• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Rumor Thread

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for the "Well we tried" and "Were not going to make any moves just to make a move" speeches.

But we have about 2 more weeks left for Jack Z to practice those lines.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really love the idea of Ben Zobrist. He's solid at the plate, great clubhouse guy and plays OF, SS and 2B effectively.

Zobrist is a good baseball player whose value goes far beyond what you see in the stat line.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for the "Well we tried" and "Were not going to make any moves just to make a move" speeches.

But we have about 2 more weeks left for Jack Z to practice those lines.

Ive been saving up all of my manly tears for that moment.:bawling:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really love the idea of Ben Zobrist. He's solid at the plate, great clubhouse guy and plays OF, SS and 2B effectively.

Zobrist is a good baseball player whose value goes far beyond what you see in the stat line.

He would be my #1 talked about targets for us. Byrd #2. Lester #3 (I talked about him s I am counting that...lol). Price #4.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have been reading several tweets and articles that teams have been calling Marlins about Stanton since they have lost a few of late. Apparently they have not been told he isn't available. M's make your best offer.....now.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have been reading several tweets and articles that teams have been calling Marlins about Stanton since they have lost a few of late. Apparently they have not been told he isn't available. M's make your best offer.....now.

:drool:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you go walker, paxton, franklin then some c level guys for him? Do they take that, hell take ackley and or smoak too

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hr just mentioned tulo as tradable? Make up for the clement draft bomb?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 5 which is what I said in the off season when their collective values were higher. Walker and Paxton can be replaced via free agency in Seattle and the others are just worth very little and can be replaced via little leaguers from Seattle.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you go walker, paxton, franklin then some c level guys for him? Do they take that, hell take ackley and or smoak too

I'd be fine with a Paxton, Walker and Miller offer trade offer, then if they allow to dump a combo of Ackley/Franklin/Smoak then you could add a Guerrero. Peterson and Zunino are the only two younger players that would be off limits IMO.

It is basically going to have to be what Detroit gave up for Cabrera, I can't remember who else was involved but I believe scouts have a much higher grade on Walker than they did Miller.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give just about anything and everything for Giancarlo Stanton. I'm relatively stingy when it comes to trades, but I'd give up just about anything to land him. Monster power is an understatement when it comes to this guy. He's 24 and looks like he could only keep getting better.

I would seriously give up a package of Walker, Paxton and Peterson to land him. I like the three of them A LOT, but Giancarlo Stanton is a great player and only 24 years old. You can't pass up an opportunity to land a player of his ability. Before Stanton retires I would bet that he has at least 2 50 HR seasons.

The only concern with him is injuries.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with a Paxton, Walker and Miller offer trade offer, then if they allow to dump a combo of Ackley/Franklin/Smoak then you could add a Guerrero. Peterson and Zunino are the only two younger players that would be off limits IMO.

It is basically going to have to be what Detroit gave up for Cabrera, I can't remember who else was involved but I believe scouts have a much higher grade on Walker than they did Miller.

I'd say that Cabrera had more value at the time of the trade than Stanton does. Cabrera was 25 at the trade, but had less injury concerns and hit for average while still putting up 30+ HR seasons.

The Marlins would have to be unbelievably stupid to make the same mistake twice.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hr just mentioned tulo as tradable? Make up for the clement draft bomb?

Tulo is a great player, but the stadium he plays in really inflates his value.

Home: 481 G 99 HR .323/.397/.565
Away: 478 G 77 HR .275/.349/.470

I would love to have Tulowitzki, he's having an MVP type season, but the stadium he plays in will require a team to give up too much for him because they'll be paying for the stats he's putting up in Colorado.

If the season ended today I would probably vote for Tulowitzki to win the NL MVP (If I had a vote), but take a look at his home and away splits this year:

Home: 44 G 14 HR 35 RBI .417/.497/.748
Away: 45 G 7 HR 17 RBI .265/.367/.463

He would not be having as mammoth a season if he played in Seattle. I want to look aside his skewed home/away splits and dream of Tulo in a Mariners uniform, but the Mariners would be paying for a player whose value is inflated by the stadium he plays in.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, while the Phillies will not conduct a true fire sale, GM Ruben Amaro Jr. has indicated through conversations with his peers that the club is prepared to sell. Outfielder Marlon Byrd is the most likely to go, says Bowden, though his contract presents some complications. While the Mariners are interested in him, Bowden says that the recent free agent signee will ask that the club guarantee his $8MM option for 2016, which Seattle is not currently willing to do. The Royals could also make sense as a partner, but also appear on Byrd’s four-team no-trade list and do not want to take on that level of mid-term commitment. It would appear that Byrd’s representatives at ACES advised their client well in selecting the relatively paltry number of teams to which he could refuse a trade.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, while the Phillies will not conduct a true fire sale, GM Ruben Amaro Jr. has indicated through conversations with his peers that the club is prepared to sell. Outfielder Marlon Byrd is the most likely to go, says Bowden, though his contract presents some complications. While the Mariners are interested in him, Bowden says that the recent free agent signee will ask that the club guarantee his $8MM option for 2016, which Seattle is not currently willing to do. The Royals could also make sense as a partner, but also appear on Byrd’s four-team no-trade list and do not want to take on that level of mid-term commitment. It would appear that Byrd’s representatives at ACES advised their client well in selecting the relatively paltry number of teams to which he could refuse a trade.

Wow. Thanks but no thanks.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that Cabrera had more value at the time of the trade than Stanton does. Cabrera was 25 at the trade, but had less injury concerns and hit for average while still putting up 30+ HR seasons.

The Marlins would have to be unbelievably stupid to make the same mistake twice.

I'm not so sure I would agree that Cabrera's value would've been higher though.

A. Hitting is at a higher premium now than it was then.

B. Cabrera was always talked about in discussions as he could come in and play 1B or DH. I haven't seen where people talk about Stanton coming to the AL and switching positions.

But do agree the Marlins would be really stupid to get anything but a "king's" ransom. Pun intended because if I was the GM for Miami and Jack called me about Stanton the first thing I'd ask for in return would be Felix.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor on MSN is that Matt Kemp wants a trade if he's not playing everyday. I'd rather go after him than anyone else mentioned, and the trade demand may make that a little easier to do with what we can offer.

We need our hat in the Matt Kemp ring IMO.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp wants to play CF everyday. No thanks to that.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp wants to play CF everyday. No thanks to that.
That's what he says to a team with 5 legitimate OFs, where he's not playing any position every day. We offer the compromise of playing LF every day, with nobody in the foreseeable future there to take his spot.

And I'd much rather have him than Marlon Byrd.

The price may still be too high, that's fine. But we should push reasonably hard on him IMO.