• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The King wants to join the Sacramento Kings!
First Kyrie was leaving- he signs a max contract

next off season- Kevin Love was DEFINITELY leaving- he signs a max contract

now- LeBron is leaving---- lol.....i hope the trend continues.

its all just a joke.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its all just a joke.

Yeah, people keep saying that he'll leave if they don't win a title, but I'm not so sure. Lebron may want titles, but he also is trying to build a brand ala MJ and Kobe that will take care of him and his family for decades. I think that if he left Cleveland again, especially with no title, it would do a lot of damage to his brand.

It would also effectively eliminate him from any GOAT discussion, no matter how many titles he won with another team.

It's a Stephen A. report, so not too credible, imo. Not as bad as Broussard, but until Woj says it, it isn't very credible, imo.

As far as Kyrie and Love, if you think them signing max deals means they can't/won't leave, I've got some beachfront property in Oklahoma I'd like to sell you.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its all just a joke.

Nobody said he was leaving, but I'll bet you if theres no title this year
then there won't be a James/Kyrie/Love III.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its all just a joke.
LeBron is the last one of the three I'd expect to see leave. And having them all there is good, but only if they actually win it all one of these years.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And, the people who anticipated Kyrie leaving never considered James would be
coming.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not impossible Love gets traded if they dont win a title- but they arent gonna trade him unless they get a Godfather offer for him. There is just simply no reason too.

id say unless their is some catastrophe and they lose prior to the Finals- unless they just get routed in the Finals- all 3 of those guys will be back.

There are just not that many teams that are A. Contenders and B. have the assets the Cavs would want.

Boston is one- but the Cavs arent trying to help out Boston- what if Boston trades for Kevin Love- and doesnt have to give up that Brooklyn pick- and then trades that Brooklyn pick for something good- and signs a good free agent---- the Cavs arent going to help their ascension.

Who else even matches up?

before you run your mouth- at LEAST give a couple viable options for who and for what you think the Cavs might make a deal for- because when you actually run through that exercise- you get a fucking clue and realize the very high percentage chance that it wont happen. ESPECIALLY considering the contracts Love and Kyrie are on are just amazing contracts. There simply isnt many good matches or anything that makes a lot of sense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the every night the Cavs won the lotto and got the rights to pick either Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins you could almost see what was coming if things broke right---- Wiggins for Love, Kyrie max extension- LeBron back in the fold---

Now the Cavs obviously did not operate like this was a sure thing--- in FACT- they were hot on the trial on Gordon Heyward- and Frye- who would have been interesting to put together with that young team....but of course- the rest is history-- Gilbert sends the private jet to Florida instead of Indiana...

There just isnt a trade out there for Love that makes sense...these super star deals almost just present themselves and have a certain momentum.....

I seriously dont know who would even make a big time offer for Love- or who even has assets the Cavs would want.--- especially considering Love is signed for the long term at a cap number that is only going to look better and better....

a 27 year old stud in his prime like Love signed to a multi year deal at a fair number--- that is the most valuable asset in the fucking sport.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not impossible Love gets traded if they dont win a title- but they arent gonna trade him unless they get a Godfather offer for him. There is just simply no reason too.

id say unless their is some catastrophe and they lose prior to the Finals- unless they just get routed in the Finals- all 3 of those guys will be back.

There are just not that many teams that are A. Contenders and B. have the assets the Cavs would want.

Boston is one- but the Cavs arent trying to help out Boston- what if Boston trades for Kevin Love- and doesnt have to give up that Brooklyn pick- and then trades that Brooklyn pick for something good- and signs a good free agent---- the Cavs arent going to help their ascension.

Who else even matches up?

before you run your mouth- at LEAST give a couple viable options for who and for what you think the Cavs might make a deal for- because when you actually run through that exercise- you get a fucking clue and realize the very high percentage chance that it wont happen. ESPECIALLY considering the contracts Love and Kyrie are on are just amazing contracts. There simply isnt many good matches or anything that makes a lot of sense.

