• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safe to say Cleveland and NYC is out of the picture.

Isola got quotes from CP3 and Wade from Oakland and San Antonio last night? Isola is a NY guy... I'm guessing Melo was joking about those guys needing warm weather or something.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isola got quotes from CP3 and Wade from Oakland and San Antonio last night? Isola is a NY guy... I'm guessing Melo was joking about those guys needing warm weather or something.
its throw-away BS anyway...anyone that read teh story knows that--- if anyone took this as literal or something that has a chance of happening anytime in the near or distant future has reading comprehension issues, lol.

LeBron looks unreal from an athleticism standpoint right now. Its very very encouraging...lets cross our fingers that everyone stays healthy....

If i had goals for them the next 2 weeks its- continue to rest LeBron a couple more games--- try and get KLove into a rhythm- especially when LeBron or KI sits- get Mo Williams some extended run to try and get some touch back before the playoffs start- before all is said and done i think Mo could play some important minutes and we need him sharp.....and continue to try and get Mozgov to snap back into it--- he is the one guy who has regressed it seems.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you dumb enough to actually think that this has even a half of a percent chance of happening?

LeBron EASILY could have gone to LA- signed for the minimum with CP and had Melo come out before he signed his huge deal.....its a throw-away comment talking about how cool it would be to play with his friends. If you actually think there is an impetus to act and put it together you have gone "full retard".

that interview was from weeks ago by the All Star break too---- and LeBron ALWAYS gets what he wants and hes the GM of the team- so its no surprise the Cavs traded Love- who he supposedly doesnt like playing with- for Melo- who he would give up money to play with...

oh wait...they didnt trade Love for Melo......hmmmm...whats up? I thought LeBron was the GM?

It can happen in the 2025 Wheelchair League.
Anyway, it just is more evidence that James isn't signing anywhere long term without his annual opt out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, it just is more evidence that James isn't signing anywhere long term without his annual opt out.
why would he? if he tore his ACL tomorrow every single team in the league that had cap room would offer him a max contract without a second thought.

Hes that damn good and has the leverage to a certain extent- Gilbert- at 25 million or 30 million or whatever is still getting the one of the very best bargains in the history of sports ...Jordan made 35 million or so like what? 15-20 years ago?

I think the next CBA is going to weaken the max contract rules and LeBron is gonna get a WHOLE lot more than any of us even imagine.....I could see him signing a contract after the new CBA is negotiated where he starts it at like age 33 and goes for like 3-4 yearse at like 40-45 million a year- easy.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one that can get annual player opt-outs on a max deal should ever sign without them, imo.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one that can get annual player opt-outs on a max deal should ever sign without them, imo.

He's the only one that I can recall who demanded it, and my biggest problem with having him on the Heat.
Too much uncertainty year to year when its proven he'll bolt at the first sign of adversity.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would he? if he tore his ACL tomorrow every single team in the league that had cap room would offer him a max contract without a second thought.

Hes that damn good and has the leverage to a certain extent- Gilbert- at 25 million or 30 million or whatever is still getting the one of the very best bargains in the history of sports ...Jordan made 35 million or so like what? 15-20 years ago?

I think the next CBA is going to weaken the max contract rules and LeBron is gonna get a WHOLE lot more than any of us even imagine.....I could see him signing a contract after the new CBA is negotiated where he starts it at like age 33 and goes for like 3-4 yearse at like 40-45 million a year- easy.

why would he?

Too funny.
Of course he won't, he's not going to be stuck in "The Land" for a minute longer then he wants to be.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some guys may want security of locking up a max contract for 4-5 years -- instead of relying on signing a new max each year. I think Kobe did well by signing a longer term contract, for example. (doubt if Lakers would have paid him $30M for this year if he was signing a yearly contract)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guys may want security of locking up a max contract for 4-5 years -- instead of relying on signing a new max each year. I think Kobe did well by signing a longer term contract, for example. (doubt if Lakers would have paid him $30M for this year if he was signing a yearly contract)

Right, but in theory you could have a 5 year max contract with annual player opt outs.. and no team options. Meaning you've got the 5 year security in the bag... but each year the player has the option of getting out of it.

Of course no team would ever want to do that type of a deal... would only be willing when they feel like the player is special enough to make it worth it.

From the team perspective... of course you try to avoid player options. From the player perspective.... the more player options the better, imo. What do you have to lose?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James was called out by some when he spoke with Dwyane Wade during halftime of the Cavs-Heat game in Miami last Saturday. It turns out, Cleveland Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue and general manager David Griffin have spoken to him about that and his feelings that he would like to play with Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul -- if possible -- at some point, reports cleveland.com.

