• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Specifically, we set out to maximize the odds of acquiring star players using all three available methods of acquiring players (draft, free agency, and trade).
1. Draft: invest in the deepest pool of star players—young players via the NBA Draft.

2. Free Agency: maintain financial flexibility to assume contract liabilities of other teams to acquire picks and prospects and move quickly toward special opportunities in signings/trade.

3. Trade: gather attractive, improving players to (best case) develop to win games for the Sixers, or (worst case) trade for better players or players likely to improve at a faster rate.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked the same on tv. It was a better game than I expected.

Did they discuss the taunting/baiting Whiteside was getting?
Portis was really trying to stir up some shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not reading that.
I heard it was 13 pages?
Of course to you, that's just a table of contents.
13 pages is NOTHING

i was doing caselaw research and must have read a 100 cases on banking law and commercial paper and a banks liability for cashing an unauthorized check....

13 pages on sports is freaking like reading a tweet.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Specifically, we set out to maximize the odds of acquiring star players using all three available methods of acquiring players (draft, free agency, and trade).
1. Draft: invest in the deepest pool of star players—young players via the NBA Draft.

2. Free Agency: maintain financial flexibility to assume contract liabilities of other teams to acquire picks and prospects and move quickly toward special opportunities in signings/trade.

3. Trade: gather attractive, improving players to (best case) develop to win games for the Sixers, or (worst case) trade for better players or players likely to improve at a faster rate.

IMO, what they are doing won't work because they have no veteran leadership to teach.
Didn't they have to bring in Elton Brand?
Example, if Whiteside were on Philly vs the Heat, chances are we'd still have never heard of him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really. He does a great job of not getting involved in that garbage. Nice to see he growing up.

Spo also defended him for that T tonight. I thought it was garbage as well. He got slapped in the head and ended up as a 6 point swing. Refs need to learn how to be human at that point. You just missed a crucial call. Obviously the player will be angry and you shouldn't have a quick hook when you know you just blew a call

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 pages is NOTHING

i was doing caselaw research and must have read a 100 cases on banking law and commercial paper and a banks liability for cashing an unauthorized check....

That's why my kid switched to Pharmacy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that I heard. I'm sure they were trying every trick in the book though. Desperate team doing whatever they could to stay alive.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. He does a great job of not getting involved in that garbage. Nice to see he growing up.

Spo also defended him for that T tonight. I thought it was garbage as well. He got slapped in the head and ended up as a 6 point swing. Refs need to learn how to be human at that point. You just missed a crucial call. Obviously the player will be angry and you shouldn't have a quick hook when you know you just blew a call

Agree.
Ref should have had a deaf ear, turned and walked away.
That was clearly a foul in a critical time.

And I'm not blaming the refs, they miss calls both ways, all the time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, what they are doing won't work because they have no veteran leadership to teach.
Didn't they have to bring in Elton Brand?
Example, if Whiteside were on Philly vs the Heat, chances are we'd still have never heard of him.
i totally agree with that.....

its why I feel bad for Hinkie in a way because i truly believe that this summer was going to be the summer where they finally went from "Asset Acquisition Mode" to "Making the Pieces fit" mode....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I heard. I'm sure they were trying every trick in the book though. Desperate team doing whatever they could to stay alive.

He goes through it almost every game.
He's done a great job keeping his cool, except once.
Last night was about as bad as I've seen all season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i totally agree with that.....

its why I feel bad for Hinkie in a way because i truly believe that this summer was going to be the summer where they finally went from "Asset Acquisition Mode" to "Making the Pieces fit" mode....

Wasn't Hinkle making the draft decisions?
If so, he did a pretty shitty job.
They earned the opportunity to gather these assets.
You need someone making the choices, to make good ones.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know what i would have done differently to be honest....if your hinkie would u have drafted differently?

Id have probably taken Noel if he fell to 7....

Id have probably taken Embiid at 3...though- thats obviously debatable- Marcus Smart mightve been the guy for me i guess..or maybe Exum.....

Instead of Jahlil Okafor who do you take? of course NOW id take Porzingis- but at the time Okafor at 3 made sense....

