• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hinkie did a really shitty job. When it's all said and done, all of this tanking that's been going on for 3 years, the only real assets that they have are Noel and Okafor. They've stock piled bigs (Embiid looks to be the next injury bust) without addressing other positions like guard and small forward.
again--- just like turnup....ya really have no clue but for a very uneducated opinion.

I mean- when you say small forward it leads me to believe you dont even know that the 76'ers have the rights to Dario Saric- who was a lotto pick even though it was pretty much understood he wasnt going to be coming over for 2-3 years--- and would WITHOUT A doubt be a top 5 pick- or likely higher- if he was in this years draft.

And what i said to Turnup applies just as much....

sure - id take Noel at 7 like they did if he fell......the next year- there were 3 HUUUUGE prospects- Parker, Wiggins, Embiid- with the 76'ers still years away from contending- they took the guy that many said had the most potential in an absolutely loaded draft- but had injury issues----- now this is the pick that MAYBE i would have done differently as Marcus Smart was still on the board who i really liked- but i can see how the 76'ers wouldnt want to draft a PG that cant shoot when they just got rid of one in MCW....i guess the other options instead of of embiid besides smart would have been Randle (but they jsut drafted Noel), Gordon (another PF), Exum (another PG that cant really shoot)....I understand why they took Embiid and the logic behind it- especially after looking at the other players on the board.

AS far as Okafor--- Again- its hard for me to criticize the pick of taking Okafor at 3 when many thought he was ina fight with Towns to be #1 and after Embiid had kept having set backs.....

not only that- but the 76'ers werent planning on contending this year- and have up to 3-4 first rounders in this draft where they will or would have - undoubtedly addressed the back court....and really- considering how big men develop slower- i can see the sense in getting your front court established and dthen drafting your back court as back court players seem to adapt a lot faster

Heatles- i guess it comes down to the fact that- i probably shouldnt expect you to have more than a very shallow, uneducated, answer as youve never shown an ability to do any kind of decent analysis- and posts like this just prove my EXACT point i was making last night. its cool man- you just dont know shit- and get a big chip on your shoulder and get belligerent when i correct you.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again--- just like turnup....ya really have no clue but for a very uneducated opinion.

I mean- when you say small forward it leads me to believe you dont even know that the 76'ers have the rights to Dario Saric- who was a lotto pick even though it was pretty much understood he wasnt going to be coming over for 2-3 years--- and would WITHOUT A doubt be a top 5 pick- or likely higher- if he was in this years draft.

And what i said to Turnup applies just as much....

sure - id take Noel at 7 like they did if he fell......the next year- there were 3 HUUUUGE prospects- Parker, Wiggins, Embiid- with the 76'ers still years away from contending- they took the guy that many said had the most potential in an absolutely loaded draft- but had injury issues----- now this is the pick that MAYBE i would have done differently as Marcus Smart was still on the board who i really liked- but i can see how the 76'ers wouldnt want to draft a PG that cant shoot when they just got rid of one in MCW....i guess the other options instead of of embiid besides smart would have been Randle (but they jsut drafted Noel), Gordon (another PF), Exum (another PG that cant really shoot)....I understand why they took Embiid and the logic behind it- especially after looking at the other players on the board.

AS far as Okafor--- Again- its hard for me to criticize the pick of taking Okafor at 3 when many thought he was ina fight with Towns to be #1 and after Embiid had kept having set backs.....

not only that- but the 76'ers werent planning on contending this year- and have up to 3-4 first rounders in this draft where they will or would have - undoubtedly addressed the back court....and really- considering how big men develop slower- i can see the sense in getting your front court established and dthen drafting your back court as back court players seem to adapt a lot faster

Heatles- i guess it comes down to the fact that- i probably shouldnt expect you to have more than a very shallow, uneducated, answer as youve never shown an ability to do any kind of decent analysis- and posts like this just prove my EXACT point i was making last night. its cool man- you just dont know shit- and get a big chip on your shoulder and get belligerent when i correct you.

And then you cry and bitch when others attack you. You have a major personality flaw.

I don't know shit? What I do know is that the 76ers have about the roughest 3-year stretch in NBA history and are stuck in NBA purgatory right now. Draft picks don't mean shit when you don't know how to properly evaluate talent, like the 76ers clearly don't. You've been praising their tanking for as long as I can remember, and what has that got them? Players with off the court issues in Noel and Okafor that display clear maturity issues (you use that shit with Whiteside) and with no clear veteran leadership on that team. No veteran's going to want to go to that team willingly unless they get overpaid or if they have no other options..

And you can fuck off as far as correcting me goes. You didn't correct shit. You're just fucking irritating. I still don't understand why you post here because no one really likes you on this forum (with the exception of Mecca), and that's just not limited to Lakers and Heat fans as well.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you can fuck off as far as correcting me goes. You didn't correct shit. You're just fucking irritating. I still don't understand why you post here because no one really likes you on this forum (with the exception of Mecca), and that's just not limited to Lakers and Heat fans as well.

