• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The improvement by the Heat rookies since the AS break is amazing.

Since the AS Break, Winslow is avg 9 PPG & 6 RPG on 47% shooting. This is after avg 5 & 5 on 42% shooting in the first half.

Richardson on the other hand was so bad in the first half that he was a bench warmer and was sent to the D-League a few times. Now he's avg 9.6 PPG on 54% and 63% from 3.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The improvement by the Heat rookies since the AS break is amazing.

Since the AS Break, Winslow is avg 9 PPG & 6 RPG on 47% shooting. This is after avg 5 & 5 on 42% shooting in the first half.

Richardson on the other hand was so bad in the first half that he was a bench warmer and was sent to the D-League a few times. Now he's avg 9.6 PPG on 54% and 63% from 3.
with Richardson shooting well and Johnson coming over you guys probably arent the worst 3 pt shooting team i nthe league anymore!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hanning Frye was ejected? lol? how did that happen? he does not seem like that type of guy.

It was weird. Lyles unintentionally elbowed Fyre in the junk while trying to create space to face up. Lyles was immediately called for the foul and after Frye recovered he starting saying something to Lyles.

Then they did that stupid thing where they touch foreheads and stare at each other because they don't actually want to fight but they want to seem tough and intimidating. Then Lyles shoved Frye away right as it got broken up.

If it was me I would've said double-tech and let it be done. But they ejected Frye for initiating the confrontation and upgraded Lyles foul to a flagrant 2... which automatically ejected him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-2 in their last 5 games, all against teams they should beat.

Way to set the bar on "rolling" nice and low.

Imagine how they'll do in the playoffs :lol:

Well... if they win 3 out every 5 in the playoffs they'll be hoisting the trophy in June. :D

Now, how to workout getting to play the Kings & Lakers in the playoffs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was weird. Lyles unintentionally elbowed Fyre in the junk while trying to create space to face up. Lyles was immediately called for the foul and after Frye recovered he starting saying something to Lyles.

Then they did that stupid thing where they touch foreheads and stare at each other because they don't actually want to fight but they want to seem tough and intimidating. Then Lyles shoved Frye away right as it got broken up.

If it was me I would've said double-tech and let it be done. But they ejected Frye for initiating the confrontation and upgraded Lyles foul to a flagrant 2... which automatically ejected him.

Yeah, I thought the refs overreacted a bit on that. Didn't think the game was particularly chippy or anything, so there really wasn't a reason to eject either player, imo, let alone both of them. Especially that late in the game. What Lyles did was a basketball move, Frye just happened to be up close on him and got caught in the junk. He was obviously pissed, but his reaction wasn't really over the top, especially considering he just took an elbow in his junk.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they looked gassed--- i really thought this mightve been a game they sat LeBron- last game on a 4 game road 2nd night of a back to back- but whatever- he is practically the only guy that played decent--- all though- i did fall asleep about midway through the third at like 12:15 or so...

Channing Frye was ejected? lol? how did that happen? he does not seem like that type of guy. Tribe needs to go 13-3 to get to 60 wins- they will do that.

Hopefully the Tribe gets more than 60 wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By then the Cavs won't be in the playoffs...
yah....Kevin Love is 27 and signed a max deal, Kyrie Irving is 23 and signed a max deal, Tristan Thompson is 24 and is here for the long term- LeBron James is THIRTY ONE - and you have an owner willing to spend as much or more than anyone else in the history of the league.

get a clue.

Kyrie Irving himself is more valuable than every single asset the Los Angeles Lakers own going back 3 years and going forward 3 years COMBINED

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Tribe gets more than 60 wins.
lol, WHOOPS...baseball on the brain....its so nice here- it was probably the most mild winter I have seen in the NEO area. EVER....it only got really cold once....and only really 1 - not even major- snow storm.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was literally any other team this forum would be all over the easy excuse of playing 4 away games in 5 days and losing the last of the back to backs on a poor shooting night.

But it's the Cavs, so let's pretend going 3-1 on a four game road trip is something to make fun of.
Well in all fairness the same thing has happened to champs-losing the last game on a back 2 back at the end of a long road trip.

However, this loss is exactly what I was talking about yesterday when I said if they met a team that has structure-in this case not much was needed-they would be back to struggling. And those that agreed with me saw the same thing.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are rolling- i think everyone finally knows their role and they have a rotation for the first time all year that they believe in. The ball is not sticking- its moving around- they just looked tired and didnt shoot well last night. Shit happens. Just watching them you can see they are playing with a renewed confidence and unselfishness that you just didnt see even when they had success in the past.

and mainly- LeBron looks awesome. Lets be honest-- thats by far the most important thing (well- Kyrie playing awesome ball in Feb and March ahs been pretty important too)--- but LeBron looks to be in as good of physical shape as I have seen him in- in a LONG time- including the last year at Miami. That makes me feel the Cavs are practically invincible in the East- and will at the very least send a Finals into a long series no matter who they play.
This post is just ridiculous for two reasons:

A- yes the ball wasn't sticking because it was too busy seeing to bottom of net in Utah's basket. SMH
B- LBJ being the most important thing in regards to this team is fools gold. I'm not sure if you realize that either of the two teams they could be facing in the Finals have both gotten better. LBJ is NOT going to beat either GS or SA by himself.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah....Kevin Love is 27 with a limp shoulder and disappears in crunch time, Kyrie Irving is 23 and has a long laundry list of injuries already-which have prevented him from playing a full season thus far, Tristan Thompson is 24 and has done so well he's been demoted from starting to back to coming off the bench- LeBron James is THIRTY ONE and tired of carrying the rest of them fools on his back - and you have an owner willing to put his foot in his mouth more than anyone else in the history of the league.

get a clue.

:fify:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU hired Ben's godfather 4 years ago. I guess that paid off -- but one could also say it showed how bad their coach & program was because they sucked even with Ben.

(FYI -- I doubt if his hiring had anything to do with Ben -- but comment above made me think of it.)

It will be fishy if David Patrick is hired as a Cavs coach in the next year or so. (the godfather)

Yeah, I saw that in the article on another site.
I'll say it again. The Cavs are rolling

Minny > Jazz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Paper Clips :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.