• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long as people don't think batting average is tge deciding factor of a player's value.

I agree. Soto calls a good game and does a good job overall behind the plate. And I like his stroke. He really had it going on towards the end if the year. And he has some pop in his bat. I have no problem at all with him being our starting catcher.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Soto calls a good game and does a good job overall behind the plate. And I like his stroke. He really had it going on towards the end if the year. And he has some pop in his bat. I have no problem at all with him being our starting catcher.

Hope he kills it this year, i have just tempered my expectations a bit as I was spoiled with Pudge for so long. I believe he will have a resurgent type year with more PT however

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he kills it this year, i have just tempered my expectations a bit as I was spoiled with Pudge for so long. I believe he will have a resurgent type year with more PT however

Remember when we had that " log jam" at catcher and all the other MLB teams were supposedly jealous of us and wanted to trade? Didn't get much out of that trio of misfits. Salty was a strikeout machine, had fundamental catcher issues, and generally belonged in the minors at the time and Taylor Teagarden known as "K-garden" was known for striking out so much, that a guy on a certain radio show was running a campaign to get him into the all-star game. I think Teagarden was 3rd in the voting, but I would of enjoyed seeing him bussed to the all star game from Double A Frisco. I guess Max Ramirez is still in the minors, can't say much about him. I think he has a good arm.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when we had that " log jam" at catcher and all the other MLB teams were supposedly jealous of us and wanted to trade? Didn't get much out of that trio of misfits. Salty was a strikeout machine, had fundamental catcher issues, and generally belonged in the minors at the time and Taylor Teagarden known as "K-garden" was known for striking out so much, that a guy on a certain radio show was running a campaign to get him into the all-star game. I think Teagarden was 3rd in the voting, but I would of enjoyed seeing him bussed to the all star game from Double A Frisco. I guess Max Ramirez is still in the minors, can't say much about him. I think he has a good arm.

Max Ramirez. Now there's a name I had completely forgotten. Last I remember he is now in the Reds minor league system. But at one time, he was a hot property.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this post, we are now tied with the Giants for the most posts on an MLB board :suds:

Additionally, the Ranger board accounts for almost 76% of the posts in the AL! :yahoo:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Ramirez. Now there's a name I had completely forgotten. Last I remember he is now in the Reds minor league system. But at one time, he was a hot property.

All bat, no glove

never gave him consistent ABs at the ML level

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With this post, we are now tied with the Giants for the most posts on an MLB board :suds:

Additionally, the Ranger board accounts for almost 76% of the posts in the AL! :yahoo:

Ford ... near as I can tell you made the first post here back in Aug 2011.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...s-angels-iv-lets-piss-off-weaver-edition.html

Site has gotten more and more traffic since the beginning. Thanks for being one of those who led the first exodus from 'the ww leader'.

Is there any way you can post who our top 5 or so posters have been over the time we have been here?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any way you can post who our top 5 or so posters have been over the time we have been here?

For this thread alone...here are the top 5 (as of this post)

jta4437------------475
Justinkm83---------370
WastinSomeTime---351
DT LUNA-----------335
Windingmywatch---281

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Teagarden got promoted from AA to AAA batting .176. Will never forget what a spare he was.

Sat with Max's Venezuelan GM on night at Frisco. Max started out at 3b but lacked the glove to play there and after his first season in Rookie League for ATL was moved to catcher. Always had a strong although not real accurate arm. Of the three catchers ... Max at that time had the most devastating bat. Over time Salty has gotten better but his arm lost him the job during the WS for BOS.

One of my most memorable Max plays was in 2008 when Max was in the middle of a very infrequent 1b-C-3b double play. Izturas grounded to CD ... throw to the plate and Jeff Mathis bowls Max over who not only holds onto the ball but from his knees throws out Casey Kotchman trying to get into third. (Yea I had to go look at the game logs)

Always liked Max spirit and while we see him every ST in another uniform ... never could get to the ML-level for any length of time.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burnett's off the table. 1 year - 16 million w/ the phillies.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teagarden got promoted from AA to AAA batting .176. Will never forget what a spare he was.

Sat with Max's Venezuelan GM on night at Frisco. Max started out at 3b but lacked the glove to play there and after his first season in Rookie League for ATL was moved to catcher. Always had a strong although not real accurate arm. Of the three catchers ... Max at that time had the most devastating bat. Over time Salty has gotten better but his arm lost him the job during the WS for BOS.

One of my most memorable Max plays was in 2008 when Max was in the middle of a very infrequent 1b-C-3b double play. Izturas grounded to CD ... throw to the plate and Jeff Mathis bowls Max over who not only holds onto the ball but from his knees throws out Casey Kotchman trying to get into third. (Yea I had to go look at the game logs)

Always liked Max spirit and while we see him every ST in another uniform ... never could get to the ML-level for any length of time.

Yea I liked Max also..... Teagarden and Salty were both goons tho

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burnett's off the table. 1 year - 16 million w/ the phillies.

Just beat me to it. That was well out of what we would have been willing to spend anyway though. It looks like Hanson or internal options competing is out plan.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY guaranteed he probably had a gay teammate in a recent interview. CJ Wilson? That's the only possible answer.

I'm thinking CJ, John Rocker, or Milton Bradley.... There had to be a good reason Bradley was pissed off at the world.