• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah...Kyrie's numbers and efficiency for a lead guard- that garnered the vast majority of defensive attention from the opposition is just unheard of. The trust that Byron Scott gave to Kyrie Irving off the bat is unheard of for a guy that had Paul, Kidd, Kyrie, and now Russell. For Scott to say that Kyrie is the most advanced young guard he has ever had definitely means something.

Kyrie EARNED that extra leash with how he conducted himself- as opposed to Russel who Scott has called out for his lack of motivation at times.

If Russell scatches the surface of an elite player like Kyrie the Lakers will be through the roof.

Its kinda funny how Kyrie is LESS than 4 years older than Russell.

Listen, I'm a Kyrie fan.

He is a devastating one on one player.

But, he is selfish when it comes to playing Team ball.

He is young. So, I think he will figure it out.

As for Russell, I was really hoping the Lakers didn't pick him. Because, now I can't root for him.

He is uber-talented.

He just needs time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, I'm a Kyrie fan.

He is a devastating one on one player.

But, he is selfish when it comes to playing Team ball.

He is young. So, I think he will figure it out.

As for Russell, I was really hoping the Lakers didn't pick him. Because, now I can't root for him.

He is uber-talented.

He just needs time.
i like Russell a lot at Ohio State- I thought he was a better pick than Okafor.

Russell has a pretty nice shot- good size for a PG- and he has really good court vision. Hes not the best of athletes or ball handlers- but you dont really NEED to be RW or Rose or Wall if you have the skills.

If you are just talking skill and talent- Russell isnt really on the level with Kyrie there. He has better size than Kyrie- i think he probably has a higher ceiling as a passer as well- obviously with that size he could possibly develop a post- game down the road.

Early on- I was worried about Russell a little- especially after (at least how i remember it) Mudiay- who is DEFINITELY a better athlete- got off to a better start- but Russell has come along nicely. Because he is not an elite level athlete- he will have to do it more with skill like Kyrie- but Russell is not the shooter, ball handler, or finisher at the rim Kyrie is. I would give Russell the advantage in vision and size though. Both are extremely poor defenders and though Russells size should help him guard some bigger guards- that size and lack of elite athleticism will inhibit his ability to guard the pick and roll- an area where Kyrie is also extremely vulnerable.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what? compare Kyrie's stats to player that play more than him? Please translate to english.

and as i said- you compare any young guard the last 20 years to Kyrie's rookie year and your gonna most likely come up wanting.

For him to perform the way he did as a rookie while garnering most of the defensive attention was quite simply ridiculous. You just dont see it in todays league. You just dont.

Scott knew off the bat Kyrie was special and gave him a lot more leash than he did to lesser guys like Russell who he knew needed more supervision and motivation -
My goodness...
Kyrie only played 51 games his rookie season, yet here you are comparing his rookie season to Russell's who has already played more games so far (65 games this season). It's not a fair comparison (because there's more data being used in the case of Russell). If you only compared their stats say through 51 games then your claim wouldn't seem so distorted.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but Russell is not the shooter, ball handler, or finisher at the rim Kyrie is.

He doesn't finish at the rim like Kyrie, but he is every bit as good a shooter and while his overall ballhandling isn't as good, he is a better passer.

Since he became a starter, Russell is shooting something like 47% from 3 point range (although he recently had a pretty poor shooting night, so it may have dropped his numbers a little.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't finish at the rim like Kyrie, but he is every bit as good a shooter and while his overall ballhandling isn't as good, he is a better passer.

Since he became a starter, Russell is shooting something like 47% from 3 point range (although he recently had a pretty poor shooting night, so it may have dropped his numbers a little.

Now I don't wanna be rude but Russell is now a Communist playing for the Bad Guys. Fuckin' Lakers!:L

CELTICS in seven!!!:hope:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I quoted above-

Russell is at 36% from 3- 42.5% from the field----- Kyrie his rookie year? 39.9% from 3, an unheard of 46.9% from the field. 42.5% from the field for a rookie guard is actually pretty damn good--- its just not historically fucking awesome.--- and i think Russell has hte POTENTIAL to be a better passer from what I saw at OSU- obviously Kyrie made a lot more plays for his teammates his rookie year than Russell has- as that had been a gripe from Scott about Russell as well at various points.

Kyrie Rookie year:

46.9% from the field, 39.9% from 3, 18.5 pts, 5.4 apg, 3.7 rpg, 1.1 spg, a ROOKIE PER of 21.1 ( EFFEN AMAZING), true shooting of 56.6%

Russell rookie year:

42.5% from the field, 36.0% from 3, 13.4 pts, 3.5 apg, 3.5 rpg, 1.2 spg, PER of 146. , 52.2% true shooting

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is at 36% from 3- 42.5% from the field----- Kyrie his rookie year? 39.9% from 3, an unheard of 46.9% from the field. 42.5% from the field for a rookie guard is actually pretty damn good--- its just not historically fucking awesome.

