• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-2016 Off Season Thread

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you vote for the Mariners offseason? What grade did you give em?
I gave them a C. But in my opinion they are in the C+/B- range. I don't think the team improved much, I think there were too many lateral moves. However I do think Dipoto has put the team in a position where success is more plausible than any of the Jack Z teams. Not saying its going to happen just that its more plausible.

I also think Dipoto lowered the value of his own players which resulted in him getting lower value back during trades. A lot of his trades didn't add up in my opinion.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave them a C. But in my opinion they are in the C+/B- range. I don't think the team improved much, I think there were too many lateral moves. However I do think Dipoto has put the team in a position where success is more plausible than any of the Jack Z teams. Not saying its going to happen just that its more plausible.

I also think Dipoto lowered the value of his own players which resulted in him getting lower value back during trades. A lot of his trades didn't add up in my opinion.

I agree... I would give them a -B as well, mainly due to the fact that they cleaned house with the guys that were holding the team back imo like, B. Miller, D. Ackley, L. Morrison, moving Zunino down to triple A for the year, etc... I like the moves he made, while I don't think we're that much better, I think the players around one another will compliment one another much better than last year... For one, we won't be any worse with RISP... If we can improve in that area, I expect us to be at least a .500 all club...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... I would give them a -B as well, mainly due to the fact that they cleaned house with the guys that were holding the team back imo like, B. Miller, D. Ackley, L. Morrison, moving Zunino down to triple A for the year, etc... I like the moves he made, while I don't think we're that much better, I think the players around one another will compliment one another much better than last year... For one, we won't be any worse with RISP... If we can improve in that area, I expect us to be at least a .500 all club...
Yeah and really it might be a crap shoot if Iannetta performs any better than Zunino did, he is coming off a pretty bad season. The catching group in its entirety is much better than a Zunino/Sucre combo, much more well rounded going into the season. But I agree Zunino needs AAA if for no other reason than to see if he is too far damaged to become the player we all wanted/expected.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier, one of the best things about the off season is the new staff and coaches.