• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this year it goes from about 70 to aobut 90- the following year is supposed to increase to about 100.

Okay, so the bigger jump is this year. Still seems like they could sign him for a smaller deal this year to improve the team and then use most of the next seasons increase to get his contract back up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shall see in July right? you guys can all pretend Wade is gonna take this massive pay cut in the year the salary cap increases the most in the history of the league.....after he got 20 million this offseason....

it just doesnt make any sense....especially if a ton of teams have a ton of money and he gets low-balled by Miami......

id laugh my balls off if Wade got-lowballed by the Heat and Arison's cheapness gets LeBron and Wade driven off in a 3 year span, LOL

I honestly don't know or care what Wade will do. I'm thinking in terms of how it might make sense for a lot of FA's.

Also, who says it has to be a massive pay cut. Everyone may decide to "give a little" if it means improving the team for a potential title run. It's not as if that's never been done before. Plus, Wade has apparently said he will take into consideration a huge payday that he has coming from his shoe deal. Seems like he's willing to work with the Heat. Pretty sure they'll be willing to work with him too.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so the bigger jump is this year. Still seems like they could sign him for a smaller deal this year to improve the team and then use most of the next seasons increase to get his contract back up.

Projections sent to NBA teams Friday suggest that the league's salary cap is expected to balloon to $108 million for the 2017-18 season. The jump follows a projected $22 million increase -- from $67.1 million to $89 million -- between the 2015-16 and 2016-17 salary caps.

The dramatic increases in available cap space is expected to spark heavy free agency spending. Heading into 2016, players like LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Dwyane Wade, Anthony Davis and several others will be up for bid. The free agent class of 2017 could feature the likes of Dwight Howard, Derrick Rose, Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook and Stephen Curry.

The NBA's skyrocketing payrolls are the result of a lucrative television deal inked last October worth $9 billion dollars. Those upcoming free agency periods promise to be a hectic time for front offices. The NBA Players Association rejected a smoothing proposalthat would artificially slow the rise of the salary cap so that general managers could more easily manage their money.

The salary cap is expected to fall to $100 million for the 2017-18, which could discourage teams from overspending too quickly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know or care what Wade will do. I'm thinking in terms of how it might make sense for a lot of FA's.

Also, who says it has to be a massive pay cut. Everyone may decide to "give a little" if it means improving the team for a potential title run. It's not as if that's never been done before. Plus, Wade has apparently said he will take into consideration a huge payday that he has coming from his shoe deal. Seems like he's willing to work with the Heat. Pretty sure they'll be willing to work with him too.
ok, thats reasonable i guess....we will see in July obviously- but what do you think the lowest that he would resign for? And what do you PREDICT you will resign for?

right now?

my prediction is he signs a 2 year 40 million dollar deal

its just hard for me to fathom him taking a pay cut- even a minor one- when the cap goes up by so much....i mean...15 million is going to be the normal contract for a just a solid player.....I cant see him taking less than 17 or 18 under any circumstance and ithink that would be a fairly big concession to get out of him

I mean- i dont know the cap situations off the top of my head- but what if some sleeper team that is pretty good- or what if Chicago or something whoever -offers Wade like 3 years 70 million......with what is going to be given out this offseason that is certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, thats reasonable i guess....we will see in July obviously- but what do you think the lowest that he would resign for? And what do you PREDICT you will resign for?

right now?

my prediction is he signs a 2 year 40 million dollar deal

its just hard for me to fathom him taking a pay cut- even a minor one- when the cap goes up by so much....i mean...15 million is going to be the normal contract for a just a solid player.....I cant see him taking less than 17 or 18 under any circumstance and ithink that would be a fairly big concession to get out of him

I mean- i dont know the cap situations off the top of my head- but what if some sleeper team that is pretty good- or what if Chicago or something whoever -offers Wade like 3 years 70 million......with what is going to be given out this offseason that is certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

We'll definitely know a lot more in July. It's hard to say what he might be willing to do and I am loathe to tell or try to predict what someone else may do with their money.

I don't know what the Heat have committed for next year, so I'm taking a bit of a wild guess. But, if he wants to stay in Miami, wants to win and is truly going to take his shoe deal into account, then I could maybe see him signing for about $15 million or so, then opt out after the season and re-sign in the $25 million per range.

We saw the Spurs big 3 take a lot less so they could get Aldridge and look at where they are now. I'm pretty sure Wade is smart enough to see the positives in that.

