• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it to early to say that Jordan Clarkson looks like he's gonna go into the Manu, Draymond, Arenas * minus the guns * 2nd round pick category?

That kid is good.

PS. I hate y'all and hope you go 0-82.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it to early to say that Jordan Clarkson looks like he's gonna go into the Manu, Draymond, Arenas * minus the guns * 2nd round pick category?

That kid is good.

I'd say that's where he's headed. Time will tell if gets there, but early returns are favorable.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That kid is good.

have you seen what his counter part has done ot him in the first 2 games? As good as he has been on offense is as atrocious as he has been on defense. I mean- Rubio/Rondo looked like freaking Gods.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have you seen what his counter part has done ot him in the first 2 games? As good as he has been on offense is as atrocious as he has been on defense. I mean- Rubio/Rondo looked like freaking Gods.

Yeah, both guys got off pretty well.

You are correct in implying that Dudes should be graded on their play on both ends of the floor.

I was mainly talking about his play on offense.

Plus, he is only a 2nd year guy. So, the defense could come later...or maybe it won't.

Look at K Love so far this year.

Dude has been sensational on offense.

But, he won't be battling for DPOY anytime soon.

Doesn't take away from the fact that he's still a top PF.

PS. PLEASE don't make me type pro Laker posts.

* Yacks in toilet*

You can't knock what the kid has done. He has been fantastic considering where he has taken in the draft.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, both guys got off pretty well.

You are correct in implying that Dudes should be graded on their play on both ends of the floor.

I was mainly talking about his play on offense.

Plus, he is only a 2nd year guy. So, the defense could come later...or maybe it won't.

Look at K Love so far this year.

Dude has been sensational on offense.

But, he won't be battling for DPOY anytime soon.

Doesn't take away from the fact that he's still a top PF.

PS. PLEASE don't make me type pro Laker posts.

* Yacks in toilet*

You can't knock what the kid has done. He has been fantastic considering where he has taken in the draft.
Just saying- I guess last year with love on the court the Cavs were 3 points better defensively- in addition to like 7 points better offensively. Hes not a great individual guy but love really was a very impactful player last year and statistically at least backed that up on both ends.

And I like Clarkson....but Draymond Green- did he win DPOY or was he runner up and wasnt he an all star? , Manu Ginobili is a multi time all star and multi time champion, Arenas was a multi time all star that was one of the best offensive players i nthe league.

Id compare Clarkson this point to 2nd rounders like Lou Williams who is a very solid scorer and won 6th man last year, or maybe Mo Williams, or maybe even Isiah Thomas on the Celtics or Trevor Ariza or Danny Green. I mean all those guys would be great guys for Clarkson to shoot for.

lets take it easy before you compare the guy to multi time all stars or defensive player o the years or guys that were top 5 scorers in the entire league.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying- I guess last year with love on the court the Cavs were 3 points better defensively- in addition to like 7 points better offensively. Hes not a great individual guy but love really was a very impactful player last year and statistically at least backed that up on both ends.

And I like Clarkson....but Draymond Green- did he win DPOY or was he runner up and wasnt he an all star? , Manu Ginobili is a multi time all star and multi time champion, Arenas was a multi time all star that was one of the best offensive players i nthe league.

Id compare Clarkson this point to 2nd rounders like Lou Williams who is a very solid scorer and won 6th man last year, or maybe Mo Williams, or maybe even Isiah Thomas on the Celtics or Trevor Ariza or Danny Green. I mean all those guys would be great guys for Clarkson to shoot for.

lets take it easy before you compare the guy to multi time all stars or defensive player o the years or guys that were top 5 scorers in the entire league.

Lmao...I will grudgingly agree.

It is more than generous to mention this kid in the same breath as those guys so early.

But, remember this advice the next time you write a 10 page love sonnet about Kyrie because he's made a few All Star Teams and won MVP of the game....at such a young age * barf*

He's no Isiah Thomas...* the one of Detroit greatness*

But, like Clarkson, maybe he has a shot to be great in the future.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS. Russ, that drivel you posted about Love is the perfect example of how Stats lie.

Love is such a Terrible defender, at times, that the Cavs paid a guy who plays the same positin and who averages 8 and 8 eighty million bucks because they have to glue Kevins ass to the bench....if I'm not mistaken, for whole quarters last Season.

He is the poster child for benefiting from Team defense.

Nobody on my Team plays defense outside of Jordan and Paul.

So, I can spot a slug like him a mile away.

He totally benefited from playing with Bron, Shump and Mozgov.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS. Russ, that drivel you posted about Love is the perfect example of how Stats lie.

Love is such a Terrible defender, at times, that the Cavs paid a guy who plays the same positin and who averages 8 and 8 eighty million bucks because they have to glue Kevins ass to the bench....if I'm not mistaken, for whole quarters last Season.

He is the poster child for benefiting from Team defense.

Nobody on my Team plays defense outside of Jordan and Paul.

So, I can spot a slug like him a mile away.

He totally benefited from playing with Bron, Shump and Mozgov.
Mozgov has really stepped up as a rim defender. Ive watched him these last few games and it just baffles me how this guy was buried on the Nuggets bench. That makes no sense to me. He has some pretty decent offensive moves- Hubie almost lost his mind when Mozgov pinned Whiteside in the paint and got an "and one". He can really defend the rim. Im not sure how much the Cavs are going to have to pay him but its gonna be more than Thompson I would imagine.

