• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16: Who Will Win - Seahawks @ Rams

Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Rams - Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks win? Tossup. In any case, take the 4.5 pts w/ Rams.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This to me could be one of the toughest games on the Seahawks schedule. They are still trying to figure out the OL which is going against maybe the best DL in all of football. Throw in now knowing good chance Kam is not in this game and Thomas has yet to take a snap in the preseason. Not sure if he is going to play in this one or not haven't looked. So that could be 2 gone from the LOB leaving only the one. I went with St. Louis in this one but Seattle is going to be a tough win for anybody this year. St. Louis is going to have to play a flawless game to make it happen.

Rams Oline has big issues as well.

Seahawks win by 3-10 points.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams Oline has big issues as well.

Seahawks win by 3-10 points.

OH I agree. It is why the game should be close with a very low scoring defensive battle. I honestly am picking the Rams because of this being a home game for them.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH I agree. It is why the game should be close with a very low scoring defensive battle. I honestly am picking the Rams because of this being a home game for them.

I'm taking the Seahawks because even though the Rams have a very good Dline, they don't have much else.

Offense? Seahawks got Wilson, Lynch, Jackson, Graham, Lockett, Baldwin, etc....

The Rams offense will be starting a new QB and lots of meh for weapons.

Starting your season on the road is always a challenge, but unless the Seahawks O massively lays an egg in the 1st half, I see this game as very winnable by the Hawks.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Oline is just so young and RAW. No idea if we can do anything on offense. I know Wilson and Lynch and Graham can. Question marks in both secondaries. STL at home and that defense is looking pretty nasty.

I am going with a tie 2-2 :lol:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking the Seahawks because even though the Rams have a very good Dline, they don't have much else.

Offense? Seahawks got Wilson, Lynch, Jackson, Graham, Lockett, Baldwin, etc....

The Rams offense will be starting a new QB and lots of meh for weapons.

Starting your season on the road is always a challenge, but unless the Seahawks O massively lays an egg in the 1st half, I see this game as very winnable by the Hawks.

I wouldn't say they don't have some weapons. Tavon Austin has proven more in his career than Lockett at this point. I don't think you can claim Lockett as a weapon until he actually does it in a game that matters. I would also say that Foles while not top-10 as a QB is better than most anything St. Louis has put out at the position in the past few years yet they still have given the Hawks lots of problems especially in St. Louis. Tre Mason while not Lynch still had a pretty darn good rookie year and should have a better 2nd year.

Talent wise yes Seattle is better. I don't think anybody could argue that. Being on the road though for Seattle where they haven't been as good as at home plus the strengths of the Rams lines up well with the weaknesses of the Seahawks gives them a good shot. Now please understand I have said this a few times now in it would not surprise me to see the Seahawks win or even win big in this one. I am picking St. Louis though as just have a feeling that Wilson is going to get rattled early in this game and make a mistake or two that is the difference of the game. It is just a gut feeling.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Rams fan, and a fan of a team coached by the notoriously slow-starting Jeff Fisher, I urge you to reconsider betting on the Rams...

I hope I'm wrong, but history is on my side.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say they don't have some weapons. Tavon Austin has proven more in his career than Lockett at this point. I don't think you can claim Lockett as a weapon until he actually does it in a game that matters. I would also say that Foles while not top-10 as a QB is better than most anything St. Louis has put out at the position in the past few years yet they still have given the Hawks lots of problems especially in St. Louis. Tre Mason while not Lynch still had a pretty darn good rookie year and should have a better 2nd year.

Talent wise yes Seattle is better. I don't think anybody could argue that. Being on the road though for Seattle where they haven't been as good as at home plus the strengths of the Rams lines up well with the weaknesses of the Seahawks gives them a good shot. Now please understand I have said this a few times now in it would not surprise me to see the Seahawks win or even win big in this one. I am picking St. Louis though as just have a feeling that Wilson is going to get rattled early in this game and make a mistake or two that is the difference of the game. It is just a gut feeling.

