• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking CJ, John Rocker, or Milton Bradley.... There had to be a good reason Bradley was pissed off at the world.

I thinking he was probably just being general and he really didn't have anyone in mind.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea I liked Max also..... Teagarden and Salty were both goons tho

Saltalamacchia was okay ... he was a casualty IMO of poor managerial handling. When Teagarden was in the lineup I always thought it would be a better idea to use the DH for him and let the pitcher hit once ... then PH for RPs the rest of the game.

I always thought local pressure on ownership/management got Teagarden drafted and elevated beyond his ceiling ... especially after his second year was lost to injury. Then management rushed him through A+ and AA in attempt to catch him back up because he was a hot hyped prospect. Think it went to his head too hearing all the DFW media anointing him as the next Pudge when he was still in Bakersfield.

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long as people don't think batting average is tge deciding factor of a player's value.

Yeah I don't see Soto's BA being a deciding factor with his playing time. He calls a decent game, works well with the pitchers and is better defensively than AJ. He seems to have the knack for the long ball and getting big hits in clutch situations. I'm not sure if he'll ever get back to the way he was, but with more consistent playing time I do expect to be pleasantly surprised by Soto this year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saltalamacchia was okay ... he was a casualty IMO of poor managerial handling. When Teagarden was in the lineup I always thought it would be a better idea to use the DH for him and let the pitcher hit once ... then PH for RPs the rest of the game.

I always thought local pressure on ownership/management got Teagarden drafted and elevated beyond his ceiling ... especially after his second year was lost to injury. Then management rushed him through A+ and AA in attempt to catch him back up because he was a hot hyped prospect. Think it went to his head too hearing all the DFW media anointing him as the next Pudge when he was still in Bakersfield.

What do you mean by poor managerial handling?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this thread alone...here are the top 5 (as of this post)

jta4437------------475
Justinkm83---------370
WastinSomeTime---351
DT LUNA-----------335
Windingmywatch---281

I may need to take some illegal substances in order to pass jta and Justin.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're only 19 or so behind me.

If I keep posting like I did the last couple days I'll pass you all... I'll likely end up unemployed... but I'll pass you all.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. So who is everyone's pick for Rangers MVP this season on both offense and defense?
2. Who do you think will win the #5 starter job?
3. Who do you think will have the biggest surprise season?

Here my go at it:
1. Going with pretty safe picks- Fielder and Darvish- Darvish is a little more obvious but I think Fielder will put up an amazing season with Choo and Andrus getting on base for him and distracting pitchers with their speed and then of course Beltre protecting him.
2. I'll take a risk on this one... I'm going with Ross. Might be a big risk too I think we need LHP releif.
3. Profar- I think he shows us why he was a #1 ranked prospect this season.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What do you mean by poor managerial handling?

I mean the field manager showing up Salty in the media including on TV for Salty "failing to report his injury".

Jarrod Saltalamacchia injury not sitting well with Ron Washington

Salty won the opening day game with a walk off single ... and then within a game he was being blasted in public. That was the last time Salty played for TEX.

TEX did very little to help him solve the psychology issue he had which caused him a problem just tossing the ball back to the pitcher ... when Wash had gotten on him for bad throws the year before to 2nd base.

IMO ... Wash was upset with Salty from the time he arrived because he didn't want to transition to 1b, a new league and a new team at the deadline in 2007. Again ... IMO ... with the exception of Elvis Andrus (and maybe Derek Holland) I don't know of a single TEX youngster who has responded well to Wash' 'old school' handling.

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. So who is everyone's pick for Rangers MVP this season on both offense and defense?

Here my go at it:
1. Going with pretty safe picks- Fielder and Darvish- Darvish is a little more obvious but I think Fielder will put up an amazing season with Choo and Andrus getting on base for him and distracting pitchers with their speed and then of course Beltre protecting him.
2. I'll take a risk on this one... I'm going with Ross. Might be a big risk too I think we need LHP releif.

I'll hang with you on the answers to 1 & 3. But I'm going with Tepesch at #5, and I'm going out there with this: Ross will begin the season in AAA as a starter.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here my go at it:

on #2 who are you assuming are the top 4? And then everyone can go from there (I can assume, but lets just be clear)

1) Fielder
2) Tepesch
3) Profar

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MO ... Wash was upset with Salty from the time he arrived because he didn't want to transition to 1b, a new league and a new team at the deadline in 2007. Again ... IMO ... with the exception of Elvis Andrus (and maybe Derek Holland) I don't know of a single TEX youngster who has responded well to Wash' 'old school' handling.

From everything which has been said and written for Wash's 8 years at the helm, his biggest attribute is getting the team to play hard and give 100% everyday. Young and old seem to be behind him and I don't get at all where you're coming from here.

PAINTERMAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here my go at it:

1. Fielder offensively
2. Tepesch
3. Ogando, he stays healthy, if not Soto

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Fielder offensively
2. Tepesch
3. Ogando, he stays healthy, if not Soto

Doesn't appear anyone has come to the rescue on changing your name. I've looked and played with it and I'll be damned if I'm gonna be of any assistance. Good luck.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on #2 who are you assuming are the top 4? And then everyone can go from there (I can assume, but lets just be clear)

1) Fielder
2) Tepesch
3) Profar

I'm assuming the top 4 are Darvish, Harrison, Perez, and Ogando

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll hang with you on the answers to 1 & 3. But I'm going with Tepesch at #5, and I'm going out there with this: Ross will begin the season in AAA as a starter.

That's an interesting idea... as sort of a backup plan if Tep doesn't work out I assume.