The Cavs "core" players that will, in all likelihood, be together for a good long time are of course LeBron, Love and Kyrie, and Thompson, Shumpert, Mozgov. IT would not surprise me if those 6 guys are all on the Cavs 3 or even 4 years from now. Continuity is a big thing as we have seen in SAS.

and the Love of last season and this season is a lot different- and Blatt is a lot different. I really think Blatt, especially early on struggled last year. He definitely got better and he did his best work in the playoffs for the most part- and same with Love. ITs just a totally different vibe watching everyone this season. Last season it was clear moves were going to have to be made, no one knew how things were going to work, certain guys had never expereicned anything like that amount of scrutiny....etc...

Love this year is going to re-establish himself. There is a reason why going into last year ESPN had him in their top 10 players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao...I will grudgingly agree.

It is more than generous to mention this kid in the same breath as those guys so early.

But, remember this advice the next time you write a 10 page love sonnet about Kyrie because he's made a few All Star Teams and won MVP of the game....at such a young age * barf*

He's no Isiah Thomas...* the one of Detroit greatness*

But, like Clarkson, maybe he has a shot to be great in the future.
did you know that- while Irving is going into his 5th year, he is only 3 months older than Clarkson, who of course is going into his 2nd year? Both are 23.

Irving has a Finals appearance (however brief, lol), a rookie of the year, 3 all star teams, all star game mvp, rookie game mvp, All NBA selection, over half a dozen buzzer beaters, 3pt contest winner, a 58 point game, a 55 point game. Elite shooter. Maybe the best ball handler in the league.

Crawford has...some nice games and has proven he belongs in the league as a 2nd round pick with a nice feel for the game, and some good size and a knack for being pretty efficient.

Hopefully over the next 4-5 seasons Irving adds a ring or two or three, and some more all star appearances but hes got a good start on that resume. I think their is a case that Kyrie is around the 16th, 17th best player in the league but id have a hard time believing anyone without real bias would say hes not a top 25 guy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mozgov has really stepped up as a rim defender. Ive watched him these last few games and it just baffles me how this guy was buried on the Nuggets bench. That makes no sense to me. He has some pretty decent offensive moves- Hubie almost lost his mind when Mozgov pinned Whiteside in the paint and got an "and one". He can really defend the rim. Im not sure how much the Cavs are going to have to pay him but its gonna be more than Thompson I would imagine.

The Cavs "core" players that will, in all likelihood, be together for a good long time are of course LeBron, Love and Kyrie, and Thompson, Shumpert, Mozgov. IT would not surprise me if those 6 guys are all on the Cavs 3 or even 4 years from now. Continuity is a big thing as we have seen in SAS.

and the Love of last season and this season is a lot different- and Blatt is a lot different. I really think Blatt, especially early on struggled last year. He definitely got better and he did his best work in the playoffs for the most part- and same with Love. ITs just a totally different vibe watching everyone this season. Last season it was clear moves were going to have to be made, no one knew how things were going to work, certain guys had never expereicned anything like that amount of scrutiny....etc...

Love this year is going to re-establish himself. There is a reason why going into last year ESPN had him in their top 10 players.

Agree on all points.

I think Love is still one of the best PF in the NBA and will have a great year without all the will he stay, will be go drama over his head.

The guy can score all over the court. So, you live with his defensive liabilities.

The Cavs were smart to surround him with strong defenders.

I can't wait to see how things shake out this Season.

There are so many unknowns in the West.

Can Aldridge deal with not being the man, are the Warriors the real deal, can Durant and Westbrook coexist...

In the East?

It's the Bulls and the Cavs.

Unlike you, I give the Heat a punchers chance.

But, it's likely Chi or the Cavs in the Finals.

Question: Do you really see Mozgov there long-term?

I mean, slot Bron in for the Max next year.

But, how much will it cost to keep Timofey?

Don't one of the 3 have to go at some point?

* Mozgov, Love, Tristan*

Andy is probably out the door too.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you know that- while Irving is going into his 5th year, he is only 3 months older than Clarkson, who of course is going into his 2nd year? Both are 23.

Irving has a Finals appearance (however brief, lol), a rookie of the year, 3 all star teams, all star game mvp, rookie game mvp, All NBA selection, over half a dozen buzzer beaters, 3pt contest winner, a 58 point game, a 55 point game. Elite shooter. Maybe the best ball handler in the league.

Crawford has...some nice games and has proven he belongs in the league as a 2nd round pick with a nice feel for the game, and some good size and a knack for being pretty efficient.

Hopefully over the next 4-5 seasons Irving adds a ring or two or three, and some more all star appearances but hes got a good start on that resume. I think their is a case that Kyrie is around the 16th, 17th best player in the league but id have a hard time believing anyone without real bias would say hes not a top 25 guy.

Damn, it's crazy when you think about it like that.

There are definitely benefits in coming to the League early.

But, there is a flip side too.

Duncan played 4 years in college, while Garnett went straight to the pros.

Tiiiiiiiimmy clearly still has way more in the tank.

But, I'm not naïve enough to believe that he's the exception, not the rule.

With that being said, sometimes guys are too young.

That obviously wasn't the case with Kyrie.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph has been a machine and looks like a much better player this year. And that's scary

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph Curry is so good it's annoying.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
43 points, 7-12 from deep...it just isn't fair at this point. He's only missed 7 shots and 5 of them were threes. I mean COME ON. What can you do?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like our 2nd good finish between the Clips/Kings of the week.

Kings down 1 with 6:13 left.

On NBATV for those interested

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like our 2nd good finish between the Clips/Kings of the week.

Kings down 1 with 6:13 left.

On NBATV for those interested
It's gonna be another close loss it looks like, not having Cousins in the 2nd half sucks. On the bright side Rondo has had 2 strong games in a row.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be another close loss it looks like, not having Cousins in the 2nd half sucks. On the bright side Rondo has had 2 strong games in a row.

How serious is his injury?

Big 3 there and now hack-a-jordan

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Kings don't know the rules.

Intentionally fouled Jordan with under 2 to go

Bolts