• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember every single time LeBron has come up against the Spurs in the Finals, he's only won once and it was because of Ray Allen.

5 championships to 0. Poetry in fucking motion.

How many titles does Kyrie have again? Oh yeah. 0.

Kyrie was on fire that night. Nobody was going to stop him. Stop acting like you're a true fan of the team. We all know you're just a bandwagon bitch.

and i'm sure he's got a jersey ready for the NEXT team LeBronBron goes title-chasing with...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i ain't gonna lie. i'm starting to wonder about Byron a bit. and i was one of the cats that WANTED him to coach the Lakers...
Byron isnt a good coach in this era. Its passed him by man. You guys need some young innovative blood in the organization SO freaking bad its crazy- at all levels- not just coach but management as well. Lakers analytic s department is a joke around the league ...they think what worked in by-gone eras will still work today andi t just wont.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before Luke Walton is head coach for the Lakers next year....

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had been thinking the same thing about Walton -- natural for the Lakers at some point. I don't think he should be in a hurry -- may be better to join in 2-3 years after they've done more building.

Jim Buss -- is his deadline for "making a deep run in the playoffs" ... after next season (2016-2017) or the follining one ?

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious that the Mavericks played the following on their jumbotron before a recent game. I think the Clippers should strike back and make a video about the Mavs. Hopefully this type of thing becomes more common in the NBA.

I'm not sure how to post the link. If you go to mavsmoneyball . com (no spaces) there is a link to a video that the Mavericks played earlier this week before the game. It is an animated cartoon called "DeAndre Jordan: The Frightened Man-Boy".

It is shocking (but funny) to me that the Mavs would have shown this on their jumbotron.

Hopefully this starts a trend across the NBA ... teams creating animated cartoons making fun of opposing players ... and playing them on the jumbotron. (a lot of material out there ... Cuban/Clips, Rivers/Warriors, DRose, LeBron, DwightH, Kobe, ...)

----------
Link below may work.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Walton would be a VERY VERY intriguing option.....

however- a lot of times if you hire a GM they want to bring in their own coach so that makes it tough. It would be unfair to Walton to hire him- and then like a year or two later let go of wittle Jimmy and then the new GM would PROBABLY want his own guy....

I think Walton would be a good link to the past while bringing a fresh approach and the ability to implement a modern style of play.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Walton would be a VERY VERY intriguing option.....

however- a lot of times if you hire a GM they want to bring in their own coach so that makes it tough. It would be unfair to Walton to hire him- and then like a year or two later let go of wittle Jimmy and then the new GM would PROBABLY want his own guy....

I think Walton would be a good link to the past while bringing a fresh approach and the ability to implement a modern style of play.

I think it's a little early to conclude Walton as a viable head coach. I think any of Golden State's assistant coaches could sub for Kerr and still get the wins. That team is plenty good. He's better than #Byeron though.

Walton could end up being a good one though. He's smart. He's played under great coaches such as Phil Jackson and Lute Olsen. His dad is a b-ball legend. He likely absorbed plenty of knowledge from the late John Wooden. And he's a Dead fan.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a little early to conclude Walton as a viable head coach. I think any of Golden State's assistant coaches could sub for Kerr and still get the wins. That team is plenty good. He's better than #Byeron though.

Walton could end up being a good one though. He's smart. He's played under great coaches such as Phil Jackson and Lute Olsen. His dad is a b-ball legend. He likely absorbed plenty of knowledge from the late John Wooden. And he's a Dead fan.
He played with the Cavs for about a year and a half after the Lakers dumped his salary in the Sessions deal- and of course he didnt play much- but he was a coach already- and brought some much needed veteran leadership to a team that was at times rudderless. Kyrie was like 19, 20 years old and nowhere close to being a leader, Dion thought he was the best guy on the team, Scott was just totally MIA.....Walton was one of the few calming veteran influences on the whole team.

I like him. I think he will be a good coach someday- but your right- nothing is guaranteed- and having that be your first job- the Lakers- with all those expectations and such a tough spot to start from- would not be an ideal position for a first time guy. It would be tough.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had been thinking the same thing about Walton -- natural for the Lakers at some point. I don't think he should be in a hurry -- may be better to join in 2-3 years after they've done more building.

Jim Buss -- is his deadline for "making a deep run in the playoffs" ... after next season (2016-2017) or the follining one ?

After next season. I don't think it was necessarily contingent on making a deep playoff run but growing and being significantly more competitive. Certainly at least making the playoffs is a necessary result.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played with the Cavs for about a year and a half after the Lakers dumped his salary in the Sessions deal- and of course he didnt play much- but he was a coach already- and brought some much needed veteran leadership to a team that was at times rudderless. Kyrie was like 19, 20 years old and nowhere close to being a leader, Dion thought he was the best guy on the team, Scott was just totally MIA.....Walton was one of the few calming veteran influences on the whole team.