Welcome to the Isle of Mecca.

It's a very lonely place.

Leadership-Island.jpg

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
Anytime you feel you're more knowledgable then the others here, look at poll results.
Other than a couple trolls, nobody sees things like you do.
You're entitled to your opinion, but that's pretty much all it is. YOUR opinion.

The Sixers plan was understandable.
Execution terrible so far, though, by a historical amount.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In school, you were the nice girl who always felt bad for the gross kid in class that no one liked, weren't you?

I can't help it!

This is what pops in my head whenever I see folks taking Russ behind the tool shed :lol:

Sad-dog-face.jpe

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In school, you were the nice girl who always felt bad for the gross kid in class that no one liked, weren't you?

TF12, I can't send messages. How do I fix that?

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Hinkle should have used one more quote -- "You can't disrespect the caterpillar by only raving about the butterfly." MJ

If the 6ers do turn it around with draft picks & Saric & Embiid & trades with their assets -- they better give Hinkle a little credit. I read someplace, he was going to cash in on a bunch of the assets this summer and get a backcourt & some leadership.

Although the team sucks, it is hard to believe a bunch of 76 fans would suffer through a horrible team ... travel 3 hours (and travel hassle) to go to Brooklyn just to chant -- "Trust the Process".

I'm not necessarily a Hinkle fan -- but this is interesting. (including the letter)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hinkle should have used one more quote -- "You can't disrespect the caterpillar by only raving about the butterfly." MJ

If the 6ers do turn it around with draft picks & Saric & Embiid & trades with their assets -- they better give Hinkle a little credit. I read someplace, he was going to cash in on a bunch of the assets this summer and get a backcourt & some leadership.

Although the team sucks, it is hard to believe a bunch of 76 fans would suffer through a horrible team ... travel 3 hours (and travel hassle) to go to Brooklyn just to chant -- "Trust the Process".

I'm not necessarily a Hinkle fan -- but this is interesting. (including the letter)

Some fans are just too blind and loyal. I experienced it with the Hurricanes football team the last few years. Year by year, more fans were jumping off the Al Golden bandwagon. By year 3, 95% of the fanbase wanted him gone, yet there were still those few that bought into the sales tactics. I apply the same rule of thumb here. Simply put - they don't know better.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah exactly--- i dont think he did a good job by any means- but he undoubtedly has left the next front office operation in a very good position moving forward- in fact- i think it was kind of ideal in some ways for Philly- bring in a mgmt team to raze it to the ground and acquire assets- and now bring in the Colangelou's who are GREAT at what they do- to take all those assets and form them into a team.

and yah...the butthurt Laker and Heat fans do not even BEGIN to phase me...its actually all pretty funny to be honest. lol....it has to be SO frustrating for them to see the Cavs- with Bron, Love, Kyrie- and an owner that will spend FAR more than either one of their owners-- while both of their teams KNOW-- KNOW- for a fact- they arent competing for shit the next few years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first time since the strike shortened year-- and besides that year- for the first time in a LONG time- the entire East will be above .500 that makes the playoffs...

lot of good young teams in the East this year that - I would THINK- should continue to take steps forward...like Bobcats, Pistons, Magic, Boston - etc....

to have every playoff team over .500- and for the Bulls and Wizards NOT to be among those really shows the depth of the conference this year.

Considering the injuries to start the year- its a nice little pre-playoff prize to be able to rest all your guys and have wrapped up the one seed for all intents nad purposes about 2 weeks before the playoffs begin....Im glad the Cavs dont have to face Jimmy Butler this post season....after LeBron and Paul George- might just be the best player in the conference.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fans are just too blind and loyal. I experienced it with the Hurricanes football team the last few years. Year by year, more fans were jumping off the Al Golden bandwagon. By year 3, 95% of the fanbase wanted him gone, yet there were still those few that bought into the sales tactics. I apply the same rule of thumb here. Simply put - they don't know better.
College football has changed- i dont even think Miami can compete in todays college football with such a small private school....i wouldnt expect to see the U win shit anytime soon...the game has gone too far towards the Goliath programs like OSU....when OSU can just go into Florida with impunity and steal guys like Bosa its over for the small private schools like Miami.

OSU- just in THIS draft class for example- Zeke Elliot from St. Loius- Joey Bosa from Florida, Eli Apple from NJ....Vonn Bell from Georgia....they have the resources to recruit anywhere and everywhere. Its why this years OSU draft class will go down as likely the most prolific in College Football History if you look at the numbers.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football has changed- i dont even think Miami can compete in todays college football with such a small private school...

Notre Dame, Baylor, and TCU seem to be doing alright:noidea:

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Smart, one of the worst three-point shooters in the league, has made four tonight. Not a good night for the Hawks so far. :L

Status
Not open for further replies.