• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSW is gonna be worn out for a long season last season - a long season of chasing the record this season- and a long playoffs.....

LeBron is RESTING right now- the Cavs will CAKEWALK through the LEast--- and sometime in the middle of June i will take a day or two off work- attend the parade and post-parade coronation of The King- probably get blacked out and wake up in a strange place with a girl well below my standards, throw up in her bathroom- go back to my place and watch sportscenter reruns for hours on end.

Maybe if it were a Older Team, like last year's Spurs.

Curry/Thompson/Draymond/Barnes are still young, and worse, getting better.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously...from what i have read the Lakers front office is just now finally entering the modern NBA- but for a long time they were WAAAAAAAAAAY behind in using analytics and advanced statistics- typically characterized as the slowest to adapt in the entire league.

I think he means from a talent evaluation, chemistry standpoint.

Jerry was the best.

Kobe and Shaq disliked each other, personally.

But, they were a DEVASTATING 1-2 punch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if it were a Older Team, like last year's Spurs.

Curry/Thompson/Draymond/Barnes are still young, and worse, getting better.
Iggy will never repeat what he did last year...they need him so bad too...hes a big time key for them against the Cavs...honestly- after curry- against the Cavs at least- i think iggy is their most important player....

Draymond can be countered with KLove--- All KI has to do is make sure Thompson doesnt go off from the 3 pt line (and have Shump or Delly on Curry)...

Iggy is (to quote the donald) YUUUUUUGE for them in a Cavs series- and the dude is a year older, has had some injury issues...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard news from a guy that knows people within dubs org. Said that they will look to replace barnes with Parsons or atleast will want to get a "meet" with him if barnes is asking for to much money. That would be a interesting add, he's much better than Barnes IMO

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy will never repeat what he did last year...they need him so bad too...hes a big time key for them against the Cavs...honestly- after curry- against the Cavs at least- i think iggy is their most important player....

Draymond can be countered with KLove--- All KI has to do is make sure Thompson doesnt go off from the 3 pt line (and have Shump or Delly on Curry)...

Iggy is (to quote the donald) YUUUUUUGE for them in a Cavs series- and the dude is a year older, has had some injury issues...

Iggy is our 4th best player after curry, klay, green. Also Kevin love making sure thompson doesn't go off on him? that doesnt sound like a good recipe as much as i like love on offense

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard news from a guy that knows people within dubs org. Said that they will look to replace barnes with Parsons or atleast will want to get a "meet" with him if barnes is asking for to much money. That would be a interesting add, he's much better than Barnes IMO
Barnes is unquestionably talented but i have serious questions about his desire to be great....i dont think he is a #2 on a contending team EVER in his career...maybe not even a #3..i dunno- POSSIBLY a #3 i suppose...

that 2012 draft pissed me off....

The CAvs got the 4th pick--- the top 3 on their board were locked in- Davis, MKG, Beal.....

after that they had no clue--- Drummond was a big time risk for how he played at UCONN, Lillard was an undersized guard from a small school that played a position they already had covered....they didnt like Barnes' drive and desire.....i know they had no intention to look at Thomas Robinson.....Waiters just kinda sprung up there i guess

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy is our 4th best player after curry, klay, green. Also Kevin love making sure thompson doesn't go off on him? that doesnt sound like a good recipe as much as i like love on offense
KI on Thompson.....

I ll let Thompson get his from inside the 3 pt line.....in previous games- and correct me if i am wrong- but in the Thompson in the Finals was kinda quiet and i think it was because the Cavs just sat on the 3 pt line and said if he wants to drive he can drive and get whatever but they werent gonna let him beat them from the 3 pt line...as poor as KI is at defense at times he can certainly camp out on the 3pt line.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes is unquestionably talented but i have serious questions about his desire to be great....i dont think he is a #2 on a contending team EVER in his career...maybe not even a #3..i dunno- POSSIBLY a #3 i suppose...

that 2012 draft pissed me off....

The CAvs got the 4th pick--- the top 3 on their board were locked in- Davis, MKG, Beal.....

after that they had no clue--- Drummond was a big time risk for how he played at UCONN, Lillard was an undersized guard from a small school that played a position they already had covered....they didnt like Barnes' drive and desire.....i know they had no intention to look at Thomas Robinson.....Waiters just kinda sprung up there i guess

Barnes just isnt that great to me honestly other than being a decent small ball option. He can't break anyone down on defense either. Parsons is much better at that

Reactions: LAD

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously...from what i have read the Lakers front office is just now finally entering the modern NBA- but for a long time they were WAAAAAAAAAAY behind in using analytics and advanced statistics- typically characterized as the slowest to adapt in the entire league.

And that has to do with Jerry West and my post how? Troll on there my man.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KI on Thompson.....

I ll let Thompson get his from inside the 3 pt line.....in previous games- and correct me if i am wrong- but in the Thompson in the Finals was kinda quiet and i think it was because the Cavs just sat on the 3 pt line and said if he wants to drive he can drive and get whatever but they werent gonna let him beat them from the 3 pt line...as poor as KI is at defense at times he can certainly camp out on the 3pt line.

