• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-2016 Offseason Thread

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting busted for performance enhancers plays to our favor.......In Davis' case big money means big risks in the eyes of other teams......where did Chen go?:scratch:

And with Oday staying that might help in keeping Davis as well....comments?!

really what he got busted was he didn't get the ok from the league to treat his medical condition . he got it cleared last year and i bet he want ever over look that again . i forget what he has isn't it adhd or something like that . i like davis but when he sucks he is pretty bad to watch .

on chen good bye . i keep seeing where duke is hinting about the ones signing these fa are looking to trade some of their pitching so who is he talking about ? red sox ed rod is the only starter i would want . some teams want some of our minor league guys . walker , trey , scott the lhp 100 mph and also jason garcia . wright and wilson are both close to becoming starters at the major league level . i'm not interested in another sign them to be signing a name like we did with waldo .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we started today with pitching

tilly , waldo , gonzo , gausman and pick one matusz , tj , wilson , wright or pick whoever earns it in the spring . aaa then could be wilson , gamboa , berry , wright and garcia . i think harvey will be at aa to start scott will be at high a with the keys .

bp so far is britton , o'day , givens , brach , bundy of course 2 lhp or a lhp and a longman

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know chen is gone but what team did he sign with?
none yet but he is looking for a 5 year deal . i'm shocked at the o's offering 150m for davis most likely a 6 or 7 year deal which is to long it has some deferred money in it . aj must be mad as hell with the small deal he signed .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well seems davis needs to shit or get off the pot . o's it seems plan b is after upton for rf .

man nolan lf , manny 3rd , aj cf davis 1st , upton rf , trumbo dh , matt c jj short and schoop 2nd . bench hoes , caleb , ryan and carry an extra arm . that would look pretty good to me . i'm sure you couldn't have both upton and davis on our team .

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis' procrastination will cost him money as I see the O's moving on with their $150M. Let's be clear here, I like Davis in B'More however, his agent is looking for another team to offer more and that offer will not come. Give him until EOB today, 4pm EST and move on to Cargo with a trade as his last 2 years are within reason and sign Upton to play LF then go get a #2 tier pitcher to replace Chen.

Lineup would be:
3B: Machado
LF: Upton
CF: Jones
RF: Cargo
1B: Trumbo
C: Weiters
2B: Schoop
DH: Walker
SS: Hardy

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tick...tick....tick...tick....tick...

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule 5 draft today. Orioles (39): Joey Rickard, OF (Rays)

Hard to see them keeping this kid on the MLB all season. Only 24 but never played in the majors. However, he did hit .360 in AAA (104 PA), and .322 in AA (282PA). Not much power though. Guess he'll try to battle Hoes for 4th OF?

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEC. 10: Baltimore has reportedly increased its offer to Davis, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, who hears they may be willing to go as high as $168MM over seven years — a $24MM average annual value. It’s uncertain whether or not the previously reported deferrals are still included in the revamped offer.

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read on MLBTradeRumors that the O's 7 yr/roughly $150M offer to Davis is now off the table, as Davis is seeking 8 years and $200M. As much as I think Davis is awesome, if the O's offer isn't good enough, then the O's need to move on................

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say use that money that was going towards Davis and put it towards Justin Upton, another OF and then a starter or two and still have money left over (to possibly sign Manny to a long term extension).

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say use that money that was going towards Davis and put it towards Justin Upton, another OF and then a starter or two and still have money left over (to possibly sign Manny to a long term extension).

Agreed! I think that Upton could really help the team, as he put up pretty decent numbers last year, despite the fact around half of his games were played at non-hitter-friendly Petco Park. And a couple of solid starters would really be nice! They were also looking at CarGo, but not sure what talent they would have to give up to make that trade happen.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have to keep room open for trey and walker at first . trumbo is a one year thing . i don't want anyone for eight years at that money unless the name is manny . i think the o's are ok with davis or without davis . upton is good friends with aj .

