• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-2016 Off Season Thread

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it made a little bit of sense pre Nelson Cruz. But it seems counter productive now especially having a qualifying offer tied to him.

Agreed. Now go get the horses (the thoroughbred type and not the clydesdales).

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it made a little bit of sense pre Nelson Cruz. But it seems counter productive now especially having a qualifying offer tied to him.

My issue has always been that Upton is the exact type of player that stuggles in Seattle. Midling power, not great getting on base and strikes out a lot.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Sports' Jon Heyman hears that the winning bid for Byung-ho Park was not posted by the Mets, Yankees, Dodgers or Angels.

Heyman also lists the Padres and Indians, although those teams had already been ruled out by previous reports. Additionally, the Cardinals, Red Sox, Rangers, A's and Orioles reportedly did not submit the winning bit for Park. We'll find out Monday who made the $12.8 million bid on Park, although it's possible the unknown team will be leaked before then.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Sports' Jon Heyman hears that the winning bid for Byung-ho Park was not posted by the Mets, Yankees, Dodgers or Angels.

Heyman also lists the Padres and Indians, although those teams had already been ruled out by previous reports. Additionally, the Cardinals, Red Sox, Rangers, A's and Orioles reportedly did not submit the winning bit for Park. We'll find out Monday who made the $12.8 million bid on Park, although it's possible the unknown team will be leaked before then.
Very interesting. If indeed the M's are in on this it has the potential to really adjust the roster and almost assures that more trades are to be made.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in;

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 42s42 seconds ago

Mariners didn't bid on byung-ho park as they have trumbo for 1B. They see marte/taylor manning SS, seek C, CF, SP, RP help
It makes sense if the plan to go into the season was Trumbo at 1B, which I don't have a problem with that. I am wondering who they are looking at for a C. It is a thin position.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense if the plan to go into the season was Trumbo at 1B, which I don't have a problem with that. I am wondering who they are looking at for a C. It is a thin position.

But will Trumbo be on the team? $9M arb guy and was already traded by same GM less than 6 months ago.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But will Trumbo be on the team? $9M arb guy and was already traded by same GM less than 6 months ago.
That is the question! personally I kinda think he will be, at least for the first half of the season. Trumbo being around $9M would make him the cheaper option than the Korean right?
Reason I think Trumbo could be the plan initially is I don't know we can do much better via a trade, our other internal options are question marks being Montero and not much else for next season maybe a dark horse Ji-Man Choi and FA for a solid option would be pretty expensive.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the question! personally I kinda think he will be, at least for the first half of the season. Trumbo being around $9M would make him the cheaper option than the Korean right?
Reason I think Trumbo could be the plan initially is I don't know we can do much better via a trade, our other internal options are question marks being Montero and not much else for next season maybe a dark horse Ji-Man Choi and FA for a solid option would be pretty expensive.

Hard to say what is out there. Choi isn't an option since he is now a free agent.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 5h5 hours ago

Sources: Manny Acta will be the new third base coach for the Seattle Mariners.

The Mariners would not confirm Olney’s report, but he’s rarely wrong. Acta is a former manager of the Nationals (2006-2009) and Indians (2010-2012) and has extensive experience coaching at third base with the Mets and before that the Expos.

Besides his extensive experience, Acta had been considered one of the more forward-thinking managers and coaches, embracing advanced analytics in their earlier stages and implementing them into his decisions.

He’s a native of San Pedro De Macoris in the Dominican Republic — the same hometown as Robinson Cano. Acta also managed the 2006 Dominican Republic team in the World Baseball Classic. Cano and Acta are friends, working in numerous camps in their hometown and other charitable endeavors, including Acta’s celebrity bowling tournament in years past.

With a large contingent of Latino players, including top players like Cano, Nelson Cruz (also a native of the Dominican Republic) and Felix Hernandez, having a Latin American coach on staff is essential for the Mariners or really any team in baseball.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another JDip hiring I'm very happy about.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another JDip hiring I'm very happy about.

Quality people gathered together usually has positive results. I like this move.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't mess with me. I have always been a big fan of his. Gets hurt, but when he plays he makes things happen. Could we trade him this 'Can't Miss' catching prospect who was rated #2 overall prospect just a few years back named Montero?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Yankees are particularly looking for high-end starting pitching that they control for seven years because all of their current starters, except Luis Severino and Adam Warren, can be free agents after either the 2016 or 2017 campaign. The Mariners essentially will not talk about Taijuan Walker. But The Post has learned they would discuss 27-year-old lefty James Paxton, whose delivery has reminded folks of Andy Pettitte. Paxton was among the pitchers the Yankees were looking at more intensely late in the season and now in the Arizona Fall League under the belief they could become available in the offseason.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been talking this guy for months: