• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good inning for Nick. 3 up 3 down with a K.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This commentator is a moron.

"Got to take ERA's with a grain of salt in texas. That place is a launching pad."

No it's not. The park factors show a significant difference since they opened the back of the stadium. There's no channel carrying the wind out to R field anymore. Second, Darvish, Lewis, Wilson, Harry, Ogando, etc have all proven you can pitch successfully in Arlington. :L

Dumbasses shouldn't be able to call baseball games

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimenez looking like a scrub.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this one is tough to digest, cant think about anything other than how long of a season it is going to be. Last year was awful, depending on how things go with Fielder and others this one may feel longer?
Club might surprise, but if it's getting towards the trade deadline and the club dumped as many big salaries as possible for prospects, and auditioned some of their younger kids, I think the fans would understand and back the move. If we got to August and got had an IF of Gallo, Odor, Profar and Beltre, with an improved farm, I would be good

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua with a hard hit out to third.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why even mention his results in his first ST appearance?

I didn't. I never said anything about his ST appearance. You assumed I am not a huge fan because of his start, and it had nothing to do with his outing.

Duane said something about his ST start, I believe.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't agree. These press stooges don't have the team in mind they just want people to click on their stupid stories.

The price just went up on any veteran pitcher TEX went after with no assurance of the value of the outcome. I have grown to the opinion that only big dollar SP over 29 years old that I would acquire would be at the deadline for a two month rental.

I am good with TEX going with what they have in their system. Young guys figure out they have a shot early ... they are going to step up or get passed. If they always think the big team is going to make trades or make FA signings that tells them "the big team doesn't think I am ready".

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also an extremely young pitcher learning on the job. He really seemed to put it together down the stretch last season. If I remember right you were the eternal pessimist about holland too when I kept telling everyone he was a stud.
It is amusing to go back and read the earlier threads when folks were wanting to give up on Holland. ESPN doesn't appear to have any of the comments to go along with the 2010 posts, but some of the ones in the next couple of years had some big Holland debates. I went back and read some of them after reading what you wrote about not giving up on Tepesch the way some wanted to do with Derek. I often wonder what happened to some of those folks who used to comment on there a lot.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't. I never said anything about his ST appearance. You assumed I am not a huge fan because of his start, and it had nothing to do with his outing.

Duane said something about his ST start, I believe.

You are correct. My bad.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amusing to go back and read the earlier threads when folks were wanting to give up on Holland. ESPN doesn't appear to have any of the comments to go along with the 2010 posts, but some of the ones in the next couple of years had some big Holland debates. I went back and read some of them after reading what you wrote about not giving up on Tepesch the way some wanted to do with Derek. I often wonder what happened to some of those folks who used to comment on there a lot.

Little by little the figured out their baseball minds weren't up to snuff.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rua with a hard hit out to third.

It is just ST ... but it is nice for sophomores to get untracked early their first ML camp ST. We've seen young guys excel in ST than fizzle when the RS starts ... but rare to see a young guy catch fire when RS starts.

Amazing to me is that Rua is one season from when in 2013 he was a full season teammate of Joey Gallo, Lewis Brinson, Jorge Alfaro, Nick Williams and Nomar Mazara. He's a natural 3bman and might perhaps be the more probable heir to 3b than is Gallo.

Really like that he's untracking at the plate early while in his first ST as an outfielder.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ask Scotty ...

Some stay around and change their perspectives or change their name if they make a run of being wrong too often.

At least Scotty doesn't run off ...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just ST ... but it is nice for sophomores to get untracked early their first ML camp ST. We've seen young guys excel in ST than fizzle when the RS starts ... but rare to see a young guy catch fire when RS starts.

Amazing to me is that Rua is one season from when in 2013 he was a full season teammate of Joey Gallo, Lewis Brinson, Jorge Alfaro, Nick Williams and Nomar Mazara. He's a natural 3bman and might perhaps be the more probable heir to 3b than is Gallo.

Really like that he's untracking at the plate early while in his first ST as an outfielder.

His timing still looks a little off, but I like that he, Martin, and Odor are seeing some pitches. Odor's double was crushed.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Scotty ...

Some stay around and change their perspectives or change their name if they make a run of being wrong too often.

At least Scotty doesn't run off ...

There's a few I'm perfectly happy to see stay gone, or never made the move from espn in the first place.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a few I'm perfectly happy to see stay gone, or never made the move from espn in the first place.
A couple came over and left i.e. Nathan 777

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple came over and left i.e. Nathan 777

Forgot about him. I believe I've actually seen him on Twitter because he has a similar username or something. I don't remember him being annoying tho.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about him. I believe I've actually seen him on Twitter because he has a similar username or something. I don't remember him being annoying tho.
No he wasn't. Was surprised he left.