• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect how JD & Co are going about their business in interviewing quality candidates.

Bogar would be fine by me, but whatever they decide I'll probably be pretty comfortable b/c they're doing due diligence in the search process.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the writer is not you. I don't like that article. Tim would be a great hire.

The article is written by David Cash.

I thought the article was OK until his last paragraph:

Between the two top outside choices Jeff Banister is the top choice. There you get a full package ready to go without having to model/train someone for the position. Between Jeff Banister and Tim Bogar the Rangers should pick Banister. Mainly because right now with the way this team is they could use a different voice in the clubhouse. They could also benefit from having someone new come in who has new ideas and directions.

Since Bogar came from the outside a year ago, he's got plenty of "new ideas" IMO.

But again, I'm probably going to be quite comfortable with whomever they hire.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article is written by David Cash.

I thought the article was OK until his last paragraph:

Between the two top outside choices Jeff Banister is the top choice. There you get a full package ready to go without having to model/train someone for the position. Between Jeff Banister and Tim Bogar the Rangers should pick Banister. Mainly because right now with the way this team is they could use a different voice in the clubhouse. They could also benefit from having someone new come in who has new ideas and directions.

Since Bogar came from the outside a year ago, he's got plenty of "new ideas" IMO.

But again, I'm probably going to be quite comfortable with whomever they hire.

I actually should have said fan blog, but I don't understand the need for "new blood" when Bogar is that new blood. And ESPN Refugee could be David Cash for all I know. I don't know that person.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the writer is not you. I don't like that article. Tim would be a great hire.

Haha I'm definitely not the writer of this piece. Rather it was on my Texas Rangers news feed on my news app on my phone.

I don't agree with this one bit as Bogar would fit the new blood criteria. And wasn't this the blog that falsely reported that the reason why Wash resigned initially was due to a shoving and yelling match between Wash and JD. I thought these were the same knuckleheads.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually should have said fan blog, but I don't understand the need for "new blood" when Bogar is that new blood. And ESPN Refugee could be David Cash for all I know. I don't know that person.

Yeah, I don't have a clue as to what David Cash is all about or where he came from.

But I agree with you 100% in regards to Bogar being new blood.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know one thing. I am eager to get the managerial hire over with so that almost every bit of Rangers news isn't about that. Let's get the postseason over with as well.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I'm definitely not the writer of this piece. Rather it was on my Texas Rangers news feed on my news app on my phone.

I don't agree with this one bit as Bogar would fit the new blood criteria. And wasn't this the blog that falsely reported that the reason why Wash resigned initially was due to a shoving and yelling match between Wash and JD. I thought these were the same knuckleheads.

They might have been. Either them or one strike away. Either way it's hilariously bad info that shoving match.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torey Lovullo and Alex Cora have been informed that they are no longer in the running, [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]521850242007048192[/MEDIA]"]tweets[/ame] Rob Bradford of WEEI.com. As Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reported yesterday, the club was expected to winnow the field this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Friedman is leaving his position as the GM of the Rays to become the President of Baseball Operations for the Dodgers.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Friedman is leaving his position as the GM of the Rays to become the President of Baseball Operations for the Dodgers.

Quick!! Grab Joe Maddon!

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be happy with Bogar or Banister

Last edited by a moderator: