• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, one championship in Cleveland wouldn't elevate him over anyone. It would give him 3 rings and still a losing record in the finals.
you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

If he can deliver Cleveland its first title since '64--- beat a historically good GSW or SAS team- and deliver on his promise to win one for The Land- he BLOWS by Magic, Bird, Kobe etc.....BLOWS BY THEM.....especially when you already have 4 MVP's on the shelf- and a likely 3rd Finals MVP if he would win it. LeBron KNOWS he can turn it all on its head and make EVERYONE look like fools by winning- and the part that I think is by far the most important is that LeBron PHYSICALLY is in a position to do it. Last year LeBron got Finals MVP consideration on the team that lost and he looked COOKED at times physically....this year? Hes gonna drop a nuclear bomb on the East and be ready to cement his legacy in the Finals.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny because his stats are lower in every statistical category this year compared to when he was in Miami.

He can't shoot anymore.
In the playoffs, if teams really focus on keeping him out of the lane, he's going to have to live or die with the others around him making or missing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he can deliver Cleveland its first title since '64--- beat a historically good GSW or SAS team- and deliver on his promise to win one for The Land- he BLOWS by Magic, Bird, Kobe etc.....BLOWS BY THEM.....especially when you already have 4 MVP's on the shelf- and a likely 3rd Finals MVP if he would win it. LeBron KNOWS he can turn it all on its head and make EVERYONE look like fools by winning- and the part that I think is by far the most important is that LeBron PHYSICALLY is in a position to do it. Last year LeBron got Finals MVP consideration on the team that lost and he looked COOKED at times physically....this year? Hes gonna drop a nuclear bomb on the East and be ready to cement his legacy in the Finals.

That might elevate him in Cleveland. It won't mean shit to anyone else about 10 minutes afterwards. Once everyone calms down, he'll be a guy who was 3-4 in the finals.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only that pressure- but the pressure to win a title here crushes people with the long drought.

If LeBron could someone win it - i mean- build the statute and have it done by the time next season rolls out. It would elevate him above all but Jordan by the end of his career no doubt in my mind.

He might be elevated by Cleveland fans above all others, but other fan bases wouldn't give a fuck.
Thing is, and deny it as much as you want, James doesn't give a shit about "The Land".
He cares about himself and he is loyal to his real friends.
Obviously I knew the video I posted last night was from last year, but that doesn't change the fact that James was caught saying on a live mic that if the Cavs don't win, he'll quickly move on to his next best (in his mind) destination. And, that was after being there only a few months.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might elevate him in Cleveland. It won't mean shit to anyone else about 10 minutes afterwards. Once everyone calms down, he'll be a guy who was 3-4 in the finals.
with 4 MVP's and 3 Finals MVP's. at the age of 31.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, that means your now ready to bet that the Cavs win it all?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr, who won three of his five titles as a player alongside Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen with the 1990s Chicago Bulls, has seen nothing like James. Asked if he is today's top athlete, Kerr said, "Can you find another one? Maybe American Pharoah," citing the new Triple Crown horse racing champion.

"He's arguably the best athlete that any of us have seen in terms of size and speed and strength. I mean, he's a force. There are other guys who you can compare over the years, Scottie and Michael come to mind, but LeBron is so unique because of that powerful force and how smart he is, just the impact he makes with his physicality on the game."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr, who won three of his five titles as a player alongside Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen with the 1990s Chicago Bulls, has seen nothing like James. Asked if he is today's top athlete, Kerr said, "Can you find another one? Maybe American Pharoah," citing the new Triple Crown horse racing champion.

"He's arguably the best athlete that any of us have seen in terms of size and speed and strength. I mean, he's a force. There are other guys who you can compare over the years, Scottie and Michael come to mind, but LeBron is so unique because of that powerful force and how smart he is, just the impact he makes with his physicality on the game."

