• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs or Luke Walton would be better options

I agree. But they need to be available to get them. Luke might be. Not sure with Thibs. My guess with Thibs is that the next team that fires their coach will be going after him with big dollars.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows what Luke would really be as a fresh head coach. When he took over from Kerr at the start of the season he was working with Kerrs rotations, systems and plays. Plus it never hurts to have Curry, Klay and Green on your team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows what Luke would really be as a fresh head coach. When he took over from Kerr at the start of the season he was working with Kerrs rotations, systems and plays. Plus it never hurts to have Curry, Klay and Green on your team.

True, but I think we have a pretty good sample size. We also know he's got a very high basketball I.Q.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Kings lose 4 straight and Cousins gets helped off the court with what looked like an ankle injury. Either the Kings are cursed, they always make dumb decisions or both. I'm done believing they'll make the playoffs even in a weak bottom half of the Western Conf. Good luck to Utah, Portland, or NO.....those teams deserve it more. At least San Diego State is playing great basketball...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many rookies missed significant amount of games last year? Randle, Jabari Parker, Marcus Smart and Aaron Gordon are just a few that come to mind. What's wrong with being extra cautious. Play them 28-30 minutes this year, then next year up it to 32-35 minutes. That's what Scott did to Clarkson!

Without benching Randle we would have never given Nance Jr a shot. Or Anthony Brown.

You're right, playing low minutes really would have helped Randle last year.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Byron is a good coach? On a scale of 1-10 what would you rate him?

well, I DID want him to have a crack at the job being that he graduated from my high school and all(yeah yeah, I know that ain't a qualification), but he DID get the Nets to the finals a while back. that said, his past suggests that his act wears thin everywhere he goes...

so on a scale of 1-10 I have him somewhere around 3...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Byron is a good coach? On a scale of 1-10 what would you rate him?

4......How much of his Jersey success was him or J Kidd?

He did some good things with CP3 and Kyrie early on.

But, maaaaaaybe he's more Assistant Coach material, working with individuals, because he kinda blows at X's and O's, player development * outside of PG's*.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance Stephenson is on the Clippers?

Lol

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that was brutal.

The Suns scored just 9 points in the fourth quarter against the Mavs.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But they need to be available to get them. Luke might be. Not sure with Thibs. My guess with Thibs is that the next team that fires their coach will be going after him with big dollars.

Walton & Thibs makes sense.

Another interesting option (only in off-season) is David Blatt.

I think Blatt can coach in this league ... but he would need the right chemistry. (not while Kobe is around)

It will be interesting to see if Blatt has a much stronger personality & asserts himself much more in his next job.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton & Thibs makes sense.

Another interesting option (only in off-season) is David Blatt.

I think Blatt can coach in this league ... but he would need the right chemistry. (not while Kobe is around)

It will be interesting to see if Blatt has a much stronger personality & asserts himself much more in his next job.

Blatt could be interesting, although after sifting through Mike Brown, D'Antoni and now Scott, I think he's a bit too much of an unknown. IF the Lakers fire Scott, I don't think they can afford to whiff on the next coach.

What makes Blatt interesting to me is that having coached in Europe for his whole career, he may some ideas that youngsters like the Lakers have might be open to. That was what was supposed to happen in Cleveland before Lebron returned.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blatt could be interesting, although after sifting through Mike Brown, D'Antoni and now Scott, I think he's a bit too much of an unknown. IF the Lakers fire Scott, I don't think they can afford to whiff on the next coach.

What makes Blatt interesting to me is that having coached in Europe for his whole career, he may some ideas that youngsters like the Lakers have might be open to. That was what was supposed to happen in Cleveland before Lebron returned.

Didn't think about it at the time -- but Blatt to Lakers would be the 3rd Cavs retread coach in a row.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A is the source, so... who knows... but that'd be crazy. How much would that suck for Thunder fans?

Not a chance that happens. One of them maybe! Lakers have a shitload of money to offer and Durant would definitely flourish!

Durant on the Lakers with Randle, Clarkson and Russell, and hopefully a top 3 pick next year and the Lakers make the playoffs again!

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't really blame Scott for how bad it is. The Lakers have 5 young players with next to hardly any NBA experience and their former star is about to retire and banged up most of the time.

This year is about giving Kobe a good send-off and letting the younger guys get experience.

Next season we hopefully keep our pick, get another good player, and have a crap ton of money to throw at free agents.
Yes we can blame him and we SHOULD! This being Kobe's farewell tour is all the more reason to use this as an opportunity to teach the young guys "on the job". Kobe is out there so why not take advantage of his knowledge of the game?
Every time I watch them play and the camera pans on Scott he's always sitting on the bench with his chin in his hand, elbow on his knee. I mean good gawd. How does he expect them to get better without direction? Stand up, call a play, talk to the guys, do something please, other than just sit on the bench with that freaking blank look on his face.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries maybe? As it stands Russell and Randle are both averaging 27 minutes. Scott has already said Russell will be going back in to the starting line up. No doubt they'll be over 30mpg in the second half of the season.

And before the season started there were two good options for the Lakers: Playoffs or lottery. Anything else would be a disappointment. The way I see it we're right on track!
Stop it regarding injuries. They were signed to PLAY. Injuries can happen to ANY player, whether they're expperienced or not.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it regarding injuries. They were signed to PLAY. Injuries can happen to ANY player, whether they're expperienced or not.

Really? :L

Play the young guys 35+ minutes from Game 1 and I guarantee you Russell misses significant games due to injury.

Start them off slow and gradually build them up to 30 min plus and every stat goes up!

And they ARE playing. Averaging pretty much the same minutes as Okafor and KAT.