• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to @logic

Your boys are back in the playoffs. First time since 09 I believe

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point exactly. If Whiteside attempted 20 shots nightly, he would avg 25+ PPG. You take 20 shots as a Center, it should be expected to score at minimum 25 PPG.

Mecca keeps saying he knows his sports. I think she's just feels sorry for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a center with a good offensive game. He should be around 60%.
ya know how many centers shoot 60% that have as many FGA's as Vucevic? zero. big fat zero. He shoots over 16 shots a game

only 3 centers shoot 60% or more- and none of them take 10 attempts a game- Jordan at over 70 percent, Howard at 62% and Whiteside at 61%.

Towns at 14 attempts a game and 54%--- not only that- but Towns does take 1 3pt a game.....hes freaking AMAZING....honestly...after Drummond- id have to probably go with Towns....maybe even Towns first...hes unreal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not the idiot that says a center "should" shoot 60% when there are 3 centers in the ENTIRE NBA that do that- and not even one of them gets 10 attempts per game.

this isnt the 1980s Trojanfan.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know how many centers shoot 60% that have as many FGA's as Vucevic? zero. big fat zero. He shoots over 16 shots a game

only 3 centers shoot 60% or more- and none of them take 10 attempts a game- Jordan at over 70 percent, Howard at 62% and Whiteside at 61%.

Towns at 14 attempts a game and 54%--- not only that- but Towns does take 1 3pt a game.....hes freaking AMAZING....honestly...after Drummond- id have to probably go with Towns....maybe even Towns first...hes unreal.

I said around 60%. Vucevic shoots 51% for his career. He also has recent games where he has shot as high as 80% on 15 shots.

When most of your shots are in the paint, as they are for most centers, they should be in that range. Centers today, don't necessarily do it as often because they shoot from outside more than in the past. 60% for a big just isn't that impressive. Show me a small forward or shooting guard that shoots 60% in a 20 shot game and then I'll be impressed.

Shaq had seasons where he averaged 60% or better and shot 58% for his career.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not the idiot that says a center "should" shoot 60% when there are 3 centers in the ENTIRE NBA that do that- and not even one of them gets 10 attempts per game.

this isnt the 1980s Trojanfan.

No, you're a much bigger idiot than that. Your lack of basketball and general sports knowledge is on display here on a daily basis. Yet, you insist on showing up here every day that doesn't follow a Cavs loss to show us all how clueless you are.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said around 60%. Vucevic shoots 51% for his career. He also has recent games where he has shot as high as 80% on 15 shots.

When most of your shots are in the paint, as they are for most centers, they should be in that range. Centers today, don't necessarily do it as often because they shoot from outside more than in the past. 60% for a big just isn't that impressive. Show me a small forward or shooting guard that shoots 60% in a 20 shot game and then I'll be impressed.

Shaq had seasons where he averaged 60% or better and shot 58% for his career.
Shaquille O NEal did not shoot 60% for his career- but 60% isnt that impressive.....THREE guys in the NBA that are centers are currently over 60%- and not one is a volume shooter.

think of what you just said. If someone shot 2% better than Shaq did for his career- that wouldnt impress you apparently , lol.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only good thing about the Heat in terms of possibly not having HCA is that they always play close games on the road even when they lose. Hopefully in the playoffs, Wade and Johnson playoffs experience can win them some tight road playoffs games

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaquille O NEal did not shoot 60% for his career- but 60% isnt that impressive.....THREE guys in the NBA that are centers are currently over 60%- and not one is a volume shooter.

think of what you just said. If someone shot 2% better than Shaq did for his career- that wouldnt impress you apparently , lol.....

A center shooting 60% for 1 game isn't that impressive. Also I guess you missed the part where I said he averaged over 60% shooting for some entire seasons. Amazing how you complain about people not reading your posts.

As usual, you are wrong and rather than just admit it or drop it, you want to continue making a fool of yourself. But go ahead and continue because everyone on here enjoys laughing at you and seeing you get clowned.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should be interesting down the stretch....

Heat have: Magic, Celtics, Pistons

Hawks have: Washington, Cleveland Boston

Boston has: Milwaukee, Heat, Atlanta, Charlotte (pretty tough)

Charlotte: Washington, Boston, Orlando....

lot of teams playing eachother still...interesting....

Atlanta 9 back
Boston 9 1/2
Charlotte 10
Miami 10

should be a good finish...im just glad these teams all have to play their balls off down the stretch- especially the older vets on these teams...

looks like my prediction of the Heat being the 6th seed is going to end up being pretty damn close....if not spot fucking on.

You're so full of shit on your 'spot on prediction' nonsense.
You bet me that the Heat were basically going to be around a .500 team nearing the end of Feb.
Until tonight, we had a shot for 50 wins.
If we end up 6, which I doubt, it's strictly coincidence and a numbers game between a few teams all having similar seasons.
And again, your demise prediction was when we still had Bosh.
So really, you are pretty much 'spot off'.

