• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I crazy to view teams #2 - #10 as almost equally dangerous playoff opponents??

Toronto, Atlanta, Miami, Boston, Charlotte, Indiana, Detroit, Washington, Chicago

I'm starting to think I don't care at all about seeding this year. Every one of those teams could be dangerous in their own way.

If I had to separate another level... I'd probably move Atlanta, Miami, & Charlotte into a higher tier... those 3 teams have elevated their play recently and seem to be clicking.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I crazy to view teams #2 - #10 as almost equally dangerous playoff opponents??

Toronto, Atlanta, Miami, Boston, Charlotte, Indiana, Detroit, Washington, Chicago

I'm starting to think I don't care at all about seeding this year. Every one of those teams could be dangerous in their own way.

If I had to separate another level... I'd probably move Atlanta, Miami, & Charlotte into a higher tier... those 3 teams have elevated their play recently and seem to be clicking.
as was the case at the beginning of the year- there is pretty much 2 tiers in the East.

Tier 1- The Cavs

Tier 2- Everyone else

no one would be surprised if the 7 seed beat the 2 seed, etc., or the 6 beats the 3- or whatever.....I think you are very right in saying that out of the 7 teams behind the Cavs just about anyone of them could end up being the Cavs match in the ECF and I wouldnt be surprised

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are exactly where they want to be.

#1 seed in the East- up 3 game on Toronto---- resting guys--- resting Love a couple times over the last few/next few games, rested Kyrie the other day, resting LeBron today.

Nice to be able to do that and not have to worry about losing a game here or there and dropping like 3 spots in the standings like most of the rest of the teams.

A fully rested, healthy Cavs Big 3 for the start of the playoffs sounds good to me- but cant sound good for their opponents.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#1 seed in the East- up 3 game on Toronto---- resting guys--- resting Love a couple times over the last few/next few games, rested Kyrie the other day, resting LeBron today.

Nice to be able to do that and not have to worry about losing a game here or there and dropping like 3 spots in the standings like most of the rest of the teams.

A fully rested, healthy Cavs Big 3 for the start of the playoffs sounds good to me- but cant sound good for their opponents.

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself.

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what will be the excuse if you lost this time in the playoffs? Can you at least provide a multiple choice scenario?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what will be the excuse if you lost this time in the playoffs? Can you at least provide a multiple choice scenario?
what do you mean lose in the playoffs? like in the Finals?-

I am sure they will lose a game or two in the East before the Finals...right? I mean- they arent gonna go 4-0, 4-0, 4-0....they didnt even do that last year when they went 4-0, 4-2, 4-0 in the East.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch: LeBron James throws down reverse dunk off no-look J.R. Smith pass

Dont need much more convinving than that. lol

Of course its an advantage to pretty much have the #1 seed and home court wrapped up while resting your guys while the also-rans have to try and win every game for playoff position.

All those teams DESPERATELY want that 3 seed and to avoid the Cavs until the ECF

Yeah, one play and the Cavs are "rolling." Where were you when the Heat were giving them a beatdown?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch: LeBron James throws down reverse dunk off no-look J.R. Smith pass

Dont need much more convinving than that. lol

Of course its an advantage to pretty much have the #1 seed and home court wrapped up while resting your guys while the also-rans have to try and win every game for playoff position.

All those teams DESPERATELY want that 3 seed and to avoid the Cavs until the ECF

I'm not predicting a Heat series win, but I'd easily say the Cavs prefer to avoid the Heat more then the Heat prefer to avoid the Cavs in round 2.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, one play and the Cavs are "rolling." Where were you when the Heat were giving them a beatdown?
I posted that because it shows just how healthy and athletic LeBron has looked. By his own admission this is the best he has felt "in years"- even going back to Miami- and if you have been lucky enough to watch LeBron this year you would have noticed that. Its gonna be FUN to be a Cavs fan in a little less than a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not predicting a Heat series win, but I'd easily say the Cavs prefer to avoid the Heat more then the Heat prefer to avoid the Cavs in round 2.

At least you're realistic. Yes, Cleveland is the better team - they have Lebron. But Miami doesn't have championship expectations. Cleveland does and the pressure's on them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, no doubt the Cavs remain the favorite to come out of the East and if I were betting real money, it would be on the Cavs. But, if there's a team in the East that can beat them in the playoffs, it's the Heat, especially if Bosh is playing. They are the one team that actually matches up fairly well with the Cavs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted that because it shows just how healthy and athletic LeBron has looked. By his own admission this is the best he has felt "in years"- even going back to Miami- and if you have been lucky enough to watch LeBron this year you would have noticed that. Its gonna be FUN to be a Cavs fan in a little less than a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's funny because his stats are lower in every statistical category this year compared to when he was in Miami.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And? They had a healthy Lebron when the Heat beat them down. Still sounds like you're trying to convince yourself.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you're realistic. Yes, Cleveland is the better team - they have Lebron. But Miami doesn't have championship expectations. Cleveland does and the pressure's on them.
not only that pressure- but the pressure to win a title here crushes people with the long drought.

If LeBron could someone win it - i mean- build the statute and have it done by the time next season rolls out. It would elevate him above all but Jordan by the end of his career no doubt in my mind.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny because his stats are lower in every statistical category this year compared to when he was in Miami.
yah because he doesnt have to do EVERYTHING like in Miami

LeBron was the Heats LEADING REBOUNDER for the majority of the time he was there, lol....its why he left...he was sick of being the only guy with any physicality on that team..sick of having to carry the load while Dwade sat out babying his knees and hamstrings...now TT and Love do the rebounding- LeBron gets to do what he likes to do- play on the perimeter and save himself.

honestly I have not seen those chase down blocks and crazy slams for a while now....I have a feeling LeBron is ready to just explode on these playoffs once they start and hes ready!

LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only that pressure- but the pressure to win a title here crushes people with the long drought.

If LeBron could someone win it - i mean- build the statute and have it done by the time next season rolls out. It would elevate him above all but Jordan by the end of his career no doubt in my mind.

Sorry, one championship in Cleveland wouldn't elevate him over anyone. It would give him 3 rings and still a losing record in the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.