• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
You heading down to see Beasley tonight?

And are Cavs resting players?
They are only 2pt favorites

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think the accomplishment of bringing a title Cleveland - particularly in this season - is only going to be remarkable or meaningful or impactful to the people of Ohio... I think you're being blinded by the dynamics of this forum.

We've said people of Ohio would care, and nobody else would.
Why would we/ they?

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is 5-2 in the finals. But go ahead and keep thinking it's about individual awards.

Let's not forget about Duncan either. He was a choke job away from being 6-0 in the Finals. Still though, 5-1 ain't bad.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget about Duncan either. He was a choke job away from being 6-0 in the Finals. Still though, 5-1 ain't bad.

Heatles!? Never thought I'd see a Heat fan trying to qualify that title.

If we qualified every championship that hinged on a close game, on a possession, on a shot... we'd be wasting a lot of time and ink every time we discussed any team or player's championship record.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've said people of Ohio would care, and nobody else would.
Why would we/ they?

Because it would be a significant event. Because they are fans of NBA. Because they know NBA history.

Not saying people would enjoy it or root for it or like it (although there are a lot of non-cavs, non-LeBron fans that would)... but it would be a very memorable part of this year's season, imo. Especially given the season the Warriors and Spurs are having.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think the accomplishment of bringing a title Cleveland - particularly in this season - is only going to be remarkable or meaningful or impactful to the people of Ohio... I think you're being blinded by the dynamics of this forum.

I am of the belief that one Championship for a Team like the Cavs, Clippers , or any other Historically downtrodden Franchise is worth multiple elsewhere.

But, it won't vault Lebron to Jordan status.

It wouldn't even put him above Duncan.

Now, two or three?

Different story.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it would be a significant event. Because they are fans of NBA. Because they know NBA history.

Not saying people would enjoy it or root for it or like it (although there are a lot of non-cavs, non-LeBron fans that would)... but it would be a very memorable part of this year's season, imo. Especially given the season the Warriors and Spurs are having.

I agree.

If any Team not the Warriors or Spurs win, it would be one of the biggest upsets in NBA history, unless the 2 frontrunners had catastrophic injuries.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heatles!? Never thought I'd see a Heat fan trying to qualify that title.

If we qualified every championship that hinged on a close game, on a possession, on a shot... we'd be wasting a lot of time and ink every time we discussed any team or player's championship record.

Sorry, gordon. But titles aren't the end all be all of the GOAT argument - but they're the most important factor. There have been a number of MVP races that ended in controversy - Lebron should've won it over Rose in 2010, but the media liked the Derrick Rose story and Lebron was dealing with the after math of the decision. Dwayne Wade had his best year in 2008 where he posted a better statistical year than Lebron, yet Lebron won the MVP. Hell, Jordan got screwed out of the MVP in '93, so the league MVP argument is tired and flawed.

Also, constantly bringing up role players like Kerr and Horry is lame and lazy. They both were the greatest role players and had the luxury of playing with some all-time greats. Wiggy's lame ass jokes that the ring argument means that Horry is greater than Barkley - NO. Horry's classified as a role player, Barkley an all-star. The reason why you don't see Barkley compared to Duncan, Jordan, Bird, Kareem, etc. is because he's missing something those guys have - RINGS!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan, Kareem, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Duncan are still out of reach unless he wins, at least, 2 more.

That still might not be enough for some.

But, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt to entertain the thought of anyone not Jordan or Magic.

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan, Kareem, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Duncan are still out of reach unless he wins, at least, 2 more.

That still might not be enough for some.

But, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt to entertain the thought of anyone not Jordan or Magic.

Thing about Duncan is, you have to start looking at Finals MVP when it comes to Jordan. Jordan was clearly the most important player on his teams. Yes, Duncan was the catalyst for the Spurs long-running dynasty, but he's been the Finals MVP 2 or 3 times of his 5 titles. If the Spurs win it this year he may not even be the third best player on his team (Leonard, Aldridge, Parker).

