• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, I know it's quite early to be talking about this...

But, I am super curious about what Clarkson will do, contract wise, this summer if his numbers hold up.

If I'm not mistaken, he is subject to the Arenas provision...

Meaning : His best case scenario is a poison pill deal like Jeremy Lin because the mid level exception is his starting point.

So, he could get like 4yr/54 with 5 mil the first 2 years and damn near 20 mil for the last 2 years.

But, if he waits until 2017 to sign a long-term deal, his time of service puts him in a position to sign 5yr/112 mil.

That is damn near double. But, a helluva gamble.

I'd probably sign a 1 yr deal if I'm him.

Food for thought.

* this is what happens when I'm up all night doing homework*

If he keeps playing like he has so far, he'd be smart to gamble on himself and sign a 1 year, imo.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is only 4 games, but WOW. He looks even better on defense than the DPOY award season last year.

He will eventually get lit up by someone. Great offense cannot be stopped no matter what you do.
He cannot keep everyone shooting below 30% but it is a nice 4 game start.

I cannot believe SAN ANTONIO has only had 4 high picks in the last 29 years NBA Lottery history.

David Robinson, Sean Elliott, Tim Duncan, and Kawahi Leonard.
Kawhi has been such a stud since his SDSU days, I'm SO happy the Kings decided to draft Jimmer over him....:censored:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi has been such a stud since his SDSU days, I'm SO happy the Kings decided to draft Jimmer over him....:censored:

Holy hell, I remember Jimmer being a bad draft pick, but look at the names who followed directly after him:

10 - Jimmer
11 - Klay Thompson
12 - Alec Burks
13 - Markieff Morris
14 - Marcus Morris
15 - Kawhi Leonard
16 - Nikola Vucevic
17 - Iman Shumpert
19 - Tobias Harris
20 - Donatas Motiejunas
22 - Kenneth Faried
23 - Nikola Mirotic
24 - Reggie Jackson

Other notables from that draft: 30 - Jimmy Butler, 38 - Chandler Parsons, 60 - Isaiah Thomas

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell, I remember Jimmer being a bad draft pick, but look at the names who followed directly after him:

10 - Jimmer
11 - Klay Thompson
12 - Alec Burks
13 - Markieff Morris
14 - Marcus Morris
15 - Kawhi Leonard
16 - Nikola Vucevic
17 - Iman Shumpert
19 - Tobias Harris
20 - Donatas Motiejunas
22 - Kenneth Faried
23 - Nikola Mirotic
24 - Reggie Jackson

Other notables from that draft: 30 - Jimmy Butler, 38 - Chandler Parsons, 60 - Isaiah Thomas
At least they had a good 60th pick, but then traded him for practically nothing. The Kings lottery picks since drafting Boogie have SUCKED, hopefully WCS proves to be a good one.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they had a good 60th pick, but then traded him for practically nothing. The Kings lottery picks since drafting Boogie have SUCKED, hopefully WCS proves to be a good one.

(Dedicated) Warriors fans are all too familiar with shitty drafting. Definitely not taking this new regime's front office for granted. They've pretty much nailed every recent draft (with the exceptions of Nedovic in 2013).

The last game, the Warriors started 5 players, all whom they drafted. Curry 09, Klay 11, Barnes 12, Draymond 12, Ezeli 12. Pretty crazy.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10 - Jimmer
11 - Klay Thompson
12 - Alec Burks
13 - Markieff Morris
14 - Marcus Morris
15 - Kawhi Leonard
16 - Nikola Vucevic
17 - Iman Shumpert
19 - Tobias Harris
20 - Donatas Motiejunas
22 - Kenneth Faried
23 - Nikola Mirotic
24 - Reggie Jackson

looking back on THAT list all i can say is...DAMN...

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Dedicated) Warriors fans are all too familiar with shitty drafting. Definitely not taking this new regime's front office for granted. They've pretty much nailed every recent draft (with the exceptions of Nedovic in 2013).

The last game, the Warriors started 5 players, all whom they drafted. Curry 09, Klay 11, Barnes 12, Draymond 12, Ezeli 12. Pretty crazy.
Yeah, some teams just know how to draft(The Spurs come to mind, and GS recently) and turn their team into contenders that way instead of needing to sign 2 or 3 big time FA's. I'd rather have a team be built that way, because the young guys can go through the early struggles together and it makes them better down the line plus the chemistry is great. Now the Kings 2013 lotto pick is struggling big time and might be losing his starting spot. :gaah:

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs open game trailing 17-2, enter second quarter leading 23-22.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always fucking happens to the Spurs. Always. Some dude hits a shot to win the game against us. Every fucking time.

