• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he signs before July 1 (like he will), then what cap hold is there?

Stupid question. Obviously the cap hold is gone once he resigns. The big question is how much does he sign for? That will be a big factor when figuring how much they can pay Whiteside and others.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this "gray" you are talkin about is nothing more than pure and total bullshit.

the last time teams tried to play a game like that - was the TWolves with Joe SMith and they lost 3 first round picks.

What's to stop D-Wade from signing a 2 year deal with a 1 year opt out on a lesser deal, then opt out next year and be re-signed at a higher salary, longer term in 2017 when the cap jumps? Isn't that essentially what Lebron is doing/has done?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss doesn't get it.
Not everything is black and white with these players.
He doesn't understand they grey.
Deals happen.
Example, Wade could sign cheap next year with the understanding he's getting let's say a 4 year deal in '17 when the cap goes way up.
Then, by year 4, he could go on IR like Pierce is next season and get fully paid without playing a game.

That's a bit risky for Wade at this stage in his career.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's to stop D-Wade from signing a 2 year deal with a 1 year opt out on a lesser deal, then opt out next year and be re-signed at a higher salary, longer term in 2017 when the cap jumps? Isn't that essentially what Lebron is doing/has done?
That was my thought but I thought the player would be Whiteside. I figured Whiteside because of his younger age & potential up-side if he stays on the fast track he's currently on.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the cap going up significantly in 2017, I'd sign a 1-year 18-20 mil deal if I'm Whiteside. Have another productive year, and bank in '17. However, he's been making peanuts compared to the rest of the league, while having a significantly productive two consecutive seasons. He may not want to take the risk and cash in now - which I certainly can't blame him.

Cash in now. If his trajectory keeps up, he'll get another massive contract.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my thought but I thought the player would be Whiteside. I figured Whiteside because of his younger age & potential up-side if he stays on the fast track he's currently on.

I really don't see any reason why they both couldn't do it. Whether it's Whiteside, or really any FA, if they choose to stay with or leave their current teams, they would be smart to do the 2 year/1 year opt out, imo.

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the deal that screwed them is Dragic...they dont need him and he makes a ton- you could get a PG that does 90% of what he does for a lot less money and years....

You really can't. Take a look at Dragic's numbers after the all-star break, and factor in our record and how effective the offense has been with him running the show. Yes, there are better PG's in the league, but name one that's available that's near his production and would make significantly less. I'll wait.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cash in now. If his trajectory keeps up, he'll get another massive contract.
But, if he asks for too much it ultimately could mean his departure. You would have to imagine he'd be making the organization choose between him & Wade.

Nothing worse than having a job you can't stand. By comparison playing for a team that you don't want to be on-location you hate- would pretty much be the same situation.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billups just called Lebron unprofessional and childish lol. Must be a hater right Wiggs?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, if he asks for too much it ultimately could mean his departure. You would have to imagine he'd be making the organization choose between him & Wade.

Nothing worse than having a job you can't stand. By comparison playing for a team that you don't want to be on-location you hate- would pretty much be the same situation.

There's a bank in every city - Andrew Bynum

I don't think Miami is the only place he could be happy.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a bank in every city - Andrew Bynum

I don't think Miami is the only place he could be happy.
Kinda ironic he would make such a comment when he was busy doing everything but concentrating on his game. Wonder what he spends his time on now that basketball doesn't get in the way.

And it's probably true Miami may not be the only destination of his choice-however the other ones might not be in the running to acquire him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda ironic he would make such a comment when he was busy doing everything but concentrating on his game. Wonder what he spends his time on now that basketball doesn't get in the way.

I'm going with smoking pot and using his knees as an excuse for parking in handicapped parking spots. :dhd:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only problem with that is illegal and nothing like that has happened in the history of the game...other than that it sounds great! lol.

You sure of that?
I just told you it did happen last summer.
I'll bet you right now that Paul Pierce is put on IR before next season starts so he gets paid in full.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's probably true Miami may not be the only destination of his choice-however the other ones might not be in the running to acquire him.

I expect he'll get lots of inquiries. I'm pretty sure the Lakers intend to make a run at him. But really, only he knows what teams/cities he may want to go to if he does choose to leave.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really can't. Take a look at Dragic's numbers after the all-star break, and factor in our record and how effective the offense has been with him running the show. Yes, there are better PG's in the league, but name one that's available that's near his production and would make significantly less. I'll wait.

Not too many PGs have been better then Dragic since the all star break.
It appears he and Wade have figured out a working balance.
Look no further then last nights stats.
And Dragic hating from Wiggy?
Doesn't he have a similar contract to Tristan?
Should I start a new poll?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit risky for Wade at this stage in his career.

If Wade is still playing at age 35M plus, he gets a lot of extra millions from his shoe deal.
He's already said he'd factor that into his thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.