I think a Rams prediction isn't outrageous. I would challenge your claim that Tavon Austin has proven anything. 70 catches for 660 yards and 4 TDs over 2 seasons isn't exactly proving much.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a Rams prediction isn't outrageous. I would challenge your claim that Tavon Austin has proven anything. 70 catches for 660 yards and 4 TDs over 2 seasons isn't exactly proving much.

I just figured if the Seahawks poster can include Lockett then the Rams should be able to include Austin because that is more based on potential than actual production on the field. I mean even though Austin didn't produce but average results as a WR he still was one of the top punt returners in the league last year. That is essentially what the Seahawks are hoping that Lockett will be. At least Austin has already shown in regular season games that he is one of the top for that position. I would also add that while Austin hasn't put up huge numbers as a receiver he also has had one of the worst QB situations in the entire league since he came into the league. If Foles can stay healthy I could see Austin surprising some people with a break out year as a receiver.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Food for thought:
Last year Seattle lost their game on the road to the Rams, however they dominated the stats on offense/defense. It was 3 special teams plays that lost them the game. The infamous fake punt and trick play among them.

Those plays matter and it's still a win. The point is Seattle played just fine on offense and defense and otherwise would have won if not for special teams. Their special teams was a huge emphasis in the off season and was entirely revamped in the preseason. Not just Lockett as a return man, but the coverage as well. This shouldn't be the same weakness as last year.

Just something to look for in this game. It should be a fairly low scoring game as is, but if it's Seattle getting the special teams bounces this time it could/should be enough to tip that tide in their favor.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Food for thought:
Last year Seattle lost their game on the road to the Rams, however they dominated the stats on offense/defense. It was 3 special teams plays that lost them the game. The infamous fake punt and trick play among them.

Those plays matter and it's still a win. The point is Seattle played just fine on offense and defense and otherwise would have won if not for special teams. Their special teams was a huge emphasis in the off season and was entirely revamped in the preseason. Not just Lockett as a return man, but the coverage as well. This shouldn't be the same weakness as last year.

Just something to look for in this game. It should be a fairly low scoring game as is, but if it's Seattle getting the special teams bounces this time it could/should be enough to tip that tide in their favor.

All good points but that ignores what St. Louis has done to better themselves as well. Such as getting a QB that is not injury prone and gone before the season starts. Instead of having a 3rd string type guy you actually are going against a guy that has shown he deserves to be a starter in this league. You are also missing the part where they were missing one of their best defensive players in Chris Long plus now the addition of Nick Fairley to an already deep DL. Mostly though the huge upgrade at QB could be what makes up the difference of you guys improving your special teams where now the offense can function at a higher level taking advantage of guys like Austin, Quick, Bailey, and Cook.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, I'm not trying to change anyone's views. Pick who you like. All good to me.

As for whatever gains they have had on offense, I can also say Seattle has added substantially to both it's line and secondary on defense as well. That is a freaking scary unit right now. Seattle has their questions on the o line, but added graham and some of their younger kids at WR have been impressive. They too have grown.

I simply said the difference was ST last year and that's something the team addressed. Take it for what you want or not.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, I'm not trying to change anyone's views. Pick who you like. All good to me.

As for whatever gains they have had on offense, I can also say Seattle has added substantially to both it's line and secondary on defense as well. That is a freaking scary unit right now. Seattle has their questions on the o line, but added graham and some of their younger kids at WR have been impressive. They too have grown.

I simply said the difference was ST last year and that's something the team addressed. Take it for what you want or not.