He took Saric at like 13 which is going to end up being a steal once he comes out...

he did draft and develop a few good second rounders

i just dont know how much i would have done THAT much differently other to be honest...the cupboard WAS BEYOND bare--- Bynum was awful- and they traded multiple first rounders and Vucevic to get him...they were totally fucked....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are a lawyer and you have the patience and intelligence to work on UCC and bankruptcy/fiance type stuff you are worth your weight in gold but their is nothing more tedious and mind-numbing. UCC is the devil. This is one of the statutes im looking at today...seriously- what fuck does that really mean?

Lawriter - ORC - 1304.57 Authorized and verified payment orders - UCC 4A-202. UGHHH....

He actually would have the patience and is smart enough.
He just wasn't interested enough.
No way to know though, until you actually do it.
He was miserable.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know what i would have done differently to be honest....if your hinkie would u have drafted differently?

Id have probably taken Noel if he fell to 7....

Id have probably taken Embiid at 3...though- thats obviously debatable- Marcus Smart mightve been the guy for me i guess..or maybe Exum.....

Instead of Jahlil Okafor who do you take? of course NOW id take Porzingis- but at the time Okafor at 3 made sense....

He took Saric at like 13 which is going to end up being a steal once he comes out...

he did draft and develop a few good second rounders

i just dont know how much i would have done THAT much differently other to be honest...the cupboard WAS BEYOND bare--- Bynum was awful- and they traded multiple first rounders and Vucevic to get him...they were totally fucked....

I'm not even going to try to rethink or rehash all they've done, but didn't they draft, then trade the ROY?
And, it seems to me they draft heavy front court and ignore backcourt.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He goes through it almost every game.
He's done a great job keeping his cool, except once.
Last night was about as bad as I've seen all season.

Well, he does have a rep as a hothead, so guys are going to try and get him to flip his shit. If he keeps handling things like he has been, they'll eventually stop.

In a way, it's a compliment to how he's grown as a player. Teams want to get him out of the game so they don't have to deal with him.

I thought his comment about getting tackled was pretty hilarious.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what i fucking hate about you and bksballer and trojan-- you critizice and say stupid things but never offer- what the solution might be- or what you would have done different in their shoes...

its just criticize, criticize, criticize and followed by some general BS statement like that above

i mean- its either- you really dont know anything, or your just too lazy to care and dont really have any qualms about criticizing without even trying to make a point of your own. They dealt Michael Carter Williams- who is a PG that cant shoot in a league where if your PG doesnt shoot your in some trouble- and MCW has pretty much sucked and lost his job since he was dealt-- and FOR HIM- they got a Lakers pick that could be PURE FREAKING GOLD- that deal- the MCW deal the ROOKIE OF THE YEAR deal- id probably argue is one of the VERY BEST Hinkie has pulled off and one of the very best in the last 3-4 years in the ENTIRE league.

I don't give a fuck about Philly or what they do.
I'm not spending hours analyzing them.
By memory though, I questioned there picks.
Didn't they draft players who were injured, needed surgery, etc?

There total tank plan for the future stunts the growth of the present.
IMO, put some vets around the youth, win 25-30 games, you're still in the lotto..
At least be entertaining.
If I was one of the young supposed studs that was drafted the last couple years, I'd be out of there at first opportunity.
They've been turned into a laughing stock.

And please, coming from you, that's a compliment.
You're all over the road on every topic trying to find a twist or spin your way and usually there isn't one.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 pages is NOTHING

No one gives a shit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hinkie did a really shitty job. When it's all said and done, all of this tanking that's been going on for 3 years, the only real assets that they have are Noel and Okafor. They've stock piled bigs (Embiid looks to be the next injury bust) without addressing other positions like guard and small forward.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are a lawyer and you have the patience and intelligence to work on UCC and bankruptcy/fiance type stuff you are worth your weight in gold but their is nothing more tedious and mind-numbing. UCC is the devil. This is one of the statutes im looking at today...seriously- what fuck does that really mean?

Lawriter - ORC - 1304.57 Authorized and verified payment orders - UCC 4A-202. UGHHH....

Scanned it over. It's a binding legal document that states Hassan Whiteside is better than Tristan Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.