• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I don't know, stocking up on youthful talent, not drafting players like anthony bennett, and not giving below-than-average players $82m contracts.

Getting a #1 pick for a 2 month rental of Ramon Sessions was a nice move.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes zero sense. So because one person's team sucks, it automatically means that he can't properly gauge how another team compares in terms of title contention? Good logic there. I seriously wonder how you're going to fair as a lawyer. Because your logic is seriously lacking.

Much of his pay will go to fines for being in contempt of court.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"not measuring up" - WTF does that even mean?

It means:

One of these is not like the others:

Lakers = 16 titles
Spurs = 5 titles
Heat = 3 titles
Warriors = 2 titles
Cavs = 0 titles

Cavs don't measure up.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost willing to bet the Lakers win another championship before the Cavs do.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyway back to basketball that actually matters

"Regardless of what anybody else says of what we need and what we don't need and what we need to get better at -- us, internally, we know that we have to improve on a lot of things, but we've just got to handle business as professionals and continue to get better."

Irving was then asked if he meant that Cleveland was the team to beat in the East or in the entire league, over the likes of the Golden State Warriors and San Antonio Spurs.

"I feel like we're the team to beat," Irving said. "I mean, honestly, it's open season until we get into the playoffs, so I have a lot more confidence than I think anyone realizes in our team and what's going on in our locker room."

Playing through an illness Thursday, Irving scored 10 points on 4-for-14 shooting and had three assists for the Cavs, who lead the Eastern Conference by 2½ games over the Toronto Raptors.

Nevertheless, James generally agreed with Irving's statement.

"I think we're all confident in our ability when we're playing at a high level," James said. "We want to continue to use the games to continue to get better as the postseason starts if we can and make a run at it."

He then said he has "no idea" why the Cavs, despite their strong record, have the reputation of a struggling team.

"One thing for me, I can control what I can control, and that's just how well our team prepares and goes out every night," James said. "I don't think there's been too much bad. I think people get caught up on what's going on on the outside, and I focus on what needs to be done inside the locker room.

"For me, I don't get caught up in it too much, because I don't listen to it or hear or watch it. I don't really watch any sports with the volume up. I think how you want to approach it and how you want to be perceived or whatever the case may be, but we've had a damn good season to this point, and we want to continue that."

Tyronn Lue disagrees with Kyrie............

Tyronn Lue on Kyrie Irving's "team to beat" comment: "Well, I think with the team that we have, I think the team is really confident. When he says, 'the team to beat,' I would say, 'the team to beat in the East.' I wouldn't say overall because Golden State won the championship last year. So they're the team to beat and they have the best record in the NBA right now.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost willing to bet the Lakers win another championship before the Cavs do.

interesting bet...

I'D be down for that one. after all, the Cavs should be good enough to contend for titles for years to come according to Wiggy, so waiting for the Lakers talent to match up SHOULDN'T be a big deal...

after all, Gilbert can simply outspend the Cavs to multiple rings, right...?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means:

Lakers = 16 titles
Spurs = 5 titles
Heat = 3 titles
Warriors = 2 titles
Cabs = 0 titles

Cavs don't measure up.

I like how you listed LA-LA Land # 1 even though Boston has more titles.:nod:

CELTICS IN SEVEN!:hope:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you listed LA-LA Land # 1 even though Boston has more titles.:nod:

CELTICS IN SEVEN!:hope:
i can understand how the old guys like looking back and focusing on the past- especially when the present is so bleak.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means:

Lakers = 16 titles
Spurs = 5 titles
Heat = 3 titles
Warriors = 2 titles
Cabs = 0 titles
Clippers=:boom:
Cavs don't measure up.

Didn't want to feel left out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can understand how the old guys like looking back and focusing on the past- especially when the present is so bleak.

And the Cavs' present is so great? Well done, you've lost another NBA finals - here's your participation ribbon.

Your sad little team is basically a ticking time bomb away from a lebron injury and then you're back to losing a LOT again. Without any future because you're over the cap for the next 5 years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Calm down there ya Cavalier Crusader! Here's a quick reminder for ya...

-CELTICS: 17 championships
-
LAKERS: 16 championships

-
CAVS: LeBron's 3 High School title trophies (and he should have won 4 but he passed the damn ball & let Cincinnati Roger Bacon HS beat his St. V / St. M squad his jr. year)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe the Cavs overall present situation is the same as 28 other current NBA teams.
Their season ended with a loss.

And currently, we have a 2-1 season series win over the Cavs this year.

If the Heat end up with 4 or more playoff wins this year, the season is acceptable.
If the Cavs don't get to 16 wins its :exploding:

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyronn Lue disagrees with Kyrie............

Tyronn Lue on Kyrie Irving's "team to beat" comment: "Well, I think with the team that we have, I think the team is really confident. When he says, 'the team to beat,' I would say, 'the team to beat in the East.' I wouldn't say overall because Golden State won the championship last year. So they're the team to beat and they have the best record in the NBA right now.

Day 1 after your comment Kyrie is "playing with illness".
#kissofdeath

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Cavs present situation is the same as 28 other current NBA teams.
Their season ended with a loss.

Being the LeBron Hater that you are do you have the Cleveland LeBron's getting bounced in the 1st round? And will Michael Beasley help your Miami Heat win the title this year?:D

:peep:

Status
Not open for further replies.