I don't need to think through anything other the it would have been Fail II with that group.
Maybe James should rethink some of his power play GM moves ?
I know Riley has said if the Heat failed in year 2, there wouldn't have been a year 3.
If memory serves, James left here because he felt the core group
wasn't good enough to beat the WC champ.
What , and why, would make you think his reasoning wouldn't be the same this
summer if they fall short?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to think through anything other the it would have been Fail II with that group.
Maybe James should rethink some of his power play GM moves ?
I know Riley has said if the Heat failed in year 2, there wouldn't have been a year 3.
If memory serves, James left here because he felt the core group
wasn't good enough to beat the WC champ.
What , and why, would make you think his reasoning wouldn't be the same this
summer if they fall short?
i think there is something to that reasoning and thats why I tried to think of possible deals--- and unless they are just FORCED to make a move- i just dont see a deal that makes sense....

now if they lose prior to the Finals and are FORCEd to make a move?--- Maybe I could see Love going-----

if they lose to a GSW team that has the all time wins record? I dont see how that "forces" them to make a move-

and the most important thing is like i said---

having a 27 year old like Love in his prime on a good , long term contract is the most valuable asset in the entire sport----

his immense value is the only thing that even makes me think a trade is somewhat possible thinking that a team just might make a Godfather offer for him--- but i go around the league and just cant find a circumstance that would make sense and add tothe team

ESPECIALLY when you already have Shumpert and Thompson...how many role players do yo uneed? as soon as you got rid of him youd just be looking for another star. it just doesnt make sense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think there is something to that reasoning and thats why I tried to think of possible deals--- and unless they are just FORCED to make a move- i just dont see a deal that makes sense....

now if they lose prior to the Finals and are FORCEd to make a move?--- Maybe I could see Love going-----

if they lose to a GSW team that has the all time wins record? I dont see how that "forces" them to make a move-

and the most important thing is like i said---

having a 27 year old like Love in his prime on a good , long term contract is the most valuable asset in the entire sport----

his immense value is the only thing that even makes me think a trade is somewhat possible thinking that a team just might make a Godfather offer for him--- but i go around the league and just cant find a circumstance that would make sense and add tothe team

ESPECIALLY when you already have Shumpert and Thompson...how many role players do yo uneed? as soon as you got rid of him youd just be looking for another star. it just doesnt make sense.

There's merit both ways.
The only thing, for sure is, that if James doesn't think his roster is good enough to win it all, then it isn't good enough to stay as is.
I guess if, and/ or until the Cavs lose we'll just have to keep reading the stupid Stephen A and others speculation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not going to research exact players, but it seems that even with the new wrinkles to the offense, Love gets relegated to the 3 point line more than he should given his overall skills. Plus, even if they tweak the offense enough so that Kyrie, Love and Lebron are all relatively happy with their roles, there is still the issue of Love's lack of defense, Kyrie's isn't great and Lebron can't cover for everybody anymore.

Seems like they might be better served to replace Love with 2 players. 1 a spot up 3 point shooter (Kyle Korver type) and 1 who is more of a defensive minded player. Neither would be as good as Love is individually, but they would improve the team overall.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its all just a joke.

He cant leave, despite what some are suggesting.

He would be despised.

Thankfully for Cavs fans, being well liked is extremely important to Lebron and his brand.

Curry has already eclipsed Bron in popularity with his winning ways.

Leaving will simply make things worse.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On March 6th, the 2015-2016 Miami Heat tied their win total from last season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie Irving in February---- keep in mind- one game he played only 9 minutes because of illness and that brings his stats down

In February--- shot over 50% from the field, over 23 points a game, over 5 assists a game, and 2.4 rebounds per game---- thats pretty damn good month. Take out that OKC game and he averaged over 25 points game and over 6 assists a game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see what he looks like in June.

Didn't you know, he is feeling better than he has in a long time and he really is looking better. Some nights he is having to carry this team, the rest of the team needs to get in a groove, especially Uncle Drew.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO the first one out is Love, I think almost anyone can agree with that. Unlikely, but no titles chances everything.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's merit both ways.
The only thing, for sure is, that if James doesn't think his roster is good enough to win it all, then it isn't good enough to stay as is.
I guess if, and/ or until the Cavs lose we'll just have to keep reading the stupid Stephen A and others speculation.

Some things you just can't control, their wouldn't be another team he could go to really that has the young core like Cleveland does. I think if they lose to the Warriors again, it's just a team that is better than them and the rest of the NBA. I think they could have a better chance this year but the way the Warriors are playing, not one team would be better for Lebron unless a stacked team could afford Lebron and that's not happening. Lebron isn't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.