Nobody's ever said James wasn't the most athletic, and he needs to be, because he can't shoot anymore.
Pretty funny how you talk about Wade, but he never could shoot.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, that means your now ready to bet that the Cavs win it all?
Yes. #1 seed- LeBron fully healthy, KI fully healthy--- added to the bench- have faced a ton of adversity throughout the year---- while the West is going to be a slaughterhouse and whoever ends up facing the Cavs is going to be depleted.

I WILL take the bet...as i said in January- im not taking a bet 6 months out- now that i see the Cavs have home court throughout and are fully healthy- with the deepest roster LeBron has ever had? Bring it on.

I willl be GLAD to take your bet as long as you take a Cavs/Heat bet!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Wiggy on this.

If LeBron led the Cavs to a title - especially if it's this year against the Spurs or Warriors... it is NOT just going to be Clevelanders seeing his legacy in a new light.

It would have a huge impact on his legacy across the landscape of NBA history.

IMO, it wouldn't put him into GOAT status at all. 3 championships is still a long way from 6. But there's no doubt it would push him higher up a mountain that he's already pretty damn high on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? It's about rings. Lebron would still be 3-4 in the finals. He will always come up short.
if it was only about Rings Horry would be one of the best of all time

Kobe has 1 MVP....2 Finals MVPS

LeBron at 4 MVPS and 3 Finals MVPs would pass him--- everyone knows LeBron is the better all around player anyway.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Wiggy on this.

If LeBron led the Cavs to a title - especially if it's this year against the Spurs or Warriors... it is NOT just going to be Clevelanders seeing his legacy in a new light.

It would have a huge impact on his legacy across the landscape of NBA history.

IMO, it wouldn't put him into GOAT status at all. 3 championships is still a long way from 6. But there's no doubt it would push him higher up a mountain that he's already pretty damn high on.
no- not GOAT- thats Jordan- you cant beat a 6/6 legacy....everything else is on the table though n odoubt.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it was only about Rings Horry would be one of the best of all time

Kobe has 1 MVP....2 Finals MVPS

LeBron at 4 MVPS and 3 Finals MVPs would pass him--- everyone knows LeBron is the better all around player anyway.

Kobe is 5-2 in the finals. But go ahead and keep thinking it's about individual awards.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. #1 seed- LeBron fully healthy, KI fully healthy--- added to the bench- have faced a ton of adversity throughout the year---- while the West is going to be a slaughterhouse and whoever ends up facing the Cavs is going to be depleted.

I WILL take the bet...as i said in January- im not taking a bet 6 months out- now that i see the Cavs have home court throughout and are fully healthy- with the deepest roster LeBron has ever had? Bring it on.

I willl be GLAD to take your bet as long as you take a Cavs/Heat bet!

You're a pussy.
I never said the Heat would beat the Cavs (let alone without Bosh), but that's your now condition?

Plus, Heat may never play Cavs.

Just take your Cavs vs the Field bet, and then IF the Heat end up playing the Cavs you can propose something then. If it's fair, I'll do it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've given my opinion on the significance of Finals winning percentage too many times already... so I'm going to bite my tongue and not mention how absurd I think it is that it has been referenced as many times as it has in this discussion :-)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is 5-2 in the finals. But go ahead and keep thinking it's about individual awards.
Gordon- Steve Kerr has 5 rings...Robert Horry 7--- did you know they are better than LeBron? lol
I've given my opinion on the significance of Finals winning percentage too many times already... so I'm going to bite my tongue and not mention how absurd it is that it has been referenced as many times as it has in this discussion :-)
oh cmon...Robert Horry HAS to be better than Charles Barkley right?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a pussy.
I never said the Heat would beat the Cavs (let alone without Bosh), but that's your now condition?

Plus, Heat may never play Cavs.

Just take your Cavs vs the Field bet, and then IF the Heat end up playing the Cavs you can propose something then. If it's fair, I'll do it.
Nope- you said the other day you would take a Cavs Heat bet if I took your Cavs field bet....if u want to back out though i understand....

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakeem is 100% in Finals appearances.
Magic is 55%.

Everyone knows Magic couldn't always get it done when it really mattered, whereas Hakeem always stepped up when the games really counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.