• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Cavs aren't playing that well, but GS and SA are making them look not as good as they are. What they are doing is historic. The Cavs can still win 60 games and coast their way into the ECF not playing their best ball. But they need to be connecting on all cylinders if they want to make this a special year, not getting my hopes up lol

If they end up playing the Heat in round 2, Cavs prob win, but I doubt they "coast" through that series.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, makes me think Lue might be planning on resting LeBron tomorrow vs the Celts.

Hope not.
Heat can hopefully catch Celts and I was penciling in tomorrow as a L for them.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Cavs aren't playing that well, but GS and SA are making them look not as good as they are. What they are doing is historic. The Cavs can still win 60 games and coast their way into the ECF not playing their best ball. But they need to be connecting on all cylinders if they want to make this a special year, not getting my hopes up lol
So now the reason they're not playing well is the Warriors & Spurs fault?? Hahahaha. Classic.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now the reason they're not playing well is the Warriors & Spurs fault?? Hahahaha. Classic.

I think his point is the perception. Any other season... people would be viewing the Cavs current season in a much more positive light. But because of the historic season the Warriors and Spurs are having... ever positive is less impressive and every negative is amplified.

I agree, but I think its a good thing for the Cavs. Not good that they have to potentially go through an all-time great team to get a championship... but good that its putting pressure on them to do better.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his point is the perception. Any other season... people would be viewing the Cavs current season in a much more positive light. But because of the historic season the Warriors and Spurs are having... ever positive is less impressive and every negative is amplified.

I agree, but I think its a good thing for the Cavs. Not good that they have to potentially go through an all-time great team to get a championship... but good that its putting pressure on them to do better.
I disagree. I think the reason their flaws are amplified right now is because of the bad decision making going on there.

Starting with the FO hiring a coach BEFORE LBJ came back. And I don't want to hear they didn't know he was going back. They knew they were pitching for him to, and clearing cap space to make it happen. Then when the team under performs they fire their HC- despite having the BEST record in their conference.

All that did was prove to the rest of the league they're in panic mode & know they can't win. And even today- things haven't really gotten "better" so-to-speak. So when they say the success of other teams is a reason the Cavs might be under a microscope I don't think they're taking accountability for what is going on right there in their own organization.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think the reason their flaws are amplified right now is because of the bad decision making going on there.

Starting with the FO hiring a coach BEFORE LBJ came back. And I don't want to hear they didn't know he was going back. They knew they were pitching for him to, and clearing cap space to make it happen. Then when the team under performs they fire their HC- despite having the BEST record in their conference.

All that did was prove to the rest of the league they're in panic mode & know they can't win. And even today- things haven't really gotten "better" so-to-speak. So when they say the success of other teams is a reason the Cavs might be under a microscope I don't think they're taking accountability for what is going on right there in their own organization.

Fair point. The have definitely put a lot of pressure on themselves regardless of the performance of any other team. Still... the fact that the Warriors are killing it certainly doesn't help that pressure.:-)

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. The have definitely put a lot of pressure on themselves regardless of the performance of any other team. Still... the fact that the Warriors are killing it certainly doesn't help that pressure.:-)
Yes, that I can agree with. :nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Detroit, but when it comes down to the playoffs you need experience. None of those guys have much experience in the playoffs. The whole Cavs team basically now has that experience. Detroit and Miami do worry me the most.

I agree that it's unlikely that Detroit can beat the Cavs in the playoffs. However, Detroit being young can make them a dangerous first round opponent, especially if the Cavs are still trying to work out whatever internal issues seem to be going on. If the Detroit gains some confidence and the Cavs aren't fully focused on them, they could pull off the upset simply because they are young and don't know that they can't beat the Cavs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delly doesn't count as an enforcer?? :laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow :L :L :L

You are definitely the only that can't comprehend my comment. Reread it, that might be too difficult though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always :L

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty funny.
Sixers have done a whole lot of tanking , losing, trading, drafting to get a center, and Riley finds Whiteside at the YMCA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up 8 with under 4 to go and they lose.

Fuck the Knicks

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up 8 with under 4 to go and they lose.

Fuck the Knicks

Detroit and Indiana fighting it out for the 7th and 8th seeds. Fuck those matchups in the 1st round. I'll take our current match up with Atlanta. Although Charlotte at the 6th looks like an easy one (fuck you Boston).

Status
Not open for further replies.