• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only good thing about the Heat in terms of possibly not having HCA is that they always play close games on the road even when they lose. Hopefully in the playoffs, Wade and Johnson playoffs experience can win them some tight road playoffs games

Plus, there's so much time between games.
It's totally different.
People talk about Wade, but Dragic usually isn't that great in the 2nd game.
I love how he's playing now though. He's one of the better attacking PG in the league IMO.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted less, and that was assuming we'd have Bosh.

As far as the playoffs, I really wanted HC because of the youth of Whiteside, Winslow and Rchardson.
Historically youth doesn't fare well on the road.
Other then that, I really don't think it's a big deal either way, because I would expect to win game 1 or 2 against any of those teams anyway.
The issue is winning that 2nd road game if you don't take care of business at home.

Good news is HCA is still in play with Boston playing Charlotte and Atlanta next. We need Boston to win both games because we have tiebreaker advantage over the other 2. Doesn't matter what happened tomorrow night in Atlanta, we would have the same amount of losses as Charlotte and the loser of the Celtics/Hawks game tomorrow night.

Would be nice if either Detroit or Boston are locked in to their playoff seed when we play them so they can rest their guys and we can get a win

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know- in the grand scheme i dont think your that much better than the MAgic- and honestly- if i was the GM and had my choice of which team id rather take over going forward- id probably have to take Orlando...Orlando has what i think is a good coach, a lot of solid young players, some extra draft assets (including an incoming first orund pick from the Lakers- which is pretty much solid GOLD), plenty of cap space...as opposed to old, hurt and guys with no bird rights...

So far were double digit wins better and thats despite losing our best player since the All Star beak.
Just sayin'.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I think Cleveland takes them out in 5 with some close games. I can see them taking Toronto to 6
That sounds about right to me. Though the Pistons have a bad habit having extended scoring droughts which could cost them a series in the playoffs. I hope they get the 7, take out the Raps and can have a launchers chance at Atlanta or Charlotte. But shell, it's nice to have more than 82 games again.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, there's so much time between games.
It's totally different.
People talk about Wade, but Dragic usually isn't that great in the 2nd game.
I love how he's playing now though. He's one of the better attacking PG in the league IMO.

Yeah Ethan Skolnick or someone else from the Herald wrote an article about Dragic struggles on the 2nd night of B2B after the Portland game last week.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking at the lotto odds...it was interesting- in Sam Hinkie's letter he said that the 76'ers will have the best odds in the history of the lotto to win the #1 overall pick....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far were double digit wins better and thats despite losing our best player since the All Star beak.
Just sayin'.

And on top of that, the way Orlando is building their team is a failure unless you get a star/superstar through the draft. Building mainly through the draft and not doing much through free agency and trades is not a winning formula unless you draft some gems as OKC and GSW did.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is HCA is still in play with Boston playing Charlotte and Atlanta next. We need Boston to win both games because we have tiebreaker advantage over the other 2. Doesn't matter what happened tomorrow night in Atlanta, we would have the same amount of losses as Charlotte and the loser of the Celtics/Hawks game tomorrow night.

Would be nice if either Detroit or Boston are locked in to their playoff seed when we play them so they can rest their guys and we can get a win

I know.
I figured we'd be rooting for the Celts all week.
Still, it doesnt make me any happier to see us lose to bad teams.
I could kinda, sorta, see tonight coming off that Bulls game.
I'm not sure how it looked or sounded on TV, but those guys ( Bulls) were playing at max effort, season on the line.
The Heat really had to play hard in the second half to win.
I would have much preferred a Sat/Sunday back to back with the Magic.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking at the lotto odds...it was interesting- in Sam Hinkie's letter he said that the 76'ers will have the best odds in the history of the lotto to win the #1 overall pick....

