• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone wants an avi bet on Love & Irving & LeBron being on the Cavs' roster opening day in October... let me know.

I would consider it but ....

do we really want my avi to change?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron triple double again....says this is the best he has felt in years- and if you actually watch him you would have to agree with that conclusion...pretty unbelievable.

by far the most important thing for the Cavs--- LeBron looks freaking UNREAL right now.....he has not looked this good physically in a long long time.

Again? Isn't that only the 3rd time this year?

And, I'm not sure how he feels, but he's having a hard time making shots other than just using his athletic ability to get to the rim.
He's tried to win it that way the last 2 years, and it didn't work.
I'm expecting the same result this year if there's the same approach.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summary of the Bulls season...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Fred Hoiberg doesn't look like he's panned out.

I was watching one of their recent games and one of the commentators was saying that they have had trouble adjusting to the difference in style between Hoiberg and Thibs. They said Thibs is all about structure and tries to control every possession while Hoiberg prefers to give the guys a lot of room.

You'd think though, that with as many vets as the Bulls have, they'd be able to adjust.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching one of their recent games and one of the commentators was saying that they have had trouble adjusting to the difference in style between Hoiberg and Thibs. They said Thibs is all about structure and tries to control every possession while Hoiberg prefers to give the guys a lot of room.

You'd think though, that with as many vets as the Bulls have, they'd be able to adjust.

It sounds like they went from one extreme to the other.

Maybe they need a happy medium?

With Hoiberg coming from the College ranks, I expected him to be a bit more strict.

But, I remember guys like Pau and Butler commentating on the fact that he needed to get tougher earlier in the Season.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's my point, I see the same approach. Yes, the Bulls had issues with injuries this year, but guess what? Thibs had Rose for what? Third of time during his tenure. Also, Jimmy Butler hadn't reached the level of player that he was. The Bulls never adjusted and that's on the coach. With that lineup, you shouldn't miss the playoffs, especially in the East.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like they went from one extreme to the other.

Maybe they need a happy medium?

With Hoiberg coming from the College ranks, I expected him to be a bit more strict.

But, I remember guys like Pau and Butler commentating on the fact that he needed to get tougher earlier in the Season.

I agree. Definitely one extreme to the other. I could see a young team not responding well, but the Bulls are a veteran team. I guess Pau and Butler saying what they did was more of a red flag than it was considered at the time. Seems that a veteran team should be able to get tough on themselves if they feel that's what they need.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point, I see the same approach. Yes, the Bulls had issues with injuries this year, but guess what? Thibs had Rose for what? Third of time during his tenure. Also, Jimmy Butler hadn't reached the level of player that he was. The Bulls never adjusted and that's on the coach. With that lineup, you shouldn't miss the playoffs, especially in the East.

I think it's as much on the players as the coach. Sure, as coach, Hoiberg should be able to read his team and adjust his coaching style, at least temporarily.

As Mecca pointed out, both Pau and Butler spoke up earlier saying Hoiberg needed to be tougher on them. But to me, as vets, they should be able to get tougher on themselves and their teammates.

They obviously know what the problem is, so they should be able to take steps towards correcting it without having to be told be their coach.

And I'm not saying that Hoiberg should never get tough with them. Heck, as veteran a team as the Spurs are, Pop still has to get in their grills every once in awhile. But with veteran teams, those instances should be few and far between.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's as much on the players as the coach. Sure, as coach, Hoiberg should be able to read his team and adjust his coaching style, at least temporarily.

As Mecca pointed out, both Pau and Butler spoke up earlier saying Hoiberg needed to be tougher on them. But to me, as vets, they should be able to get tougher on themselves and their teammates.

They obviously know what the problem is, so they should be able to take steps towards correcting it without having to be told be their coach.

And I'm not saying that Hoiberg should never get tough with them. Heck, as veteran a team as the Spurs are, Pop still has to get in their grills every once in awhile. But with veteran teams, those instances should be few and far between.

We're in agreement as this doesn't fall just on the coach (but he's still deserving of blame which is my point). They have enough veteran leadership where they shouldn't have to fall on a rookie coach. Short of winning a title (except Gasol), these players (Rose, Butler, Gasol, Gibson, etc.) have been there done that. But as you mentioned before, coaching is an integral part of the team. Put any other average NBA coach in Pop's shoes and they win in the low 50's with that team and probably get bounced in probably the second round. Pop is just a master at the profession and is scary to boot when he needs to be.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. a video from 2014?

Since then

A. Bosh's career might be over

B. Wade keeps getting worse and keeps getting older

=LeBron will never return to Miami

Wade shooting under 45%- the worst numbers in his ENTIRE CAREER- considering he never takes 3's thats pretty poor.....took a big hit last year and taking a big one this year...will likely keep going down since he never worked hard to expand his game as he got older like Bron and Kobe have.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Boston/Miami first round would be intersting- though I think Boston would win and I would once again be deprived of watching the Cavs face the Heat because of Miami bowing out early....but we shall see!

Status
Not open for further replies.