Oh whoops didn't see irving my bad. But i guess only time will tell what he does in the playoffs. I'm not worried at all about green or Steph in the playoffs, also iggy tends to turn it up in the playoffs, he costs during the season

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh whoops didn't see irving my bad. But i guess only time will tell what he does in the playoffs. I'm not worried at all about green or Steph in the playoffs, also iggy tends to turn it up in the playoffs, he costs during the season
Coasts*

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jerry was the best.

Other than mentioning his son, my post had nothing to do with the Lakers front office or their perceived history with advanced analytics. I wouldn't expect Wiggy to know much about Ryan West or another sharp young man in the organization; Joey Buss. Both embrace the modern and learned from the some of the best.

Jerry West is a genius at talent evaluation. I don't think that can be denied. He's not much for analytics though....

“All of the analytical guys that have started to play a big role in it, and frankly, I’m not a big analytical person,” West told Sirius XM on Friday. “Give me the best players, and give me a great coach, and we’ll beat these analytically-based organizations all the time.

“And I know they have their role. I know they have their place in basketball. But I see a lot of teams that follow that line, and I don’t see a lot of success there.

“I’m not knocking analytical people at all. But just give me the best players, and give me the best competitors, and I will show you a team that has a great chance to win every year.”

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry was the best.

Jerry said is his book that he thought he could have kept Shaq & Kobe together if he was still in charge with Lakers. He would have sat them down and made each of them understand their unique opportunity to win more championships if they stayed together. It was the kind of thing Jerry probably could have done - that Mitch could not have.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry said is his book that he thought he could have kept Shaq & Kobe together if he was still in charge with Lakers. He would have sat them down and made each of them understand their unique opportunity to win more championships if they stayed together. It was the kind of thing Jerry probably could have done - that Mitch could not have.
the Golden Rule of the NBA is that you simply do not trade a dollar bill for 4 quarters.....its ALMOST ALWAYS a poor move that sets your franchise back.--- people that advocate for trading a Star for pieces really are clueless 90% of the time.

Like on the Cavs---sure they could trade Love or Irving----- but they already have Shumpert, Delly, Thompson, Frye, Mo Williams etc....what? what are they gonna get 2 or 3 guys for Love or Irving than all of a sudden have 12 guys they have to play?

it just doesnt make ANY sense- unless you have just a paper thin roster like Riley gave LeBron that last year in Miami-- at that point Miami had dealt a ton of picks and had basically no assets to add to their team- that and Arison being cheap- so if LeBron stayed maybe in THAT situation i could see the trading of Bosh to get pieces...

but what pieces for Irving or Love are the Cavs gonna get that are head and shoulders above Shumpert, Thompson, Delly, Smith, Mo, Frye etc.? IT simply doesnt make sense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy was just INSANE during that series. LeBron looked DEAD near the end of that series which certainly did not help- but Iggy was great.

LeBron should be in a lot better shape physically this time around.

I really HOPE the Cavs and Warriors play again. Its what EVERYONE wants to see. IT would be great for the league.

dont you agree that hte League, the Networks....heck - i think most of the PLAYERS want to see a Cavs/Warriors Finals.

it would be the best for hte health of the league.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Few things:

1) Iggy hasn't been injury prone. He's missed a game here or there mainly for rest, but his recent injury was when Dame pulled a Delly rolled up on his ankle while diving for a ball. They are taking extra precaution with him because as you said he's very important to the team.

2) There is no way Draymond can be countered by Love. For one, Love cannot guard Draymond, while Dray could absolutely guard him. Love has gotten eaten up in the Pick and Roll game, which is the Warriors strength.

3) Iguodala is a year older, but really his main job is just to defend Lebron. Any offensive production from him is a bonus. Klay was dead in the series last year, and I would doubt that would happen again.

4) Draymond is easily the second most important player to the team, besides Curry.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State will be just fine. They aren't going to be worn down. These are elite athletes in their primes and don't have near the mileage that Lebron does. What evidence have you seen that Golden State is wearing down?

Just more of Wiggy trying to convince himself.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Golden Rule of the NBA is that you simply do not trade a dollar bill for 4 quarters.....its ALMOST ALWAYS a poor move that sets your franchise back.--- people that advocate for trading a Star for pieces really are clueless 90% of the time.

If a star wants to force his way out via trade, the team is left with no option but to trade a dollar for 4 quarters. Teams don't typically voluntarily trade a star for a bunch of role players.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Highly likely that Jerry Buss tried to do just that. He had just as good of chance as Jerry West would have. It was too late at that point. Their relationship was too fractured and the front office had to make a choice.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSW is gonna be worn out for a long season last season - a long season of chasing the record this season- and a long playoffs.....

LeBron is RESTING right now- the Cavs will CAKEWALK through the LEast--- and sometime in the middle of June i will take a day or two off work- attend the parade and post-parade coronation of The King- probably get blacked out and wake up in a strange place with a girl well below my standards, throw up in her bathroom- go back to my place and watch sportscenter reruns for hours on end.

LOL, okay. The Warrirors starting 5 has a large number of games where some don't even see the 4th quarter.

Boy you're setting yourself up for a heart breaking situation. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.