Still struggling with comprehension, I see. I said since he became a starter. I know his percentages are lower for the entire season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like Russell a lot at Ohio State- I thought he was a better pick than Okafor.

Russell has a pretty nice shot- good size for a PG- and he has really good court vision. Hes not the best of athletes or ball handlers- but you dont really NEED to be RW or Rose or Wall if you have the skills.

If you are just talking skill and talent- Russell isnt really on the level with Kyrie there. He has better size than Kyrie- i think he probably has a higher ceiling as a passer as well- obviously with that size he could possibly develop a post- game down the road.

Early on- I was worried about Russell a little- especially after (at least how i remember it) Mudiay- who is DEFINITELY a better athlete- got off to a better start- but Russell has come along nicely. Because he is not an elite level athlete- he will have to do it more with skill like Kyrie- but Russell is not the shooter, ball handler, or finisher at the rim Kyrie is. I would give Russell the advantage in vision and size though. Both are extremely poor defenders and though Russells size should help him guard some bigger guards- that size and lack of elite athleticism will inhibit his ability to guard the pick and roll- an area where Kyrie is also extremely vulnerable.

Outstanding analysis.

See, this is why I like chatting with you.

I really wish you would show this side to there more often.

With your Team being a serious contender, have you had time to look at this year's draft prospects?

I know he's older. But, am I the only one who likes Buddy Hield?

Have you noticed that Ingram has risen to the top spot on some draft boards?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted above-

Russell is at 36% from 3- 42.5% from the field----- Kyrie his rookie year? 39.9% from 3, an unheard of 46.9% from the field. 42.5% from the field for a rookie guard is actually pretty damn good--- its just not historically fucking awesome.--- and i think Russell has hte POTENTIAL to be a better passer from what I saw at OSU- obviously Kyrie made a lot more plays for his teammates his rookie year than Russell has- as that had been a gripe from Scott about Russell as well at various points.

Kyrie Rookie year:

46.9% from the field, 39.9% from 3, 18.5 pts, 5.4 apg, 3.7 rpg, 1.1 spg, a ROOKIE PER of 21.1 ( EFFEN AMAZING), true shooting of 56.6%

Russell rookie year:

42.5% from the field, 36.0% from 3, 13.4 pts, 3.5 apg, 3.5 rpg, 1.2 spg, PER of 146. , 52.2% true shooting

tl-dr_o_764929.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had gas?:noidea:
no

ill tel lya the answer

Scott trusted Kyrie a lot more- and as Scott has said- Kyrie was further along than any rookie point guard he has had.

Scott thought Russell needed to EARN what he was getting because he had not showed the required level of motivation and effort- something Kyrie simply did not have the same problem with.

he has had a couple decent ones--- a guy named Jason Kidd, a guy named Chris Paul- KI and of course now Russell.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why wasnt he a starter off the bat like Kyrie?

He stated for about 15 or so games. He and Randle both got a little awestruck playing with Kobe and struggled because they kept deferring. He benched them and worked with them on not deferring to Kobe so much (to Kobe's credit, so did he). He put them back in the starting lineup after the all-star break and both of their games have started to take off.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness...
Kyrie only played 51 games his rookie season, yet here you are comparing his rookie season to Russell's who has already played more games so far (65 games this season). It's not a fair comparison (because there's more data being used in the case of Russell). If you only compared their stats say through 51 games then your claim wouldn't seem so distorted.

Not only that.

But, minutes played.

No matter how many mistakes he made, Kyrie was not getting the hook.

If Russell blinked wrong, off to the bench he goes!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness...
what in gods name are you talking about? Im talking PER GAME STATS here- there was a freaking strike that year you goon!

and your making yourself look even dumber- shouldnt MORE experience and MORE games translate into playing BETTER? if anything thats an advantage! geezus...:L

plus i have a STRONG suspcision that if we looked at Russells only first 51 games his stats would precipitously decline and make your argument look EVEN WORSE.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe really fucked up Russell's rookie year!:gaah:
at least Russell had someone to take some of the defensive attention away from him.

Kyrie had.....i dont even know who would have been the second best scorer on that team...lol....Varejao??? Its what truly made the efficiency and maturity that Irving displayed THAT much more astounding.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no

ill tel lya the answer

Scott trusted Kyrie a lot more- and as Scott has said- Kyrie was further along than any rookie point guard he has had.

Scott thought Russell needed to EARN what he was getting because he had not showed the required level of motivation and effort- something Kyrie simply did not have the same problem with.

he has had a couple decent ones--- a guy named Jason Kidd, a guy named Chris Paul- KI and of course now Russell.
All the reasons you listed-distorted again.

I would imagine a few other things went into the decision to play Kyrie and give him free reign as you put it. First off at that time in Cleveland who else did Scott have that would've required more time on the court & would've served as their better option than Kyrie? Second, Russell went to the Lakers where there is already an established star-that also happens to play the guard position.

Status
Not open for further replies.