"I just told him we can't have that, being down like we were and him being the leader," Lue said. "Just me being a competitor, I didn't like it. We had a long talk about it. It was good. He understood, he apologized, and he's been great."

According to the report, Griffin spoke with James on Wednesday. Also, Lue said James has apologized for talking with Wade at halftime while his teammates warmed up.

Good for Lue.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs got the shit beat out of them like the Heat did last night- on t by the Spurs- i couldnt imagine all the haters in here

no one even cares that Miami got their ass kicked.....do i see bskballer bragging about Joe Johnsons stats last night? LOL.....its ot be understood though.....

the Cavs are on national TV a million times, have some of the most marketable stars in the league , etc. etc.....expectations......while Miami is just another middle of the pack eastern conference team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs got the shit beat out of them like the Heat did last night- on t by the Spurs- i couldnt imagine all the haters in here

no one even cares that Miami got their ass kicked.....do i see bskballer bragging about Joe Johnsons stats last night? LOL.....its ot be understood though.....

the Cavs are on national TV a million times, have some of the most marketable stars in the league , etc. etc.....expectations......while Miami is just another middle of the pack eastern conference team.

You're lame dude. Everyone knows the Heat is not close to the Spurs level.

Any team with LBJ is title or bust so yes it would be a big deal if the Cavs got thumped by the Spurs as the Heat did. Did you forget Lebron James played with the Heat?

The Cavs are on national TV because of Lebron. Don't fool yourself. The Kyrie Cavs pre Lebron or Kevin Love wolves were never on national tv more than 5X in a season....and I'm being generous about 5X. It was probably more like 2 or 3X. This is all about Lebron. If you don't realize that you're really delusional.

The Heat were once again top 10 in national tv appearances this year. The Cavs and Bulls are the only East coast teams with more national tv appearances than them.

I can't remember the last time I brought up Joe Johnson stats to be honest with you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're lame dude. Everyone knows the Heat is not close to the Spurs level.

Any team with LBJ is title or bust so yes it would be a big deal if the Cavs got thumped by the Spurs as the Heat did. Did you forget Lebron James played with the Heat?

The Cavs are on national TV because of Lebron. Don't fool yourself. The Kyrie Cavs pre Lebron or Kevin Love wolves were never on national tv more than 5X in a season....and I'm being generous about 5X. It was probably more like 2 or 3X. This is all about Lebron. If you don't realize that you're really delusional.

The Heat were once again top 10 in national tv appearances this year. The Cavs and Bulls are the only East coast teams with more national tv appearances than them.

I can't remember the last time I brought up Joe Johnson stats to be honest with you.
i know good post- just likei said- Cavs have LeBron and expectations - so people care--- Miami does not have LeBron and has low expectations so no one cares. Its exactly what I said. Enjoy!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know good post- just likei said- Cavs have LeBron and expectations - so people care--- Miami does not have LeBron and has low expectations so no one cares. Its exactly what I said. Enjoy!

Never said anything about Miami having low expectations. Do me a favor and don't put words in my fucking mouth. I will fuck you up

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said anything about Miami having low expectations. Do me a favor and don't put words in my fucking mouth. I will fuck you up
you just said "everyone knows the Heat are not close to the Spurs level"....lol..i mean , what else do you want?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just said "everyone knows the Heat are not close to the Spurs level"....lol..i mean , what else do you want?

Just because you don't have expectations to win a title doesn't mean you have low expectations. Low expectations would be expecting not to make the playoffs. The Heat front office may not expect to win the title but I guarantee you they expect this team to still be playing in Mid or late May

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was the Spurs in San Antonio. They, along with the Bulls shattered the Bulls 44-home straight wins. The Spurs are tough, especially at home. Difference between the Heat and the Cavs - the Cavs are supposed to be title favorites and have by far the highest payroll in the league. Miami is a 2nd tier title contender (amongst the Clippers, Raptors, Celtics, etc.) and is without their best and highest paid player in Bosh.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the Spurs in San Antonio. They, along with the Bulls shattered the Bulls 44-home straight wins. The Spurs are tough, especially at home. Difference between the Heat and the Cavs - the Cavs are supposed to be title favorites and have by far the highest payroll in the league. Miami is a 2nd tier title contender (amongst the Clippers, Raptors, Celtics, etc.) and is without their best and highest paid player in Bosh.

And on top of that Deng was out as well last night. Game is obviously much closer if those 2 guys were able to play

Status
Not open for further replies.