What people fail to realize, is comparing resumes isn't black and white. It takes logical reasoning as well being able to compare situations. Hell, if was so simple we could say Bill Russell is the greatest with 11 titles. Even though he played against scrub competition.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing about Duncan is, you have to start looking at Finals MVP when it comes to Jordan. Jordan was clearly the most important player on his teams. Yes, Duncan was the catalyst for the Spurs long-running dynasty, but he's been the Finals MVP 2 or 3 times of his 5 titles. If the Spurs win it this year he may not even be the third best player on his team (Leonard, Aldridge, Parker).

What people fail to realize, is comparing resumes isn't black and white. It takes logical reasoning as well being able to compare situations. Hell, if was so simple we could say Bill Russell is the greatest with 11 titles. Even though he played against scrub competition.

Yes, I agree that he is in the supporting cast now.

But, Duncan's resume is still better than Lebron's.

5 rings, 2 league MVP's, 3 Finals Mvp's.....the best power forward in NBA History.

We don't know if Lebron will ever win another Ring, nor MVP.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron is getting close, but that wouldn't elevate him over Magic.

I don't see losing in the Finals as that much of a negative, especially if you get there multiple times and win some. 5, likely 6, straight finals for Lebron is sick. That's tough to do. Magic got there 9 times wining 5. Those finals losses haven't diminished his overall career.

Here's how good Magic's playoff career was....he averaged a triple-double approximately 1 out of every 4 playoff games.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I agree that he is in the supporting cast now.

But, Duncan's resume is still better than Lebron's.

5 rings, 2 league MVP's, 3 Finals Mvp's.....the best power forward in NBA History.

We don't know if Lebron will ever win another Ring, nor MVP.

I completely agree with you, Mecca.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
This look familiar?

revised

1. Cavs
2. Bulls
3. Hawks
4. Bucks
5. Heat
6. Wizards
7. Raptors
8. Pacers

1. Thunder
2. Warriors
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5. Rockets
6. Grizz
7. Pelicans
8. Jazz

ECF- Cavs v. Bulls
WCF- Thunder v. Spurs
Finals- Cavs v. Thunder
Champion- The Cleveland Cavaliers.

And, your awful quite about Whitside.
I'd be curious to see top 10 center rankings as of today.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is getting close, but that wouldn't elevate him over Magic.

I don't see losing in the Finals as that much of a negative, especially if you get there multiple times and win some. 5, likely 6, straight finals for Lebron is sick. That's tough to do. Magic got there 9 times wining 5. Those finals losses haven't diminished his overall career.

Here's how good Magic's playoff career was....he averaged a triple-double approximately 1 out of every 4 playoff games.

Maybe I am looking at it wrong.

As far as Bron and Magic, I will likely never rank Bron ahead of him because he was my favorite player of all time.

But, Jordan.......?

Well, John Elway went to 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, and ended up winning 2 rings later in his career.

Would you ever rank him above Montana?

Yes, it's a hell of a stretch for Bron.

But, he will have to win 8 to be in the Jordan Conversation.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I am looking at it wrong.

As far as Bron and Magic, I will likely never rank Bron ahead of him because he was my favorite player of all time.

But, Jordan.......?

Well, John Elway went to 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, and ended up winning 2 rings later in his career.

Would you ever rank him above Montana?

Yes, it's a hell of a stretch for Bron.

But, he will have to win 8 to be in the Jordan Conversation.

I'll always favor Magic over everyone not named Jordan. I'm a biased Lakers fan and Magic is my favorite player of all time as well. That said, he has the career numbers and achievements to support my position. There weren't many seasons that Magic didn't end up in the Finals, and he was still playing at a high level when he had to retire.

Montana > Elway

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll always favor Magic over everyone not named Jordan. I'm a biased Lakers fan and Magic is my favorite player of all time as well. That said, he has the career numbers and achievements to support my position. There weren't many seasons that Magic didn't end up in the Finals, and he was still playing at a high level when he had to retire.

Montana > Elway

Totally agree.

Fair or not, Magic also has the " What if" factor.....

What if he hadn't gotten sick?

Montana = Goat

It's funny.

I'm actually a Lebron fan.

He is Magic-esque in the way that he can do EVERYTHING on the court.

But, when people try to elevate him above some of the All time greats, before he has the resume to warrant it, it makes me think they are either very young, have short memory spans or just blind homers.

Status
Not open for further replies.