ready to play on the main team. I'd rather go full youth movement to pair with Pulisic and McKennie, let everyone get their bumps and growing pains out of the way now, than keep older players like Bradley around.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not gnashing my teeth over last night. They came into the game with a 5 game winning streak. They played tough and well enough to win. Just got a bit unlucky on closing their chances. Happens. Mexico deserved to win, but the USA could have easily won too. On to the next challenge! I am looking forward to the game @ Canada on 10/15!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making sense of US Soccer decisions is an exercise in futility. My only guesses are its a combo of his name and MLS connections. I actually don't mind if he was on the 23, but there's no way he should be starting every game. There has to be younger guys out there better. The U teams have been doing fairly well in their games so you'd think there would be some midfielders there ready to play on the main team. I'd rather go full youth movement to pair with Pulisic and McKennie, let everyone get their bumps and growing pains out of the way now, than keep older players like Bradley around.

He needs to play the role of Lloyd and come off the bench and that's it. Granted I think Carli could start (if we compared the two) but he really shouldn't be starting