• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid question. Obviously the cap hold is gone once he resigns. The big question is how much does he sign for? That will be a big factor when figuring how much they can pay Whiteside and others.

I know it's stupid....of Wiggy or anyone else to bring up a cap hold.
Wade has said he doesn't want the drama like last summer and wants to sign before FA begins.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect he'll get lots of inquiries. I'm pretty sure the Lakers intend to make a run at him. But really, only he knows what teams/cities he may want to go to if he does choose to leave.
Yep, agree he will have choices. I would imagine LA would be a nice destination-to most people. But, without knowing his personality it would be hard to say.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade has said he doesn't want the drama like last summer and wants to sign before FA begins.

Yeah, I'd think that at this point in his career, Wade wants to retire a Heat and the Heat probably want the same. They both also want to continue to win. I'd expect that they will work out a deal that is fair to Wade and allows the Heat the flexibility to improve the roster.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure of that?
I just told you it did happen last summer.
I'll bet you right now that Paul Pierce is put on IR before next season starts so he gets paid in full.
Well PP is probably not the best example. He's pretty much the only person who can be pushed off the court in a wheelchair, then turn around and play in that same game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, agree he will have choices. I would imagine LA would be a nice destination-to most people. But, without knowing his personality it would be hard to say.

I agree. I think LA, a roster that is young enough that they can all grow into something special together, historic franchise and lots of money, would be very attractive. But we definitely don't know what his personality is and what he wants.

There's also a lot to be said for staying with the organization that gave him his chance and has a chance to win right away. Plus, I hear South Beach ain't too bad a place to spend one's off time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well PP is probably not the best example. He's pretty much the only person who can be pushed off the court in a wheelchair, then turn around and play in that same game.

Doesn't matter in as far as the example I'm citing.
Clippers wanted him for this season at the right price and to make it work are going to pay him next season for nothing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would love to see him do a farewell tour and the Lakers give him a motorized wheelchair as his gift. :lol:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can't officially sign until free agency begins. If he signs right away, no cap hold but a hard salary. Regardless, there will be dollar amount for Wade that counts towards the cap which impacts available money for Whiteside and others. That's the whole point of mentioning cap holds.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's to stop D-Wade from signing a 2 year deal with a 1 year opt out on a lesser deal, then opt out next year and be re-signed at a higher salary, longer term in 2017 when the cap jumps? Isn't that essentially what Lebron is doing/has done?

Difference is LeBron is hell bent on taking every dollar from Gilbert he can get.

And to be clear, I agree with BK, I think Deng is gone and wasn't including him as part of the future.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see him do a farewell tour and the Lakers give him a motorized wheelchair as his gift. :lol:

Pierce does not deserve a similar farewell tour. He's not an all-time great. The motorized wheel chair is funny stuff though!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't officially sign until free agency begins. If he signs right away, no cap hold but a hard salary. Regardless, there will be dollar amount for Wade that counts towards the cap which impacts available money for Whiteside and others. That's the whole point of mentioning cap holds.

Not if he signs at midnight.
You don't think there is internal communication?
Look at the Heat with Dragic last summer.
The deal was agreed to and in place by day 1.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i dont understand what they are thinking- what do they think that what Wade signs for is going to be substnatially less than 20 million or something? Someone thinks with the cap going up the most in its history this offseason that Wade is gonna take a big time pay cut? This is the delusional shit that never comes true- that no one ever admits just how fucking stupid they were when they suggested it when it doesnt happen 6 months from now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is LeBron is hell bent on taking every dollar from Gilbert he can get.

And to be clear, I agree with BK, I think Deng is gone and wasn't including him as part of the future.

Oh, I know why Lebron is doing it and I can't say I blame him. For D-Wade it would be for him to get paid based on what he's meant to the franchise while allowing them the flexibility this off-season to improve the roster.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierce does not deserve a similar farewell tour. He's not an all-time great. The motorized wheel chair is funny stuff though!

I could see it now. They do a video tribute to him, end it with him in the wheelchair and then when the lights come back on, here comes Kobe riding in on a tricked out motorized wheelchair.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i dont understand what they are thinking- what do they think that what Wade signs for is going to be substnatially less than 20 million or something? Someone thinks with the cap going up the most in its history this offseason that Wade is gonna take a big time pay cut? This is the delusional shit that never comes true- that no one ever admits just how fucking stupid they were when they suggested it when it doesnt happen 6 months from now.

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the biggest cap bump is supposed hit going into 2017. So yes, it might make sense for Wade to take a cut this FA on a 2 year/1 year and sign longer term for more money next off-season.

In fact, seems like it would make sense for most FA's.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the biggest cap bump is supposed hit going into 2017. So yes, it might make sense for Wade to take a cut this FA on a 2 year/1 year and sign longer term for more money next off-season.

this year it goes from about 70 to aobut 90- the following year is supposed to increase to about 100.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we shall see in July right? you guys can all pretend Wade is gonna take this massive pay cut in the year the salary cap increases the most in the history of the league.....after he got 20 million this offseason....

it just doesnt make any sense....especially if a ton of teams have a ton of money and he gets low-balled by Miami......

id laugh my balls off if Wade got-lowballed by the Heat and Arison's cheapness gets LeBron and Wade driven off in a 3 year span, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.