• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Preseason Games Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is for any team in the preseason.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pleiss: Seems slow, heard he's not good at defense, and didn't see much offense.
Whitney: Faster, smoother Pleiss. Better defensively and offensively than Pleiss.
Lyles: Will be better than Pleiss and Whithey, but raw in development and this offense.
Neto: Shorter than Pleiss, Withey, and Lyles. Had a good first game with 6 assists, has gotten better on his shot, but has done little otherwise. Good vision.
Burke: Longer name than Neto but fewer syllables. Still shoots every time but is making more.
Burks: Similar name but one more 's' than Burke. Will make up for Exum's absence.
Hood: Name of a car's, well, hood. Will beinteresting to see his minutes with and in relation to Burks.
Gobert: More French than Ingles. Glad he got rest. Same with resting Hayward.
Booker: Suspended game 1.
Johnson: Sign that we are getting better. He is fighting for his job now instead of the middle of the season.

Why are we playing against the Trailblazers twice in preseason before playing them two times in the first five of the regular season?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pleiss: Seems slow, heard he's not good at defense, and didn't see much offense.
Whitney: Faster, smoother Pleiss. Better defensively and offensively than Pleiss.
Lyles: Will be better than Pleiss and Whithey, but raw in development and this offense.
Neto: Shorter than Pleiss, Withey, and Lyles. Had a good first game with 6 assists, has gotten better on his shot, but has done little otherwise. Good vision.
Burke: Longer name than Neto but fewer syllables. Still shoots every time but is making more.
Burks: Similar name but one more 's' than Burke. Will make up for Exum's absence.
Hood: Name of a car's, well, hood. Will beinteresting to see his minutes with and in relation to Burks.
Johnson: Sign that we are getting better. He is fighting for his job now instead of the middle of the season.

Why are we playing against the Trailblazers twice in preseason before playing them two times in the first five of the regular season?

I didn't enjoy this recap. I guess it's a rare miss from you.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As Larry Bird says, "41 home, 41 away. Dem's the schedule." Simple.

I agree.

It doesn't matter when those 4 games against the Trail Blazers are, out of the 82 games.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

It doesn't matter when those 4 games against the Trail Blazers are, out of the 82 games.

I just thought it was interesting. I'm not a baseball guy, I don't like series in-season.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought it was interesting. I'm not a baseball guy, I don't like series in-season.

Thanks. So you also don't like it when a team is played twice in a row, once each on each team's home floor?

These are the times for this upcoming season:

21 Fri, Dec 11, 2015 9:00p EST Oklahoma City Thunder
22 Sun, Dec 13, 2015 7:00p EST @ Oklahoma City Thunder

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. So you also don't like it when a team is played twice in a row, once each on each team's home floor?

These are the times for this upcoming season:

21 Fri, Dec 11, 2015 9:00p EST Oklahoma City Thunder
22 Sun, Dec 13, 2015 7:00p EST @ Oklahoma City Thunder

At least at this time the games matter. I want to see variety in the preseason, not two Lakers games and two Trailblazers games and then two Portland games at the beginning.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it back. We don't play Portland twice in five games. Oops, I read it wrong months ago and never confirmed. I must have seen the preseason games and the first Portland game and read it incorrectly. My apologies to the NBA, specifically the scheduling department, if any.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least at this time the games matter. I want to see variety in the preseason, not two Lakers games and two Trailblazers games and then two Portland games at the beginning.

Thanks.

I guess they don't want to make teams travel too much.

I wonder if any preseason games are even out of conference, for any team?

Maybe somewhere in the Midwest, or around the Mississippi river, would teams be more likely to play interconference games.

Ok, the Kings played the Pelicans, but it was in Lexington, KY, an Eastern region. So I guess teams do travel across the US, they just might not play an interconference team.

Schedule

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it back. We don't play Portland twice in five games. Oops, I read it wrong months ago and never confirmed. I must have seen the preseason games and the first Portland game and read it incorrectly. My apologies to the NBA, specifically the scheduling department, if any.

Yeah, I wasn't sure what you were looking at when you said twice within 5 games, when I checked this morning.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw in my yearly disclaimer about training camp stories. Don't know if I've posted them on here, before.

I say this every year, but my general philosophy on weight changes and training camp stories is this. Every team has the following stories during training camp, every year (with a few contributed by others):

1) Player A has gained 20 lbs. and is now stronger than an ox! Look how much tougher he is.

2) Player B has lost 25 lbs. and is now faster than a cheetah! Look how quick and agile he is.

3) Player C is shooting 80% on practice 3-point shots! He is going to burn the nets down next year.

4) This is the hardest training camp ever

5) Player X is in the best shape he's been in Y years

6) The whole team is in the best shape ever!

7) Player D is a few pounds heavier than we'd like him to be, but he'll be ready when the season starts.

8) Player E has been working out all summer but just needs to get into game shape.

9) Player F is in game shape but just needs to get his timing back.

Weight changes, however, don't really change how they play the game. If a guy didn't have the post moves before, than he's not going to have them after the weight change. Maybe it will help make things a little easier, but not too much.

Even 3-point shooting, jumper shooting, or FT shooting, is taken with some context. They're in an empty gym with no defender. Or in the FT case, there isn't the pressure of an in-game score.

Now, with some young players, perhaps they didn't play much their first year or two, so conditioning, stamina might play a role, as well as them figuring out where on the floor their game is suited for.

But in general, I'm more interested to read in practicing a skillset or repetition of drills, than to read about weight changes or someone shooting jumpers in an empty gym, especially without a coach.

In general, preseason isn't interesting to me, I just wait for the above storylines to play themselves out. The names may change, but it's all the same, every year, good team or bad.

Here's another variety of a training camp story:

10) The new players on the team have to learn the system, so they can get their timing.