I like him. I think he will be a good coach someday- but your right- nothing is guaranteed- and having that be your first job- the Lakers- with all those expectations and such a tough spot to start from- would not be an ideal position for a first time guy. It would be tough.

I like him too. He also did some coaching at the University of Memphis and with the Lakers D-league team. He stuck around in this league more for his basketball smarts than physical ability. I'm definitely interested in following his coaching career. I think you are right about the Lakers job being a tough first one. Really any NBA job is these days. Head coaches are on such a short leash.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After next season. I don't think it was necessarily contingent on making a deep playoff run but growing and being significantly more competitive. Certainly at least making the playoffs is a necessary result.

Actually -- google it -- Jeanie said he had to make a "deep playoff run" in the 2016-17 season. Jim said later he thought it was the "2017 season" (i.e., 2017-2018) .... last I heard it hadn't been resolved which season was really the one in question. (and also ... what does a "deep playoff run" really mean)

I think it is really funny that this gets played our in the media and in public -- without Jim & Jeanie talking and having a common position. (plus -- it is really funny that it would actually come to this)

If someone has a link that clarifies all this -- I'd be happy to read & understand.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching OKC right now. If I were ever a teammate of Durant or Westbrook id be pissed. Other than Ibaka making a jumper a few times it's literally a two man show for 48 minutes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually -- google it -- Jeanie said he had to make a "deep playoff run" in the 2016-17 season. Jim said later he thought it was the "2017 season" (i.e., 2017-2018) .... last I heard it hadn't been resolved which season was really the one in question. (and also ... what does a "deep playoff run" really mean)

I think it is really funny that this gets played our in the media and in public -- without Jim & Jeanie talking and having a common position. (plus -- it is really funny that it would actually come to this)

If someone has a link that clarifies all this -- I'd be happy to read & understand.
it hasnt been easy on Jeanie and Jimmy I will give them that. Right when their father died was right when the Howard/NAsh thing really blew up on the Lakers. That teams was THEORTICALLY still supposed to be together and doing big things- but Howard leaves and Nash's career gets derailed by injuries and Kobe suffers the 2 major injuries-- and they get stuck with that aging core and a bunch of draft picks owed out to other teams.

I mean- thats kind of a nightmare scenario for a new owner to inherit that situation. ESpecially since the "win now" mentality for so long had REALLY neglected developing young talent. People assumed because they were the Lakers the rebuilding would be fast- but in todays NBA there are no short cuts like that- as LeBron said- "nothing is given - everything is earned". Thats a lot of expectations on Jim Buss' shoulders and the expectations were out of whack since its what people compared to in the past- and the past is just not that relevant in todays NBA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching OKC right now. If I were ever a teammate of Durant or Westbrook id be pissed. Other than Ibaka making a jumper a few times it's literally a two man show for 48 minutes.
Another total asshole DJ thing. Russell Westbrook was my favorite player in the league (until Kyrie came in). I loved watching him play from the start- and was told multiple times by DJ how selfish he was, how OKC should trade him for RONDO (YES- THE IDIOT ACTUALLY SAID THE THUNDER SHOULD TRADE RUSSELL WESTBROOK FOR RONDO)- how RW will never learn etc.....

of course its early - but RW right now is leading the NBA in assists per game. He is DEFINITELY a consensus top 10 player in the game- while Rondo is halfway washed up before 30.

and oh yah- apparently because Russell Westbrook was my favorite player to watch (still #2) I stopped liking the Cavs and was a diehard Thunder fan (SMH)...UNREAL.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another total asshole DJ thing. Russell Westbrook was my favorite player in the league (until Kyrie came in). I loved watching him play from the start- and was told multiple times by DJ how selfish he was, how OKC should trade him for RONDO (YES- THE IDIOT ACTUALLY SAID THE THUNDER SHOULD TRADE RUSSELL WESTBROOK FOR RONDO)- how RW will never learn etc.....

of course its early - but RW right now is leading the NBA in assists per game. He is DEFINITELY a consensus top 10 player in the game- while Rondo is halfway washed up before 30.

and oh yah- apparently because Russell Westbrook was my favorite player to watch (still #2) I stopped liking the Cavs and was a diehard Thunder fan (SMH)...UNREAL.
lol I have no idea about your beef with this DJ fool.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Rose makes a wide open mid range shot with over a minute left and his team already up four and the Rose fanboys will come out and say he's clutch.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Rose drives me nuts. He sounds like a crack baby

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always happy to see a Western Conference rival lose a couple of games in a row.