I'm not saying Beal is "some guy", simply saying it always seems to be someone all the time in a close game. Don't ever see Spurs hitting game winners, or even defending them well. Beal was wide fucking open.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings defense, still really sucks. And the offense isn't much better.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always fucking happens to the Spurs. Always. Some dude hits a shot to win the game against us. Every fucking time.

There is going to be some learning curves this season.
Aldridge and Leonard are the new alpha dogs. The other guys have to assimilate to new roles and vice versa.

They look a little choppy late in games with the assigments.
Duncan-Aldridge will take probably at least 15-20 games to get used to each other.

Both losses probably should not have happened.
They had both OKC and WAS beaten on the road, but there was confusion late and they lost leads late.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is going to be some learning curves this season.
Aldridge and Leonard are the new alpha dogs. The other guys have to assimilate to new roles and vice versa.

They look a little choppy late in games with the assigments.
Duncan-Aldridge will take probably at least 15-20 games to get used to each other.

Both losses probably should not have happened.
They had both OKC and WAS beaten on the road, but there was confusion late and they lost leads late.
Yeah both games at the end were really really bad...tonight there were 2 or 3 really bad turnovers late in the game that cost them and almost one more before Tony hit the 3 to tie.

I know it's going to take a while. I do know that...however, I will never not get pissed about losing a game that they should have won, lol.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying Beal is "some guy", simply saying it always seems to be someone all the time in a close game. Don't ever see Spurs hitting game winners, or even defending them well. Beal was wide fucking open.

Well, I recall a game a few years back where Gary Neal raped CP3, stole the ball and hit dagger threes at the end of regulation and again in overtime, and left his broken, bloody body at half court.

I still hate that mutha sucka for that ISH!

It's just one game.

Your Team will be fine.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta be so cool having Chris Paul and Blake Griffin on your team and able to watch them all the time. What a great combo. Both top 10 guys? Gotta be right?

these teams really do not like eachother

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember when Kyrie lit your ass up for 57 IN San Antonio and drilled a game tying 3 at the buzzard right in Kawhi Leonards FACE!

that is what you call pure destruction. Poetry in fucking motion.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10 - Jimmer
11 - Klay Thompson
12 - Alec Burks
13 - Markieff Morris
14 - Marcus Morris
15 - Kawhi Leonard
16 - Nikola Vucevic
17 - Iman Shumpert
19 - Tobias Harris
20 - Donatas Motiejunas
22 - Kenneth Faried
23 - Nikola Mirotic
24 - Reggie Jackson

that was the Kyrie IRving draft....when you look back it was actually a very underated draft class- at the time people did not think much of it...

you got KI, Kawhi, Butler, Klay - 4 guys who are gonna be multi-time all stars.....and a lot of other guys who COULD make an all star team at some point- Isiah Thomas, Kanter, Valuncuinas, Vucevic, Mirotic, THarris, Chandler Parsons, TT ;) and a lot of other really good players- Brandon Knight, the Morris twins are decent, Faried, Reggie Jackson, Corey Joseph, Shumpert,

Wanted to say something about Isiah Thomas by the way. He looks AWESOME- and ever since Boston acquired him their record has been REALLY good. Out of those 3 Point Guards, Dragic, Thomas, and Bledsoe- just about EVERYONE would have said Thomas is the #3 guy- but if you are really looking at just impact to the team- its hard for me to come to any other conclusion that at least thus far- Thomas might just look the best. Its crazy to say I understand that because I think both Dragic and Bledsoe are both really good- and really do certain things awesome- Dragic shoots over 50% from the field as a guard which is INSANE- and he does it fairly regularly, and he pushes an offense really well, etc... Bledsoe is just a great 2 way player- an insane athlete. and can do a little of everything.

I just look at Thomas though and hes the leader of that Boston team- that played great with him and its really not a very good team overall.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Kyrie lit your ass up for 57 IN San Antonio and drilled a game tying 3 at the buzzard right in Kawhi Leonards FACE!

that is what you call pure destruction. Poetry in fucking motion.
I remember every single time LeBron has come up against the Spurs in the Finals, he's only won once and it was because of Ray Allen.

5 championships to 0. Poetry in fucking motion.

How many titles does Kyrie have again? Oh yeah. 0.

Kyrie was on fire that night. Nobody was going to stop him. Stop acting like you're a true fan of the team. We all know you're just a bandwagon bitch.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious that the Mavericks played the following on their jumbotron before a recent game. I think the Clippers should strike back and make a video about the Mavs. Hopefully this type of thing becomes more common in the NBA.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love Leonard. He was guarding Beal -- and quickly switched with Aldridge. I was surprised at that -- I thought he should have fought through the screen and stayed on Beal.

In general, I like switching in that situation (Damon Lillard vs. the Rockets ... when Harden didn't switch) -- but was still surprised at how the Spurs played that one. Maybe in future when Beal does this more & gets more respect -- teams may play it differently.