I'm not reading that.
I heard it was 13 pages?
Of course to you, that's just a table of contents.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on top of that, the way Orlando is building their team is a failure unless you get a star/superstar through the draft. Building mainly through the draft and not doing much through free agency and trades is not a winning formula unless you draft some gems as OKC and GSW did.
What?! You don't think dumping Harris for Jennings and Ilyasova was a brilliant move putting them on track for a future ring?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not reading that.
I heard it was 13 pages?
Of course to you, that's just a table of contents.
it was really freaking good...it basically laid out the strategy that the Sonics/Thunder, Cavs, Sixers- and even Twolves and Celtics to certain effects- have done....

one of the most interesting parts i thought was discussing the probabilities of drafting a star at the top of the draft- which he put at 10-20%....which seems low but im sure is backed up emperically

The interesting thing for me is this years lotto- where they have the chance at the Lakers pick- and there own- plus some more picks... (mainly because of the Lakers stupidity)

pick (nearly 30%), a roughly 50/50 chance at a top-2 pick (the highest ever), and a roughly 50/50 chance at two top-5 picks, which would be the best lottery night haul ever. That same bounce of a ping pong ball (almost a flip of a coin) will determine if we have three first round picks this year (unusual) or four (unprecedented). That's this year. Or this quarter, if you will.

I enjoyed reading it- interesting reading the strategies of a really smart guy- even if i think he took the tanking/rebuilding thing just too far...you cant deny hope for as long as he did....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.
I figured we'd be rooting for the Celts all week.
Still, it doesnt make me any happier to see us lose to bad teams.
I could kinda, sorta, see tonight coming off that Bulls game.
I'm not sure how it looked or sounded on TV, but those guys ( Bulls) were playing at max effort, season on the line.
The Heat really had to play hard in the second half to win.
I would have much preferred a Sat/Sunday back to back with the Magic.

I said it on the Heat board early in the first that the Bulls game would be difficult because we were playing a desperate team who would basically be eliminated if they did not win last night. Nice to see us establishing some court of Home Court edge lately. Won 11 of 13 at home. I think the only 2 teams who beat us at home since the ASB were the Warriors and Hornets. BTW from the tv telecast last night, that building sounded very loud

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Ethan Skolnick or someone else from the Herald wrote an article about Dragic struggles on the 2nd night of B2B after the Portland game last week.

I don't see the Herald, but I have heard it discussed on the radio.
I've noticed it, but really didn't put that much into before Bosh went down, because I couldn't tell if the struggles were caused by the back to backs, or just misuse of his skills.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?! You don't think dumping Harris for Jennings and Ilyasova was a brilliant move putting them on track for a future ring?
Harris is pretty goood- they needed to deal him though and clear room for Gordon...not only that- but cap space too....

with Harris and Frye gone- they can go into free agency- and sell someone on playing in Florida with a bunch of really good young players....Payton, Oladipo, Vucevic, Gordon, Hezonja..etc...add 2-3 vets to that with their cap room- and it would seem they should be set to contend for a playoff spot next and and then just continue to climb from there....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it on the Heat board early in the first that the Bulls game would be difficult because we were playing a desperate team who would basically be eliminated if they did not win last night. Nice to see us establishing some court of Home Court edge lately. Won 11 of 13 at home. I think the only 2 teams who beat us at home since the ASB were the Warriors and Hornets. BTW from the tv telecast last night, that building sounded very loud

2nd half it was.
First half, not so much.
We basically got jumped by a desperate team but were still able to stay close.
I figured the Bulls couldn't keep it up for all 48 on the road, but regardless that game prob cost us this game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Herald, but I have heard it discussed on the radio.
I've noticed it, but really didn't put that much into before Bosh went down, because I couldn't tell if the struggles were caused by the back to backs, or just misuse of his skills.
I think Dragic is a decent player-- and if the Heat were over the cap and in the tax and what not- sure i can see giving him the money-- i would just hate to be staring at having cap space and not having it because i am paying Goran Dragic a ton of money.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Spo admit that inbound play was trash

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dragic is a decent player-- and if the Heat were over the cap and in the tax and what not- sure i can see giving him the money-- i would just hate to be staring at having cap space and not having it because i am paying Goran Dragic a ton of money.

Anyone including him will be in play this summer defending on who the play is for.
Until these playoffs , play out, there's no way to even speculate let alone discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.