• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what in gods name are you talking about? Im talking PER GAME STATS here- there was a freaking strike that year you goon!

and your making yourself look even dumber- shouldnt MORE experience and MORE games translate into playing BETTER? if anything thats an advantage! geezus...:L

........and your back..lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no

ill tel lya the answer

Scott trusted Kyrie a lot more- and as Scott has said- Kyrie was further along than any rookie point guard he has had.

Scott thought Russell needed to EARN what he was getting because he had not showed the required level of motivation and effort- something Kyrie simply did not have the same problem with.

he has had a couple decent ones--- a guy named Jason Kidd, a guy named Chris Paul- KI and of course now Russell.

Yes and no. Russell started the first 15 or so games, so no, he didn't trust him any less than Kyrie. However, Russell played timid and kept deferring to Kobe, so Scott started bringing him off the bench, said he needed to earn his way back and had him working on things in practice. After the all-star break, he gave Russell his starting job back and he's been looking a lot more like the #2 pick.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least Russell had someone to take some of the defensive attention away from him.

Kyrie had.....i dont even know who would have been the second best scorer on that team...lol....Varejao??? Its what truly made the efficiency and maturity that Irving displayed THAT much more astounding.

Did you know the greatest Cav of all time is World B. Free?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what she is saying CUTS AGAINST her argument!! its like she is trying to tear her own argument down and doesnt even realize it!!!! :doh:

Actually, it doesn't. Fewer attempts means that the percentages change more drastically.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what in gods name are you talking about? Im talking PER GAME STATS here- there was a freaking strike that year you goon!

and your making yourself look even dumber- shouldnt MORE experience and MORE games translate into playing BETTER? if anything thats an advantage! geezus...:L
No, MORE doesn't always translate into BETTER in this situation. Kyrie went into a situation where he was their ONLY option at that time while that wasn't the case for Russell. Maybe your claim would make more sense if they were playing in similar situations on their respective teams.

Also as Mecca mentioned minutes plays a factor as well. Another thing is their assists stat. You'd have to look at the players around them on their respective teams to help understand that in more detail. At the end of the day your story lacks context which somehow you try to make others think isn't important.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it doesn't. Fewer attempts means that the percentages change more drastically.
I think he spends more time trying to make others feel dumb than he does comprehending what is actually being said.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liiiiiieeeees!

It was the Alaskan Trashman * coughs * Assassin, Trajon Langdon!

Did you know that fool just got hired as an Assistant GM?

Damn Mecca now that's a great call right there! One question though...I thought Trajon was the Alaskan Jackass?:noidea:

Go to hell dook!:yo:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please expand on what your saying- because what your saying is going to work AGAINST Russell i have the feeling- as i said above.

ILL GUARANTEE you that if you just want to use the first X amount of attempts- that will OBVIOUSLY work better for Kyrie- as Russell has gotten better as of late.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

plus i have a STRONG suspcision that if we looked at Russells only first 51 games his stats would precipitously decline and make your argument look EVEN WORSE.
Seems like you don't have a clear understanding on how AVERAGES are obtained (which are used to determine stats), so we're done here.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, MORE doesn't always translate into BETTER in this situation. Kyrie went into a situation where he was their ONLY option at that time while that wasn't the case for Russell. Maybe your claim would make more sense if they were playing in similar situations on their respective teams.

Also as Mecca mentioned minutes plays a factor as well. Another thing is their assists stat. You'd have to look at the players around them on their respective teams to help understand that in more detail. At the end of the day your story lacks context which somehow you try to make others think isn't important.
think of what you just said

in the SAME PARAGRAPH you used arguments that cut different ways---- A. Kyrie is the only option B. Who is he playing with?

lol....honest to God you have possess exactly zero ability to think critically.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you don't have a clear understanding on how AVERAGES are obtained (which are used to determine stats), so we're done here.
Kyrie's averages dominate Russells- nothing else to say--- Russell plays about 2 less minutes a game- not even CLOSE to enough to make up for the discrpeancy

ESPECIALLY when you consider that SHOOTING stats- like FG % are not even effected by how many minutes one plays anyway. Actually playing MORE minutes- and shooting a higher percentage is much more impressive than shooting a MUCH lower percentage playing LESS minutes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i suspected

if you count just Russells first 51 games his shooting does slide down to 41.7%......compare that to KI's rookie year of 46.9%