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read on MLBTradeRumors that the O's 7 yr/roughly $150M offer to Davis is now off the table, as Davis is seeking 8 years and $200M. As much as I think Davis is awesome, if the O's offer isn't good enough, then the O's need to move on................

DEC. 10: Baltimore has reportedly increased its offer to Davis, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, who hears they may be willing to go as high as $168MM over seven years — a $24MM average annual value. It’s uncertain whether or not the previously reported deferrals are still included in the revamped offer.

For the amount that this team was planning to spend on Davis, even overpaying for Chen can be more cost-effective from the standpoint of dollars spent per WAR... plus, $168M should be more than enough to get an outfielder and 1-2 starters. I agree that the team should definitely move on from Davis at this point.

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed! I think that Upton could really help the team, as he put up pretty decent numbers last year, despite the fact around half of his games were played at non-hitter-friendly Petco Park. And a couple of solid starters would really be nice! They were also looking at CarGo, but not sure what talent they would have to give up to make that trade happen.

I think to get CarGo, the Rockies will want Gausmann and I doubt that we'd be willing to give him up. Not that I'd mind CarGo but I'd rather grab Justin Upton and maybe try to re-sign Parra. Has anyone heard on what type of deal Upton is wanting?

For the amount that this team was planning to spend on Davis, even overpaying for Chen can be more cost-effective from the standpoint of dollars spent per WAR... plus, $168M should be more than enough to get an outfielder and 1-2 starters. I agree that the team should definitely move on from Davis at this point.

That wouldn't be a bad idea but I think that the incident earlier in the year where Chen had to get moved to Single A for a start to make room for someone else coming back from an injury ticked him off and probably doesn't want to come back because of that. I wouldn't mind trying to get Kazmir and/or Buehrle on a one or two year deals if they'd be interested. I don't know of any other FA pitchers that are out there that we're rumored to be in on and it's not even worth discussing Cueto since he wants a huge contract.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DECEMBER 10, 10:37pm: Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun (Twitter links) has more details. O’Day will earn $5MM in 2016, $6MM in 2017, and $8MM apiece in 2018 and 2019. He’ll then take home $1MM annually for each of the next four years (though obviously won’t be obligated to play for the team in that stretch).

The no-trade clause allows him to designate seven clubs per season, though Connolly notes that he stands to reach ten-and-five rights during 2018.

8:35pm: The deal is “official,” Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com tweets, though it has yet to be announced by the club. $1MM of O’Day’s salary each year will be deferred, per the report.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DECEMBER 10, 10:37pm: Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun (Twitter links) has more details. O’Day will earn $5MM in 2016, $6MM in 2017, and $8MM apiece in 2018 and 2019. He’ll then take home $1MM annually for each of the next four years (though obviously won’t be obligated to play for the team in that stretch).

The no-trade clause allows him to designate seven clubs per season, though Connolly notes that he stands to reach ten-and-five rights during 2018.

8:35pm: The deal is “official,” Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com tweets, though it has yet to be announced by the club. $1MM of O’Day’s salary each year will be deferred, per the report.

to me defering millions of dollars when you may not be a player anymore is smart for the ball player . a hidden nest egg if you will for 4 years .

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Haywerd signs with the Cubs for 8 years 183 Million.

You would thing this hurts what Chris Davis would get. Heyward is 26 Davis will be 30 before the season. Heyward plays better defense, speed and better average while Davis of course hits more homers.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey anyone else catch that the o's top 10 mil players are
bundy , harvey , sisco C , reyes at 18 2 plus tools power and arm 3rd baseman , givens
6th lhp chris lee mid 90's , mountcastle (cruz pick ) 18 yo shortstop a scout says he has a bat for the middle of the order one day , wow 8th trey mancini 9th dj stewart having to learn to get out of that crouch and 10th mike wright which i'm higher on wilson .

ones left last year top 10 was walker 3rd , alvarez 5th ,9davies 6th trade) ,tim berry 8th, and yaz no.9