• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Entry Draft Thread

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I dunno... its actually not that bad a deal for dallas. I thought nemo might command more, but the term and dollars are reasonable. To be honest, I woulda been OK with that for the sharks. Strange though that they have over 10M dedicated to goalies for the next 3 years. I guess they figure if one of nemo or Lehtonen emerge as the #1, then they can potentially trade the other. Seems like dumb cap management.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not interested in anyone mentioned except Rask and Gibson. If Wilson is going to hit the UFA market for dmen then he should be targeting Fanson and Sekera. Personally I don't want to see him do much of anything. Let the kids play and take their lumps and keep moving towards the future.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dunno... its actually not that bad a deal for dallas. I thought nemo might command more, but the term and dollars are reasonable. To be honest, I woulda been OK with that for the sharks. Strange though that they have over 10M dedicated to goalies for the next 3 years. I guess they figure if one of nemo or Lehtonen emerge as the #1, then they can potentially trade the other. Seems like dumb cap management.

I think 10 million tied up in two goalies that arent exactlly world class is a lot of dead cap space, but thats good for the sharks one less team with money to dish out on free agents

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Nabby will come out of retirement.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dillion signed 5 years 15.9 mill not horrible annual cap hit if he pans out if not its a tradeable contract

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
dillon deal is OK. 3M or so per is fine. However, he pretty much sucked last year, so he better get a whole lot better to make that anywhere near worth it. He was a huge minus, penalty machine, but I suppose at just 24, he should (in theory) be on the upswing and if he develops well, it could be a great deal. Dougie has done a solid job signing D based on potential (Braun, Pickles as examples), so he obviously sees something he likes in dillon. It also gives some cap certainty going forward too. Now they just have to add at least one top 4 Dman and they might approach the playoffs next year...

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
dillon deal is OK. 3M or so per is fine. However, he pretty much sucked last year, so he better get a whole lot better to make that anywhere near worth it. He was a huge minus, penalty machine, but I suppose at just 24, he should (in theory) be on the upswing and if he develops well, it could be a great deal. Dougie has done a solid job signing D based on potential (Braun, Pickles as examples), so he obviously sees something he likes in dillon. It also gives some cap certainty going forward too. Now they just have to add at least one top 4 Dman and they might approach the playoffs next year...

I still think they need 2 really good D-Men. Vlasic and Burns are the only guys I consider Top 4 at this point. Maybe Braun can get back there. and maybe guys like Mueller and Roy can eventually develop into that type of player.
I thought Dillon was awful last season. He is young, so like you said, hope he improves.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Abelthauser traded to blues, little confused on that one

I believe Applesauser asked to be traded. He had some issues with the org at the AHL level last year which led to him being lent to Allen in the ECHL.

I still think they need 2 really good D-Men. Vlasic and Burns are the only guys I consider Top 4 at this point. Maybe Braun can get back there. and maybe guys like Mueller and Roy can eventually develop into that type of player.
I thought Dillon was awful last season. He is young, so like you said, hope he improves.

I don't see them needing two dmen. I don't really think they need one. I'd be perfectly fine with them going into next season with pairs of Vlasic-Braun, Burns-Dillon, Mueller-Fedun/Tennyson. If they do add someone like Franson then hopefully that will allow Mueller to spend time in the AHL to start next season and move Dillon down to the 3rd pairing.

I don't think it wise for them to spend money or move assets to try and compete next season. They should keep rotating out the vets for youth until the contracts of Marleau and Thornton have expired. At that point they will be ready to start making moves to compete again.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I believe Applesauser asked to be traded. He had some issues with the org at the AHL level last year which led to him being lent to Allen in the ECHL.

I don't see them needing two dmen. I don't really think they need one. I'd be perfectly fine with them going into next season with pairs of Vlasic-Braun, Burns-Dillon, Mueller-Fedun/Tennyson. If they do add someone like Franson then hopefully that will allow Mueller to spend time in the AHL to start next season and move Dillon down to the 3rd pairing.

I don't think it wise for them to spend money or move assets to try and compete next season. They should keep rotating out the vets for youth until the contracts of Marleau and Thornton have expired. At that point they will be ready to start making moves to compete again.

That D is awful, and would all but gaurantee another lottery pick in my opinion. If they want to just keep letting the vets go, then why waste your two most worthy assets by letting them just play out their contracts into retirement without getting any return? Makes no sense to me if dougie's plan is to full invest in a rebuild to keep those two. Being sorta stuck in the middle will both hurt their draft position and hurt their long term future given the lack of return on assets.

Also, thinking again about the dillon deal, I changed my mind. it sucks. It sucks alot. In fact, Id say it wreaks of a burish, brown, Jon scott like deal. He threw good money at a pugilistic, slow, loser. Dillon has pretty much sucked at every level of his career from juniors to today. His D is terrible. He offer nothing offensively. He takes a ton of penalties, and he's already pushing 25, so I doubt his game will suddenly revolutionize. The sharks were worse with him than without. This is another of the looooong line of throwing money at "tough" guys with minimal skill.

I really hope Im wrong, but I saw nothing last year to convince me otherwise.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh, Vlasuc and Braun are one if the top shut down pairs in the league and they still produced respectably in the offensive zone. If Dillon continues to play as well as he did over the last 15 or so games last year he will be a fine #4. Burns is Burns. Fedun showed he could be a solid bottom pairing Dman last year and if Mueller can take a step forward that pair becomes a productive 3rd pairing. It's a defensive squad that will keep them in the playoff hunt.

Marleau and Thornton won't go unless they request to be traded. At this point the Sharks would just be wasting assets trying to win while they are still here. They are best off trying to coect as many good tout assets as they can and getting them experience at the NHL level.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate that I cant edit from my phone. That would be collect* and young*.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh, Vlasuc and Braun are one if the top shut down pairs in the league and they still produced respectably in the offensive zone. If Dillon continues to play as well as he did over the last 15 or so games last year he will be a fine #4. Burns is Burns. Fedun showed he could be a solid bottom pairing Dman last year and if Mueller can take a step forward that pair becomes a productive 3rd pairing. It's a defensive squad that will keep them in the playoff hunt.

Marleau and Thornton won't go unless they request to be traded. At this point the Sharks would just be wasting assets trying to win while they are still here. They are best off trying to coect as many good tout assets as they can and getting them experience at the NHL level.
Agreed on Dillion he's one of those players that could go either way, become a solid dependable or AHL fodder he seems like he's on the cusp. Im sure Braun will return to form he spent good majority of last season injured

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks picked up Martin Jones from Boston. That's a good pick up. I liked What I saw from Jones in LA.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Friedman also reporting Schwab is out as goalie coach and Johan Hedberg will replace him with Nabby being hired as a consultant.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks picked up Martin Jones from Boston. That's a good pick up. I liked What I saw from Jones in LA.
Decent pick up but I'm not sold on him due to limited action and there's no book on him yet. But low risk high reward situation, he's got good size but huge holes laterally especially 5 hole and 7 hole and that's no Bueno. Nice seeing Hedberg and Nabby are in I think it benefits Stalock greatly large in part that his playing style is similar to nabbys and moose

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Moose was one of Strelows favorites so I'm looking forward to what he can do.

I think Jones was the best young option available this off season but I didn't think the Sharks had a chance at him since he was with LA and was moved to Boston.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks traded their 1st in 2016 and unsigned prospect Sean Kuraly for Jones.