OF COURSE as russell gains experience he has gotten better-- a SIMPLETON could logic that out- but apparently we have some simpletons here that like hurting their own arguments.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i suspected

if you count just Russells first 51 games his shooting does slide down to 41.7%......compare that to KI's rookie year of 46.9%

OF COURSE as russell gains experience he has gotten better-- a SIMPLETON could logic that out- but apparently we have some simpletons here that like hurting their own arguments.
For the record, I suggested you use the same data so your claim wouldn't be DISTORTED. No one here said that in doing so it would make Russell seem better, only that the comparison would be FAIR. But, only a SIMPLETON wouldn't have understood that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I suggested you use the same data so your claim wouldn't be DISTORTED. No one here said that in doing so it would make Russell seem better, only that the comparison would be FAIR. But, only a SIMPLETON wouldn't have understood that.
so which one is it though?

Does it hurt Kyrie that he had no other options and had to stay on the court because he didnt have a teammate like Kobe or does it help him that he didnt have a teammate like Kobe? Youve basically said both things

and if he doesnt have "as good of teammates" as you claim- why are his assist numbers so much better? because of an extra 2 minutes a game? HA!

just please- ACTUALLY parse out and unpack what you are trying to argue before you continuously embarrass yourself with this BS that makes absolutely no sense and contradicts itself over and over again.

and thisi s getting ridiculous- because i really like Russel- i liked him before the draft- and now- but the Lakers are HOPING AND PRAYING Russel develops into a player that could eventually be what Kyrie Irving is at the ripe old age of 23 years old. And if you go by their rookie seasons- whether you go by stats, or subjective- or what the coach (that coached them both) has said- its clear that Kyrie was the superior player---- but that shouldnt be a knock on Russell- not many guards in the modern history of the NBA have had rookie seasons like Kyrie Irvings.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please expand on what your saying- because what your saying is going to work AGAINST Russell i have the feeling- as i said above.

ILL GUARANTEE you that if you just want to use the first X amount of attempts- that will OBVIOUSLY work better for Kyrie- as Russell has gotten better as of late.

I didn't say anything about Russell. I said that fewer attempts changes the percentages more drastically. The fact that you can't grasp that shows why you don't get it. I merely commented on your claim that it cuts against her argument.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say anything about Russell. I said that fewer attempts changes the percentages more drastically. The fact that you can't grasp that shows why you don't get it. I merely commented on your claim that it cuts against her argument.
fewer attempts effects percentages? you realize PER CENT means per 100- lol.....

If you are saying its EASIER to shoot 50% from the field if you have 20 shots- rather than 1000 shots- I can buy that- but thats only because of the volatility of the sample size-

if you have guys with 500 shots, and 600 shots- those sample sizes are close enough to equate the two as percentages without a doubt.

and i am saying- if you go back and look at the best "point guards" drafted in the last decade or two- 42.5% from the field and 36% from 3 is probably pretty darn good--- its probably in the top half of guys that have turned out really good.

but 46.9% from the field, 39.9% from 3--- and doing it while you are the ONLY even above average offensive player on your team is ABSOLUTELY OUT OF THIS WORLD OUTSTANDING. As I said- HISTORICALLY good for a point guard--- especially when you consider he had over 5 assists per game a well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fewer attempts effects percentages? you realize PER CENT means per 100- lol.....

Uh, no it doesn't. Stopped reading after that sentence because now you're trying to move the goalposts and add a factor that you never mentioned. It's how we know you're being proven wrong...again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont care how you break it down

Rose, Paul, Parker, Curry, RW, D. Williams, KLowry, Kemba, oladipo, Mudiay, Russell, Irving, Conley, Wall, Rondo, Bledsoe, Knight, Exum, Smart, Lillard, Rubio, Dragic, Teague, Billups, Baron D., JKidd, Starbury, Nash, Stevie Franchise...

russell is probably around middle of the pack shooting wise at 42.5%/36.0% of a very esteemed group

kyrie- is at 46.9%/39.9% was truly historic. Curry is probably the only one that compares favorably

Status
Not open for further replies.