Now, if some "sleeper team" or the Bulls made him a giant offer, that might throw a wrench into things. But I doubt there are any teams willing to make him that kind of offer. Even if there were, my guess is that he would take into consideration how close they are to winning a title. I mean, he ain't taking that money to play for the Sixers or go to the Lakers and babysit Clarkson and Russell.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched like 3 minutes of the Cavs game, and had to turn it because I couldn't stand the Cavs play by play guys.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched like 3 minutes of the Cavs game, and had to turn it because I couldn't stand the Cavs play by play guys.

Same old story lol. I pretty much never watch Cavs home games that are not on national TV unless it is close in the 4th because of their commentators

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same old story lol. I pretty much never watch Cavs home games that are not on national TV unless it is close in the 4th because of their commentators
It was on NBA crunchtime while the game I am watching was on commercial, it was close but knew the Cavs would win. They made it easy for me to change the channel.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projections sent to NBA teams Friday suggest that the league's salary cap is expected to balloon to $108 million for the 2017-18 season. The jump follows a projected $22 million increase -- from $67.1 million to $89 million -- between the 2015-16 and 2016-17 salary caps.

The dramatic increases in available cap space is expected to spark heavy free agency spending. Heading into 2016, players like LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Dwyane Wade, Anthony Davis and several others will be up for bid. The free agent class of 2017 could feature the likes of Dwight Howard, Derrick Rose, Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook and Stephen Curry.

The NBA's skyrocketing payrolls are the result of a lucrative television deal inked last October worth $9 billion dollars. Those upcoming free agency periods promise to be a hectic time for front offices. The NBA Players Association rejected a smoothing proposalthat would artificially slow the rise of the salary cap so that general managers could more easily manage their money.

The salary cap is expected to fall to $100 million for the 2017-18, which could discourage teams from overspending too quickly.
thats slightly out of date i believe--- especially considering its referencing Anthony Davis as still a FA, and Kevin Love and Dwight Howard in the wrong contexts

find something a little more current. Your working with outdated info.

I mean- when you read that post and it mentions Kevin Love- and he signed last year- do you think- maybe this isnt the best thing to post?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet as of right now this is the very team that poses the biggest threat to the Cavs if they meet in the playoffs (EC). Life is grand, ain't it? :clap2:

you know it, I know it. hell even deep in his crazy li'l bandwagoning heart Wiggy knows it...

a shame he'll never openly admit it...

Reactions: LAD

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats slightly out of date i believe--- especially considering its referencing Anthony Davis as still a FA, and Kevin Love and Dwight Howard in the wrong contexts

find something a little more current. Your working with outdated info.

I mean- when you read that post and it mentions Kevin Love- and he signed last year- do you think- maybe this isnt the best thing to post?

I didn't even read it.
Just googled, copied, pasted top article that came up.
That doesn't mean pretty projections are wrong though.
Where are you seeing different numbers?

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he signs at midnight.
You don't think there is internal communication?
Look at the Heat with Dragic last summer.
The deal was agreed to and in place by day 1.

Yeah, they'll likely have a deal worked out well before FA and then just sign as soon as FA starts.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch: LeBron James throws down reverse dunk off no-look J.R. Smith pass

if anyone actually cares about THE GAME OF BASKETBALL more than twitter garbage id highly recommend watching that.

UN-BE-LIEV-A-BLE

getting so freaking excited for this team and the playoffs to start...been waiting a loooong time to get another crack at it with the full roster! Good sign that Love started shooting better last night---- him and Mozgov are the 2 guys we really gotta get going these next couple weeks before the fun starts.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safe to say Cleveland and NYC is out of the picture.

are you dumb enough to actually think that this has even a half of a percent chance of happening?

LeBron EASILY could have gone to LA- signed for the minimum with CP and had Melo come out before he signed his huge deal.....its a throw-away comment talking about how cool it would be to play with his friends. If you actually think there is an impetus to act and put it together you have gone "full retard".

that interview was from weeks ago by the All Star break too---- and LeBron ALWAYS gets what he wants and hes the GM of the team- so its no surprise the Cavs traded Love- who he supposedly doesnt like playing with- for Melo- who he would give up money to play with...

oh wait...they didnt trade Love for Melo......hmmmm...whats up? I thought LeBron was the GM?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.