And, as far as tonight, the Heat were favored by 2 points.
It is disappointing, but really isn't even considered an upset.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so full of shit on your 'spot on prediction' nonsense.
You bet me that the Heat were basically going to be around a .500 team nearing the end of Feb.
Until tonight, we had a shot for 50 wins.
If we end up 6, which I doubt, it's strictly coincidence and a numbers game between a few teams all having similar seasons.
And again, your demise prediction was when we still had Bosh.
So really, you are pretty much 'spot off'.

Yep. I wanted us to go 4-0 this week but had a feeling we would lose to Chicago or Orlando.

As for your other point, pretty sure every heat fan would have took a 47 to 49 win season if you asked us back in October so the regular season was a success

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are spoiled by the durability of James. He has never missed a playoff game. Not once ... ever. His teams have played in 178 postseason games, and he's played them all.

He's averaged 42.5 minutes per postseason game -- resting an average of 5.5 minutes.

A major part of ability is durability. James has been on the court for huge minutes in the games that have meant the most. So I don't anticipate the Cavs having to play a postseason game without their future Hall-of-Famer. He is in tremendous physical condition, much better than a year ago when he carried the Cavs to The Finals.

Much has been written and discussed about how the offense and defense runs through James. No doubt about that. That's especially true this season, where he has been named the Eastern Conference Player of the Month for February and March. He is an incredible force, turning the Cavs into contenders.

Like so many, Smith benefits from the defensive attention given to James -- and his ability to pass to open teammates.

Defensively, his presence simply demands more from his teammates. That's especially true when James has his defense in high gear.

But perhaps the most remarkable part of looking at the Cavs with and without James is how he has never missed a playoff game. And he probably won't this season.

I got some more stats.
He's 2-8 in Finals game in a Cavs jersey, and 2-4 overall in Finals appearances.
He does lead the world in being so drained after every Finals win that he needs to lie on the court and show the world, but has plenty of energy to run off the court, pissed, after every loss.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got some more stats.
He's 2-8 in Finals game in a Cavs jersey, and 2-4 overall in Finals appearances.
He does lead the world in being so drained after every Finals win that he needs to lie on the court and show the world, but has plenty of energy to run off the court, pissed, after every loss.

He leads all finals participants for menstrual cramps too, doesn't he?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i know- in the grand scheme i dont think your that much better than the MAgic- and honestly- if i was the GM and had my choice of which team id rather take over going forward- id probably have to take Orlando...Orlando has what i think is a good coach, a lot of solid young players, some extra draft assets (including an incoming first orund pick from the Lakers- which is pretty much solid GOLD), plenty of cap space...as opposed to old, hurt and guys with no bird rights...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I wanted us to go 4-0 this week but had a feeling we would lose to Chicago or Orlando.

As for your other point, pretty sure every heat fan would have took a 47 to 49 win season if you asked us back in October so the regular season was a success

I predicted less, and that was assuming we'd have Bosh.

As far as the playoffs, I really wanted HC because of the youth of Whiteside, Winslow and Rchardson.
Historically youth doesn't fare well on the road.
Other then that, I really don't think it's a big deal either way, because I would expect to win game 1 or 2 against any of those teams anyway.
The issue is winning that 2nd road game if you don't take care of business at home.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know- in the grand scheme i dont think your that much better than the MAgic- and honestly- if i was the GM and had my choice of which team id rather take over going forward- id probably have to take Orlando...Orlando has what i think is a good coach, a lot of solid young players, some extra draft assets (including an incoming first orund pick from the Lakers- which is pretty much solid GOLD), plenty of cap space...as opposed to old, hurt and guys with no bird rights...

I won't respond.
I'll just laugh.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yes:

Now let's see if they can make it fun against Cleveland or Toronto.

I hope so. I think Cleveland takes them out in 5 with some close games. I can see them taking Toronto to 6

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando good young players:

PG- Elfrid Payton
Combo guard- Victor Oladipo
Center- Nikola Vucevic
PF- Aaron Gordon

those 4 guys are all 4 very good young players....Fournier and Hezonja give them some really good young shooters....extra Lakers first rounder that is top 5 than unprotected...bunch of cap room....not a bad situation at all

Miami has what?

a 24 million dollar paper weight in Bosh

Wade and his detoriating shot and knees

Whiteside and Johnson- neither have Bird Rights- both are due huge raises.....

We all know the Heat have traded every possible pick they are allowed to trade from now until the next decade begins and even further into that....

as far as young players that are controllable- they have Winslow and Richardson....and Tyler Johnson if they want to bring him back as restricted.....which is not terrlb-e but you obviously dont have a possible or 1 or even 2....

so yah...going forward...give me the tons of solid young players, tons of picks, and tons of cap space

Status
Not open for further replies.