• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How serious is his injury?

Big 3 there and now hack-a-jordan
It's a sore achilles, hopefully it's not that serious but I don't like the sound of that.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad call there smh, these refs have not been good.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have played one of the best teams in the West tough twice, had a chance to win both games. Wasn't a fan of the officiating in this one, but the Kings made too many mistakes themselves and can't put it all on some bad calls. Grizz, Rockets, Warriors, Spurs, Raptors, and surprising 3-0 Pistons all coming up in the next 2 weeks, with all those games at home so they need to at least go 3-3 in those 6 to really show they can compete for a playoff spot. Rondo with back to back 21pt games, need more of that with McLemore and Marco struggling so far. Please don't miss any games Boogie, we need you.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god, that last 2 minutes was awful for the Kings. Great game otherwise. Hopefully Cuz is okay, he was noticeably limp at the end of the second quarter, and was shocked they didn't take him out sooner. Hopefully he didn't make it worse and it isn't serious.

I'm feeling great about the Kings otherwise.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have played one of the best teams in the West tough twice, had a chance to win both games. Wasn't a fan of the officiating in this one, but the Kings made too many mistakes themselves and can't put it all on some bad calls. Grizz, Rockets, Warriors, Spurs, Raptors, and surprising 3-0 Pistons all coming up in the next 2 weeks, with all those games at home so they need to at least go 3-3 in those 6 to really show they can compete for a playoff spot. Rondo with back to back 21pt games, need more of that with McLemore and Marco struggling so far. Please don't miss any games Boogie, we need you.

Ben's shots aren't falling yet, but he's looking pretty good defensively and he's been aggressive off the dribble getting some good layups. Not too worried about Marco, his shots will start falling soon, but for now he's not necessarily destroying the offense. I agree that we need to survive the next 2 weeks, and then we can take off from there.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben's shots aren't falling yet, but he's looking pretty good defensively and he's been aggressive off the dribble getting some good layups. Not too worried about Marco, his shots will start falling soon, but for now he's not necessarily destroying the offense. I agree that we need to survive the next 2 weeks, and then we can take off from there.
Yeah I'm more worried about Ben than Marco when it comes to the shots. Ben does make up for it some with his defense and driving, but he is needed to space the floor with the starting 5 and if he can't make 3's it'll be a problem. Marco is a good passer and has made good plays without his shots dropping which is why he hasn't really hurt the offense. Good teams can beat the top teams at home, so if the Kings want to be good these games coming up are the ones they need to show they can win and not just "stay close until the end". Even with how well WCS and Kosta have played so far and how well this team played in the 2nd half, they need #15. If he plays I could see them going 4-2 against the teams I mentioned but if he's out for 2 weeks I'd predict they go 1-5, maybe 2-4.

They also got to clean up their FT shooting, it's probably under 70% as a team through 3 games. In close games like the 2 vs LAC, those misses loom large.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West is just stupid. OKC-SAN-GSW-LAC all look like machines right now.

I expect Houston & Memphis to get better as the year goes along, both built for the long haul.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redick is under-appreciated. Korver gets tons of buzz for his jumper but JJ ain't far behind. He's a better overall scorer than Korver is too.

JJ needs to stay healthy.

Thanks has been an issue vwince his time with the Clippers.

I love him.

Our saving grace will be his shooting.... And having 3 guys on the roster hitting over 90% at the line.

Hack a DJ and Josh could get ugly and lance is horrific all around so far.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West is just stupid. OKC-SAN-GSW-LAC all look like machines right now.

I expect Houston & Memphis to get better as the year goes along, both built for the long haul.
I'm not particularly impressed with the Spurs as of yet, but I haven't really expected to be this early. Their defense is shoddy and it's been ruining the offense at times. Once they get clicking, they definitely will be looking like machines. lol

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win by the Spurs! Aldridge looked the most comfortable he's looked since coming to SA. 24 points, 13 rebounds and 5 assists, not to mention 3 HUGE buckets back-to-back-to-back late in the fourth.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win by the Spurs! Aldridge looked the most comfortable he's looked since coming to SA. 24 points, 13 rebounds and 5 assists, not to mention 3 HUGE buckets back-to-back-to-back late in the fourth.

They just need time.

This has to be a big adjustment for Aldridge.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need time.

This has to be a big adjustment for Aldridge.
He's looked really shaky the first two games before today. Bill Land and Sean Elliott said it best today though. He's so used to knowing what shots he's going to get in Portland, and he doesn't know that yet in SA. It'll take a while. I mean, he's an 84% FT shooter and he hasn't shot anywhere near that until today, it seems like.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redick is under-appreciated. Korver gets tons of buzz for his jumper but JJ ain't far behind. He's a better overall scorer than Korver is too.

Better defender too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the LAkers defense is ROUGH.... 112, then 132, then 30 in the 1st quarter to the not exactly expolosive Mavs......yikes.

On the bright side I think Randle has looked really good for the most part- maybe not statistically yet but he looks in shape and appears tobe developing a right hand.