• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Darvish is looking at Tommy John eh? Well shit! I guess the baseball Gods aren't finished shitting on us yet!

They hate the Rangers

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance. I like the crazy level exactly as is around here, thank you very much.

Well said.

You won't remember this, but when I was a "rookie" on the ESPN site I got suddenly sideways with Laney - had no clue this was a female - and good heavens. The wolfs descended upon me, and you were EXACTLY one-of-one who came in with a voice of sanity.

Man-O-man, I was labeled anything between a pig monster and an immature prick. I swear, to this very moment I have no idea why and how all that transpired. It was bizarre how many guys showed up for the audition of "Defending Laney."

I have no bone, literally, to pick with Laney. Honest. If she comes back and post, so be it. But she sure seemed to have a buffer/defensive team no one else has/had on either of the two sites.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why. He did not seem to care for Arlington. Don't know why he hasn't been picked up by somebody. Big contract/money?
* missed sore elbow:scratch:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why. He did not seem to care for Arlington. Don't know why he hasn't been picked up by somebody. Big contract/money?

He's had a fantastic career. May still have some tread left. But for my money, I spend none of it on him.

As far as not liking Arlington, I'm not positive on this. But do consider the following, (1) Wash was the manager and surely that seemed odd at best. (2) Greenburg pulled what he pulled and surely this made him think, "what the hell is going on with this team REALLY." (3) He had a terrific life in Philly - medical needs for his son was handled wonderfully well there, traffic wasn't the problem it is from Arlington to the rest of the MetroPlex, and it just happened to be the hottest summer in DFW's history.

I wish him all the best. But I wouldn't take his salary and give up anything to have him on our staff.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said.

You won't remember this, but when I was a "rookie" on the ESPN site I got suddenly sideways with Laney - had no clue this was a female - and good heavens. The wolfs descended upon me, and you were EXACTLY one-of-one who came in with a voice of sanity.

Man-O-man, I was labeled anything between a pig monster and an immature prick. I swear, to this very moment I have no idea why and how all that transpired. It was bizarre how many guys showed up for the audition of "Defending Laney."

I have no bone, literally, to pick with Laney. Honest. If she comes back and post, so be it. But she sure seemed to have a buffer/defensive team no one else has/had on either of the two sites.

I don't remember who exactly, but she had a whole entourage of white Knights. It was absolutely ridiculous. I'm not sure if you were here when she went on her last crazy bitch tirade, but holy fuck was it something to behold. She always tried to say I manipulated her posts to make them seem that way, but even jta (who was completely impartial) came in and told her she was letting her crazy hang out. Then she continued her hissy fit for a couple more pages before finally saying she was leaving.

We don't need that crap in here. Good riddance!

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember who exactly, but she had a whole entourage of white Knights. It was absolutely ridiculous. I'm not sure if you were here when she went on her last crazy bitch tirade, but holy fuck was it something to behold. She always tried to say I manipulated her posts to make them seem that way, but even jta (who was completely impartial) came in and told her she was letting her crazy hang out. Then she continued her hissy fit for a couple more pages before finally saying she was leaving.

We don't need that crap in here. Good riddance!

I remember that. I'm not sure what happened, but she lost it upstairs. I tried to be nice to her because it was probably hard for her to comment on baseball with a bunch of men. She seemed to know more than most women.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that. I'm not sure what happened, but she lost it upstairs. I tried to be nice to her because it was probably hard for her to comment on baseball with a bunch of men. She seemed to know more than most women.

She did, but she was still sorely lacking in certain aspects of the game, and simply couldn't handle it when called on it. The stupid thing about it was I didn't treat her any differently than I do anyone else here. I know I can be an absolute asshole sometimes, but isn't that respect in itself that I didn't treat her any differently just because she was a female?

She is typical of too many females who want to participate in a man's world, but then cries when challenged. She screams for equality, then screams chauvinism when she gets exactly what she asked for.

Again I say, Good Riddance!

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT and I miss Sadie. She of the two poodles. She was always showing up. A very good fan of the team.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT and I miss Sadie. She of the two poodles. She was always showing up. A very good fan of the team.

Sadie is a cool cat. I think one of her poodles passed away. I bet she'll drop in once the season starts.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is just the next in line for an arm surgery

Agree. He has been an injury waiting to happen. Stated this as well last year. Which is why I felt that if a team was truly interested in Lee or Hamels they would need to look at Hamels. He has proven to hold up year after year.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadie is a cool cat. I think one of her poodles passed away. I bet she'll drop in once the season starts.

Rangers traffic likely to slow down again this year after the Darvish news, a couple unfortunate years for our ball club. Hopefully we see some young guys make strides this year. Maybe Derek could win 20 games or something, we could use some excitement. Hope Fielder gets back to being productive