• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD with the game winner.
Westbrook with another triple double, 19 REBOUNDS!!!
Curry with 11 threes, 51 points!!!

WTF.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginobili out a month after having surgery to repair a testicular injury...injuries piling up. Not excuse but don't be shocked if they start to struggle even worse vs top teams.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to see how Jonathon Simmons does with extra minutes now. He's more than earned this opportunity.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that Durant is going to sign a 1 year deal- and then be a FA the same year as Westrbrook- giving OKC 2 years more to do it......

but after that- I think if they play well- and win a championship or get to the Finals and have a great series- they will stay....if not...

I could see them going to LA by then.....I dont think Durant and RW would be bad guys if they said- I gave 10 years of my career to OKC - i want a new experience- i could see that----- especially- by THAT time- the Lakers- IF they keep their pick this year- will have a few young building blocks/trade chips- Kobe will be long gone- and if they arent dumb they will still have their cap....Im the first one to shoot shit like this down- but i actually see how this could make sense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as i think Whiteside is mediocre- hes better than Hibbert---- why give up assets for a guy, and then risk winning more games and giving up your pick- to get Whiteside a couple months early.... i dont see how it makes sense....but im not sure that will stop Jimmy....unless you just have to give up very minimal assets i wouldnt do it- if you really want him just pay him in the offseason.- i dont even think you should give up Nance for him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that Durant is going to sign a 1 year deal- and then be a FA the same year as Westrbrook- giving OKC 2 years more to do it......

but after that- I think if they play well- and win a championship or get to the Finals and have a great series- they will stay....if not...

I could see them going to LA by then.....I dont think Durant and RW would be bad guys if they said- I gave 10 years of my career to OKC - i want a new experience- i could see that----- especially- by THAT time- the Lakers- IF they keep their pick this year- will have a few young building blocks/trade chips- Kobe will be long gone- and if they arent dumb they will still have their cap....Im the first one to shoot shit like this down- but i actually see how this could make sense.

Yeah, turnup and I were kicking the Durant idea around a little while ago. There are a couple of possibilities. Your scenario is one of the one's we mentioned. The other is, Durant does like Lebron did. Gets signed by the Lakers (or someone) for a max deal on a 2 year contract with an opt out in year 2. He then opts out and re-signs with the same team for the supermax deal that he'll be eligible for.

There are a lot of different directions things can go at this point. For example, if the Lakers get the #1 pick and draft Simmons, do they really need Durant since they are both SF's? In that case, may be it makes more sense to go after Horford or Whiteside this off-season and then go after Westbrook in 2017.

And as you mention, if this year or next, he feels like they are close to being able to get a title, maybe they both stay. I don't know about Westbrook, but everything I've heard and read about KD says he's happy in OKC.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, turnup and I were kicking the Durant idea around a little while ago. There are a couple of possibilities. Your scenario is one of the one's we mentioned. The other is, Durant does like Lebron did. Gets signed by the Lakers (or someone) for a max deal on a 2 year contract with an opt out in year 2. He then opts out and re-signs with the same team for the supermax deal that he'll be eligible for.

There are a lot of different directions things can go at this point. For example, if the Lakers get the #1 pick and draft Simmons, do they really need Durant since they are both SF's? In that case, may be it makes more sense to go after Horford or Whiteside this off-season and then go after Westbrook in 2017.

And as you mention, if this year or next, he feels like they are close to being able to get a title, maybe they both stay. I don't know about Westbrook, but everything I've heard and read about KD says he's happy in OKC.
2 years from now Randle and Russell are going to be ready to go- (though i really wish youd bring in a guy to develop them- Byron is just not that guy in my opinion but you already know that)- say you stay where you are at and get Ingram.....

Randle/Russeell/Ingram/Durant/Westbrook- TONS of cap space- because by then- the cap (which is 89 this summer - should be 100 i think)....

like i said though- if they are doing there thing in OKC all bets are off- they stay- but if Kanter is not working out- and Ibaka regresses and Donovan is not the guy ( a lot of IFs for sure)- i could see them looking for a new experience.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years from now Randle and Russell are going to be ready to go- (though i really wish youd bring in a guy to develop them- Byron is just not that guy in my opinion but you already know that)- say you stay where you are at and get Ingram.....

Randle/Russeell/Ingram/Durant/Westbrook- TONS of cap space- because by then- the cap (which is 89 this summer - should be 100 i think)....

like i said though- if they are doing there thing in OKC all bets are off- they stay- but if Kanter is not working out- and Ibaka regresses and Donovan is not the guy ( a lot of IFs for sure)- i could see them looking for a new experience.

Assuming those 5 are the starting lineup, who's the center? Durant is tall enough, but too skinny. Randle is strong enough, but not tall enough. I will say though, that would be a pretty tough offensive lineup to beat.

First thing to do though is get through the draft lottery and see if the Lakers get to draft anybody.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginobili out a month after having surgery to repair a testicular injury...injuries piling up. Not excuse but don't be shocked if they start to struggle even worse vs top teams.

Reading that is painful. My guess is he got hit so hard, one went up inside of him. That actually happened to a buddy of mine that played soccer. His dumbass wasn't wearing a cup.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hassan is about to get PAID. Its been a long time coming for him, hopefully he continues to work and improve and earn the money that's coming. I think he will.

absolutely no if's, and's, or maybe's...

that man's about to get paid in FULL...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading that is painful. My guess is he got hit so hard, one went up inside of him. That actually happened to a buddy of mine that played soccer. His dumbass wasn't wearing a cup.

did the same when I was heavy into karate(though I never got 'em knocked up IN me lol). decisions like that USUALLY find a way to boomerang on you...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming those 5 are the starting lineup, who's the center? Durant is tall enough, but too skinny. Randle is strong enough, but not tall enough. I will say though, that would be a pretty tough offensive lineup to beat.

First thing to do though is get through the draft lottery and see if the Lakers get to draft anybody.
you can get any number of centers out there- if there is anything we have seen in the NBA the last few years is that you DEFINITELY do need need a dominant center in order to be good.....you just need a guy like a Bogut, or a Chandler, or a Mozgov,- heck its not like Duncan plays 30 minutes a night and is a "dominant" guy anymore-- something like that- who can matchup against the few centers in the league that are matchup issues....the HEat won their championships with Joel Anthony at center ! lol.....stay versatile.

and if u have both ingram and randle- who knows- maybe some guys become trade chips....

I have heard Clarkson is likely to stay- let me tell you why- his cap hold is really small- the Lakers can DELAY signing him- and have his cap hold at like 3-4 million---- wait until the END of free agency- and then re-up him and go over the cap to do so if that is the case.....because his cap hold is so small- he has value from what i have read.--- its kinda hard to conceptualize- but for the beginning of free agency the Lakers will carry him unsigned for that cap hold- conduct their business- and then use his bird rights to give him the market deal he desires once their business is conducted.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe getting it done again....good for him...Clarkson was slumping there for a while but over the last week or two hes been playing better as well....good thing Ish Smith is DOMINATING for the Sixers, lol......Suns are REAL bad though...they are a threat.