• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why did you think that? Is it because you noticed an improved roster and also Kobe returning from injury?

I had hoped Russell and Randle would be more NBA-ready. When your team averages 14 turnovers a game though, and games are lost because of said turnovers, would you as head coach still keep those players responsible for those turnovers in the game? Especially close games? Or would you keep a more experienced PG like Williams on the floor in the closing minutes?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Lakers were winning without him and Phil is notorious for not trusting rookies. This was also 20 years ago.

Better than yet another bottom feeding season, would also have shown that Scott isn't completely inept. I'd be happy with the state we are in now if Russell and Randle were not getting benched for every little mistake in a lost season and good players like Bass were never benched for players like Robert Sacre at any point.

So what is Scott supposed to do? Keep Russell and Randle on the floor, let them keep making mistakes and because of that still lose a crap-ton of games?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then get criticized for keeping the rookies on the floor when games are on the line.

So basically you're saying no matter what he does, he will always get criticized?

It's what coaches have done for a while now. I never see coaches criticized for actually developing their talent.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's what coaches have done for a while now. I never see coaches criticized for actually developing their talent.

Of the top 3 picks this year, Okfor is averaging 30 minutes, Towns is averaging 29 minutes and Russell is averaging 27.

Are Sam Mitchell and Brett Brown holding back their rookies too? Because there's not much difference in playing time between those guys.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the top 3 picks this year, Okfor is averaging 30 minutes, Towns is averaging 29 minutes and Russell is averaging 27.

Are Sam Mitchell and Brett Brown holding back their rookies too? Because there's not much difference in playing time between those guys.

They are not contradicting themselves to the media on an almost daily basis and not benching their players when they are making mistakes. Why are you rounding up Russell's minutes and not okafor or towns? Not a good look my friend.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not contradicting themselves to the media on an almost daily basis and not benching their players when they are making mistakes.

When has Scott contradicted himself? And since when are you meant to reward players with extra playing time when they make mistakes?

In which case, why haven't I made it to the WNBA?

Why are you rounding up Russell's minutes and not okafor or towns? Not a good look my friend.

We're talking decimals here. Overall there's less than 4 minutes between all of them. Are you that picky?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has Scott contradicted himself? And since when are you meant to reward players with extra playing time when they make mistakes?

In which case, why haven't I made it to the WNBA?

We're talking decimals here. Overall there's less than 4 minutes between all of them. Are you that picky?

:L

What can I tell you bro, if you honestly think Scott is a good coach then get used to the cellar.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

What can I tell you bro, if you honestly think Scott is a good coach then get used to the cellar.

Scott is a developmental coach. He did so with CP3, Irving and now with Russell.

Not even Phil or Popovic could do well with this roster.

But hey, you know better, don't you? Bro!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you expect guys like Randle and Russell to play 40 minutes a game for 82 games and risk injuring them? How is that going to help them gain experience?

You build them out throughout the season.

^^^This^^^

These guys are coming off of seasons where they play maybe 36 games and their games are 40 minutes long. Playing 35+ minutes as some have suggested, basically means you are asking them to play essentially an 82 game college season in which they never come out of the game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your team averages 14 turnovers a game though, and games are lost because of said turnovers, would you as head coach still keep those players responsible for those turnovers in the game? Especially close games? Or would you keep a more experienced PG like Williams on the floor in the closing minutes?

:lol: According to Outlaw, Byron is not only supposed to keep them in despite said turnovers, he's also not supposed to tell them there's anything wrong with that. It might hurt their feelings. :heh:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: According to Outlaw, Byron is not only supposed to keep them in despite said turnovers, he's also not supposed to tell them there's anything wrong with that. It might hurt their feelings. :heh:

When did I say he's not supposed to tel them there's anything wrong.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was just having a little fun by exaggerating this comment:

It's time to stop worrying about the younger guys making mistakes.

It's never time to stop worrying about mistakes, especially with young guys. When you stop worrying about mistakes, they become habits and even more difficult to break.