Oh I agree the Seahawks have updated at some spots just like other teams have. I was more just pointing out the other side of the coin. Too often fans can get where they only see the good in their team and the improvements they have made compared to another team. I would argue of whether your secondary is actually better though. You've added but taking away your #2 Corner, #3 Corner is hurt, and your All-Pro SS is holding out. Throw in then Thomas not being 100% and I would argue the secondary is about as weak as it has been in a while. Now yes maybe the new guys step up and everything is fine but they are an unknown at this point. DL wise I do agree that they have updated that group and added some nice pieces. They look much closer to the 2013 group than what was on the field last year.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not seeing the Rams being able to score very much on the Seahawks defense. It's true that with Kam's absence and ET's lack of preparation in the preseason (and a new CB to break in), the Seahawks defense may experience some bit of drop off for this game. But the Seahawks have so much talent throughout the defense at every level, that I don't expect the drop off to be gigantic, especially considering that the Seahawks appear to have a significantly better and deeper D-Line than last year for example. Their pass rush could well prove a lot more formidable, which if so will mitigate the effects of ET's preseason inaction and Kam's absence.

And until I see it on the field, I just don't have confidence that Foles is going to stand up very well against NFCW defenses, especially with such a suspect O-Line. I'm not seeing where the Rams are going to get many points this Sunday.

And although the Rams have a pretty good defense overall, their defense is not as good as the Seahawks defense. Their D-Line has more talent overall; but their back seven in my opinion is decidedly wosre than what the Seahawks field. So for me it comes down to the Seahawks having a better offense than the Rams, and going up against the lesser of the two defenses-- as compared to the Rams throwing a worse offense at the Seahawks better defense.

The Hawks will outscore the Rams in my prediction-- say, 20-10 or 23-10.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points but that ignores what St. Louis has done to better themselves as well. Such as getting a QB that is not injury prone and gone before the season starts.

Nick Foles isn't injury prone?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles isn't injury prone?

I would say not the level that Bradford was. Either way in this game they are not starting a 3rd string QB. They at this time still have their starting QB healthy which to me is a huge upgrade for the position even if Foles is just an average QB.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say not the level that Bradford was. Either way in this game they are not starting a 3rd string QB. They at this time still have their starting QB healthy which to me is a huge upgrade for the position even if Foles is just an average QB.
I agree that Foles brings the promise of playing the position better than their 3rd string QB. It's a valid point. My question about Foles is that he's relatively immobile and does not seem to hold up well or play very effectively under duress. And in the NFCW, especially considering the Rams apparent issues with the O-Line, he's likely to be under a lot of duress a lot of the time.

But it's a brand new point in his career, and he has the opportunity to prove skeptics such as myself wrong.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Foles brings the promise of playing the position better than their 3rd string QB. It's a valid point. My question about Foles is that he's relatively immobile and does not seem to hold up well or play very effectively under duress. And in the NFCW, especially considering the Rams apparent issues with the O-Line, he's likely to be under a lot of duress a lot of the time.

But it's a brand new point in his career, and he has the opportunity to prove skeptics such as myself wrong.

Oh it wouldn't surprise me to see him crumble under the pressure and honestly throw a couple of costly picks really opening up this game. With it being week 1 really anything could happen. We saw last year the Chiefs lose at home to the Titans yet then go out during the season and beat the Seahawks and Patriots. Week 1 is where you just see a lot more upsets as teams are still figuring things out.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree the Seahawks have updated at some spots just like other teams have. I was more just pointing out the other side of the coin. Too often fans can get where they only see the good in their team and the improvements they have made compared to another team. I would argue of whether your secondary is actually better though. You've added but taking away your #2 Corner, #3 Corner is hurt, and your All-Pro SS is holding out. Throw in then Thomas not being 100% and I would argue the secondary is about as weak as it has been in a while. Now yes maybe the new guys step up and everything is fine but they are an unknown at this point. DL wise I do agree that they have updated that group and added some nice pieces. They look much closer to the 2013 group than what was on the field last year.
I meant line backer, not secondary. My fault for trying to post quickly on a short break.

The front 7 for Seattle has actually gotten stronger and more depth. The back end has their questions.

I just meant we added our pieces and both teams should still be tough to score on. It came down to ST last year and I'm looking forward to seeing if what we showed in preseason holds through this game in a much improved corp on both sides of ST.

I hope they try more trick plays and it bites them in the ass. But that's me.