• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my point was just the difference between speculation/opinion and sourced news.

When I first see a headline with "Woj" and "Warriors threat to sign Durant" I immediately start thinking he has some news breaking scoop on something. Some big source or inside knowledge. He's so good at breaking news that its hard not to take it very seriously.

Then I read the article and see that it is nothing more than speculation. Reading into a few quotes here, pointing out a few maybe-coincidences there. Which is exactly what A LOT of sports writing is. So not really a criticism of Woj, just an observation.

Anything written about player movement this summer is going to be nothing more than speculation at this point. We should be seeing some trade speculation soon enough.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DUNCAN is likely out until the end of the month.

But, he was faking?? At least that is what all the media and Golden State fans suggested.

The Spurs don't like great now without him. Those games versus GS and CLE are not really the defense we want.

Hopefully, they can beat the really bad teams on the schedule...and maybe steal a few wins versus good teams.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of that quote here:

"So what I try to do as far as teaching him and also protect him from making mistakes like that, and from getting ridiculed after a game like that," Scott said.

First, D'Angelo is not turning the ball over that much. I realize Byron was responding to Mac's comment, but his per-36 turnover rate is 3.3. He was playing good basketball in January until Byron yanked him late in a recent game because the kid tried to take over and forced a couple of shots. He wasn't embarrassing himself.

Second, there is nothing wrong with him making mistakes right now. It's his rookie season and he's playing the PG position which he never has really played. Let him learn from his mistakes and grow.

Third, the only one ridiculing D'Angelo after games is Byron Scott. It's been a season long trend of negativity. His handling of D'Angelo through the press has been awful. I just don't get it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. He's trying to protect him from embarrassing himself and getting ridiculed because he's worried about it affecting his confidence? Doesn't sound like he thinks very much of D'Angelo and it sounds like coddling to me.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Markieff Morris with 30, 11, 6 and 2 blocks the day after Hornacek gets fired. Ha, nice of him to show up.

DEVIN BOOKER FOR MVP

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe went Kobe last night and saved the Lakers from setting a franchise record for consecutive losses. Had an awesome old guard vs. young gun battle with Andrew Wiggins that was a lot of fun to watch. You could tell they were having a lot of fun with it too. They were talking and laughing with each other the whole time. Would have loved to be able to hear what was being said.

The old guard won the battle last night:

Kobe - 38 points, 10-21 shooting, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals 7-11 from 3 point range and 11-12 free throws.

Wiggins - 30 points, 13-20 shooting, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, 1-2 from 3 point range and 3-6 free throws.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe went Kobe last night and saved the Lakers from setting a franchise record for consecutive losses. Had an awesome old guard vs. young gun battle with Andrew Wiggins that was a lot of fun to watch. You could tell they were having a lot of fun with it too. They were talking and laughing with each other the whole time. Would have loved to be able to hear what was being said.

The old guard won the battle last night:

Kobe - 38 points, 10-21 shooting, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals 7-11 from 3 point range and 11-12 free throws.

Wiggins - 30 points, 13-20 shooting, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, 1-2 from 3 point range and 3-6 free throws.

My favorite postgame comment from Kobe was this

But Bryant downplayed his night, and the praise and surprise surrounding it.

"You've seen it for 20 damn years," he said. "What are you impressed by?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite postgame comment from Kobe was this

But Bryant downplayed his night, and the praise and surprise surrounding it.

"You've seen it for 20 damn years," he said. "What are you impressed by?

:lol: Gotta love Kobe.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious comments from T-Wolves coach Sam Mitchell after last nights game. Comments were made with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Reporter asks about the game:

Mitchell: Kobe just started making shots. Ya know, he just made some tough shots. I hate him.

Reporter: So, good riddance to him?

Mitchell: If I don't ever see him again, it'll be too soon. I hate him.

:lol:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to need Aldridge to do it like that on the offensive end.

The defense is clearly struggling without Timmy here the last 2 weeks.

Might need to outscore a few teams until the all-star break and #21 returns.

It is still average, but it is not close to the elite smothering defense we saw all season.