• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is 35-26 with a favorable schedule and playing their best ball of the season. Back in the summer/preseason, I said this is a 48-52 win team. I think 48 wins is a lock as all they would need to do is go 13-8 over the final 21 games. I actually think they end up with 50 wins.

50 would be a very impressive record (and I agree it looks very possible) especially given what's going on with Bosh.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 would be a very impressive record (and I agree it looks very possible) especially given what's going on with Bosh.

March is very favorable so I don't think 15-6 is hard to achieve as long as they stay healthy. April isn't bad either. Their April schedule looks like this

@ SAC
@ POR
VS DET
VS CHI
@ORL
VS ORL
@ DET
@ BOS

Its going to be close. 15-6 is possible but they have to keep playing good ball. The only games I look at in the month of March as really difficult task are the games VS CLE, @ TOR, & @ SAS. There other tough games but if they keep up this level of play, they should be able to win most

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
March is very favorable so I don't think 15-6 is hard to achieve as long as they stay healthy. April isn't bad either.

Yeah... I saw that before the Suns game... Miami was sitting on the 4th hardest schedule to date (hardest in East) and the 4th easiest schedule remaining.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original article by Haynes on having an 'enforcer' was pretty good, but the narrative being pitched by all the secondhand articles is a stretch.

The Reporter is the one that brought up the subject of an 'enforcer' to LeBron, Kyrie, and Lue. He asked them about the importance of having an enforcer on a championship team and all 3 seemed to support the idea that it is important. LeBron referenced Udonis, Bird, & Perkins and talked about how much they meant to the team in the playoffs.

I didn't see a single quote that said "we need one" or anything like that though, they were just answering the dude's questions.

It's always good to have an enforcer of some kind, even in today's NBA. Beyond that though, some guys are kept because they are good "locker room guys." They can't really play like they used to, but they have experience and can help keep a team focused when things get a little tough in the playoffs.

End of the day, I'd rather have a guy like Perkins, who has been an important part of a team that has won a title, sitting on the end of my bench than some 29-30 year old rookie. Which, I think, is probably the point of why some Cavs players were upset.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs resting Love tonight vs Washington. Start of 3 games in 4 days.

Unless he has some sort of health issue, I don't like this. I want to see the Cavs playing well together by the time the playoffs get here and time is running low.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Cavs want Washington to beat out DET and CHI for the 8 seed :noidea:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless he has some sort of health issue, I don't like this. I want to see the Cavs playing well together by the time the playoffs get here and time is running low.

I think they can take Washington without Love. They played awful vs Wash last time but didn't have Lebron. This is the stretch where they need to start playing better IMO

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cleveland wants anything to do with either Washington or Detroit. Detroit is a young team.. but they have proven they can beat the Cavs...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cleveland wants anything to do with either Washington or Detroit. Detroit is a young team.. but they have proven they can beat the Cavs...

I like Detroit, but when it comes down to the playoffs you need experience. None of those guys have much experience in the playoffs. The whole Cavs team basically now has that experience. Detroit and Miami do worry me the most.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is a different team with Joe Johnson. If Bosh comes back and they start him at C... the Heat could be in the Finals.

I honestly believe the Heat, Pistons, Raptors, and Boston could beat the Cavs in a 7 game series as of right now.

Reactions: LAD

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Detroit, but when it comes down to the playoffs you need experience. None of those guys have much experience in the playoffs. The whole Cavs team basically now has that experience. Detroit and Miami do worry me the most.
Experience is important.. but when it comes down to it.. Van Gundy got the Magic to the Finals with an inexperienced team.. and this Pistons team is a better version of that team IMO.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why nobody picked up Bargnani...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Experience is important.. but when it comes down to it.. Van Gundy got the Magic to the Finals with an inexperienced team.. and this Pistons team is a better version of that team IMO.

No they aren't, not even close. Drummond is comparable to Dwight, but the shooters he had around him were crazy good. He had 7 guys that shot over 35% and Jameer and Rashard were crazy good that year. Don't forget Hedo, who was so underrated. Then you had young guys like Courtney Lee and J.J. That team was lights out behind the arc, like GS good bc they had so many shooters.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is a different team with Joe Johnson. If Bosh comes back and they start him at C... the Heat could be in the Finals.

I honestly believe the Heat, Pistons, Raptors, and Boston could beat the Cavs in a 7 game series as of right now.

No disrespect bro but you're on crack. Only team I give a solid shot is Miami and that only if CB returns. Pistons would lose in 5. Not enough playoffs experience. Raptors always choke in the playoffs. The Celtics are built for the regular season IMO

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Washington and Detroit get in and Indiana and Chicago end up outside the playoffs...

I had to do a double take on this one, I didn't realize that Chicago as of right now are sitting outside of the playoffs. Personally, I'd like to see them get in as an 8th seed. Sure, Cleveland would win the series. But it'd be the worse possible scenario for a 1st round matchup that the Cavs could hope for if all of the Bulls are healthy come playoff time.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect bro but you're on crack. Only team I give a solid shot is Miami and that only if CB returns. Pistons would lose in 5. Not enough playoffs experience. Raptors always choke in the playoffs. The Celtics are built for the regular season IMO

I know the Cavs aren't playing that well, but GS and SA are making them look not as good as they are. What they are doing is historic. The Cavs can still win 60 games and coast their way into the ECF not playing their best ball. But they need to be connecting on all cylinders if they want to make this a special year, not getting my hopes up lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strange to rest coming off this many days off..

Status
Not open for further replies.